User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Some people will find how to make a weapon out of anything. I guess it's a mindset.
    Actually this kind of thinking is exactly what caused the creation of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    I come here with the new title.

I remember that I wrote a humorous post about being addicted to typology, and it resulted in a thread about icecreams and MBTI.

While I agree with the possibility of it being used as a weapon, I very much doubt about its effectiveness.

Personality is much more than a four-letter type or an enneagram number. If your target has high mental defenses (I know, gaming terms. Meaning to not be easily bothered, or mature enough to not take personally everything he´s told), you will fail miserably.

Well there is a reason why I said "already damaged people". Hurting someone that is pretty stable is unlikely for sure. (if you don't do something really bad. But in that case you don't need enneagram to help you)

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

Well there is a reason why I said "already damaged people". Hurting someone that is pretty stable is unlikely for sure. (if you don't do something really bad. But in that case you don't need enneagram to help you)
    Not always. You can find people who are mentally healthy, but very susceptible. I was thinking of that kind of people.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

*Slaps and kicks enneagram*

"you SLUTTY sx, may you die of genital warts!"

*Gets arrested by So-services for Enneagramal abuse*

Nah, seriously...considering that half the time people can't even test right or get their accurate results, as well as the fact that there are only 9 broad, general types (even less than astrology) (!)...there's not much potential to reeeeallly hit a nerve.

*takes swing at Enneagram's nerve from behind bars*
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTJ

So what do you think ? Can enneagram be considered to be a dangerous knowledge?
    No, because not everyone will react to the things you've described despite their enneagram... Some people are more mature than others etc.. it is nearly impossible to hurt certain people while others will get bent out of shape over what I would consider extremely minor things... IMHO it really depends on a lot of other facts besides just a person's enneagram number..
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    watch where you're driving f$cktards! I have the right of way!!! :steam:

I mean there is alot of ways to hurt people of each type so I am only making simplistic examples.

I think all knowledge can be twisted for use in evil ways.

But like some have said, I don't believe knowledge of the enneagram is nearly as powerful as you seem to think it is. I think for most people, it would serve to just irritate them, not cause real psychological harm.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

You can poke an 8 untill he/she expodes and the use that against the person or lure it in a trap. (if your planning is good enough)

You can toy with anexity of type 6.

You can be really harsh towards acomplishments and image of 3s

Chase 5s all over the place.

Ask 2s for a help and then dump them after job is done. (if possble, multiple times)

You can be really rude and assertive towards 4s & 9s.

You can publicly mock belifs that 1 possess.

Or you could try to restrain an 7. (subtly of course)

You could do all those things if you chose to, however you cannot force a reaction out of the other person that is their choice so I don't consider it dangerous.

Ultimately someone who did those things would be no different to the person who attempts to find someone's weaknesses and push their buttons, if a person is inclined to do that already enneagram knowledge isn't going to change much. They would be unable to retain frienships and be generally disliked.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I think all knowledge can be twisted for use in evil ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I guess any type of tool where you understand others needs can be used against them. But that can be anything from pulling emotional needs from enneagram to buying the wrong drink down at the shops.
    +1 to both of these.

I wouldn't be too suspicious if I were you, AO. Then you'd have to be suspicious of everyone who knows you well, and that would be a sad way to live.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!