• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Abuse of enneagram

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am curious about what the others think about this ?

The ennegram teaches you how to recognize your weak spots , traumas , bad fantasies etc. (much more than MBTI) However since you can figure out alot about yourself from enneagram you can do pretty much the same for people around you. In a way it is like having a persons heart on the table and now the only thing is that will you stab it with a knife or you wouldn't.

I mean you can make alot of people that are already "half damaged" really miserable. (especially if they have no clue about psychology)
Or you can simply manipulate them to your advantage.

You can poke an 8 untill he/she expodes and the use that against the person or lure it in a trap. (if your planning is good enough)

You can toy with anexity of type 6.

You can be really harsh towards acomplishments and image of 3s

Chase 5s all over the place.

Ask 2s for a help and then dump them after job is done. (if possble, multiple times)

You can be really rude and assertive towards 4s & 9s.

You can publicly mock belifs that 1 possess.

Or you could try to restrain an 7. (subtly of course)

I mean there is alot of ways to hurt people of each type so I am only making simplistic examples.

So what do you think ? Can enneagram be considered to be a dangerous knowledge?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find bad drivers on the highway more dangerous and more common.

wolfy

awsm
I guess any type of tool where you understand others needs can be used against them. But that can be anything from pulling emotional needs from enneagram to buying the wrong drink down at the shops.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've had these tools before I started learning about type systems and have had to use them at times for survival purposes. Arm twisting is an ancient skill older than any formalized method of personality sorting. The recognition of the differences and ability to discern them is actually the reason any of the systems exist at all.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I await Victor's verdict.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I await Victor's verdict.

You could probably write it for him now and save him the trouble...

srsly, though, people abuse anything. You could even say attending high school chemistry class could lead to someone abusing science to hurt someone they're mad at. People use religious and social etiquette all the time to hurt people. Often there are more direct ways to hurt people, if you want to hurt them.

It's the people, not the thing per se.
It just seems like an irrelevant question to me, and I am not sure what was driving it.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a difference between using something to hurt others, and it being THE ULTIMATE TOOL OF DESTRUCTION!!!!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a difference between using something to hurt others, and it being THE ULTIMATE TOOL OF DESTRUCTION!!!!

That's true.

As far as ultimate tools of destruction go, the enneagram is the psychological equivalent of a marshmallow launcher. If I wanted to really hurt someone, I could do a lot better.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's true.

As far as ultimate tools of destruction go, the enneagram is the psychological equivalent of a marshmallow launcher. If I wanted to really hurt someone, I could do a lot better.

Laughing when they take their clothes off usually does the trick.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People with vulnerabilities often encounter people figuring those out and using them against them anyway. The more damaged a "2", the more often people will use them for help and dump them anyway. Or the more insecure and accomplished a "3", the more often people give backhanded compliments. People are often intentionally overly assertive and intrusive with "9"s. etc. Some people have ability at detecting weaknesses, while others just use a bulldozer technique where only the effective attempts are remembered by the person on the receiving end.

People figure this stuff out without Enneagram. The flip slide of that realization is that the one on the receiving end of the exploitation can also become expert at dodging and blocking those attempts. That's pretty much the experience of socializing throughout a lifetime in a nutshell.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well any personal details you know about someone can be dangerous knowledge, it just depends on what you do with them.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

The ennegram teaches you how to recognize your weak spots , traumas , bad fantasies etc. (much more than MBTI) However since you can figure out alot about yourself from enneagram you can do pretty much the same for people around you. In a way it is like having a persons heart on the table and now the only thing is that will you stab it with a knife or you wouldn't.

I mean you can make alot of people that are already "half damaged" really miserable. (especially if they have no clue about psychology)

You can poke an 8 untill he/she expodes and the use that against the person or lure it in a trap. (if your planning is good enough)

Ask 2s for a help and then dump them after job is done. (if possble, multiple times)

I mean there is alot of ways to hurt people of each type so I am only making simplistic examples.

Some people will find how to make a weapon out of anything. I guess it's a mindset.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I have changed the title since the last one was a little bit overdramatic.

I come here with the new title.

I remember that I wrote a humorous post about being addicted to typology, and it resulted in a thread about icecreams and MBTI.

While I agree with the possibility of it being used as a weapon, I very much doubt about its effectiveness.

Personality is much more than a four-letter type or an enneagram number. If your target has high mental defenses (I know, gaming terms. Meaning to not be easily bothered, or mature enough to not take personally everything he´s told), you will fail miserably.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You could do all those things. But then you would die and go to hell.

Lavos

MBTI Type
ENTP
Perhaps a better title would have been "Enneagram Warfare". Also, you might actually be helping a person by 'hurting' them in this manner; by increasing their self-awareness, and subsequentely their long-term happiness.

KDude

i'm not really up for speaking about my etype HERE. it's silly.. no one actually gives a shit, but in the back of my mind, i kinda wonder if there's slight chance that someone will infer things, even without knowing details. i don't like the idea.

offline, nobody i know cares about the enneagram, so whatever.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
If Enneagram is outlawed, only outlaws will have Enneagram.