First 23456 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think IxFP 9s come across as warmer/softer than IxFP 4s. Maybe because their fear of conflict is even higher.
    Definitely I think the Peacemaker type (9) is far more diplomatic and emotionally unthreatening vs the more dramatic type (4), although INFPs tend to fall into either category. (in a parallel way, INTPs tend to fall into 5 and 9.)

The whole goal is 9 is balance, stability, and dampening harsh emotions in order to keep things uniform; 4 is about something else (i.e., finding the passion and unique individuality and bringing it out), almost to be noticed or at least appreciated or give a personal flair.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I think Jennifer's observations are well-expressed; it's more than just being warmer/softer ... for example, when I am around NT's in any workplace, I tend to form myself around that energy ... that's not softer or warmer, it's more analytical and chill. But when the dynamic becomes too narrow I guess I do work to broaden that; if things are negative I seek to inject positive, and too positive I tend to advocate caution.

It's more about attuning to the emotional tenor of the the place and smoothing that out. Finding a balance point.

I used to feel like I must be pretty "fake" to do this ... I questioned my tendency to adapt to others instead of having what I self-termed a more "concrete" personality. Now I understand this and myself better, so I don't worry about it anymore. I feel like it's pretty cool to be so attuned and flexible. BUT I have to be careful to not sublimate to others to "keep the peace" ... that area can still present a challenge to me.

And as an extra note - I have always admired people who never seem to change, no matter the circumstance ... I feel more like water, taking the shape of the vessel I'm in.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    How come when I take the instinctual variants test by itself I get a strong sp result, but when I take the enneagram test that has instinctual variants, I get Type 5 sx?
    It's very hard to separate the 5 enneagram from sp instincts, as they're very closely intertwined. I used to think I was Sp, but when I really thought about it, I discovered it was really just my 5 traits in action. I'm still looking in to how instincts manifest themselves [is it only socially?] but that's what I've discovered.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    It's very hard to separate the 5 enneagram from sp instincts, as they're very closely intertwined. I used to think I was Sp, but when I really thought about it, I discovered it was really just my 5 traits in action. I'm still looking in to how instincts manifest themselves [is it only socially?] but that's what I've discovered.
    Interesting . . .
    I wonder how well the combination tests separate out the sp from the type 5 traits and if it goes to the other extreme: i.e. attributing a preference to 5 only when it ought to be sp only or sp as well. I answered both tests in similar fashion at the same time, so the disparate "sx first" versus "sx last" stackings screamed "error!" to me.
    sx first seems wrong, tho.

I'm curious to see if there are people who get 5 sp in the combo test.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm curious to see if there are people who get 5 sp in the combo test.
    I did, on the one at the similar minds site.

edit: if there's a particular combo test you had in mind (to get a more controlled idea of accuracy) I for one would be game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    5: Seem to be almost exclusively introverts, INXX and ISTX, rarely ISFJ. I've never seen an ISFP 5. Also ENTP rarely. Most people who are 5's think that they are INTPs, hell a lot of 5's ARE INTPs. INFP 5's usually think that they are INTP or INTJ. ISTJ 5's may be confused on the S and N dichotomy, or may appear borderline on S/N. ISTPs seem to be 5w6s, hardly ever 5w4. The ISTs are more commonly 5w6, the INs are more commonly 5w4s.
    It’s not that I’ve actually wondered if I’m INTP, but I have often felt like some kind of MBTI trannie (INTP stuck in an INFJ psyche). I can usually relate to posts here by INTP women far more often than other INFJ women, and get along better irl with the INTPs I know than the INFJs (so much that it’s even kind of weird sometimes when my words come out sounding all INFJ-y). But yeah, it’s the 5 I’m relating to I think, not the INTP template per se.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I've noticed a lot of patterns in what types get mistyped, and how some MBTI-enneagram combos can make people get massively mistyped.

2: 2's honestly seem to be universally F types, especially __FJ. Sometimes E_FP, but rarely I_FP. I_FJ 2's can mistake themselves for E_FJs, especially if they aren't a social last. In fact, social last 2's are really really weird to think about, I don't think I've ever seen one or met one... hmm. Should check my enneagram videos. I need to get around to posting that on here.

I have to agree with you on this one. I am an INFJ (Type 2 with balanced wings), introverted but still love people. I identify a lot with ENFJ's, and yet when I compare myself to ENFJ's, I am much less socially savvy.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Great thread BlackCat.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||| 14%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||| 14%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 74%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||| 34%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 58%

I just took this to see what I'd get (this time) and this was my result. Is it possible since 5,7,8 is a triad that this is just a product of being well balanced? Depending on my mood I get each of these. I'm a definite sx/sp/so. I know that for sure.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Great thread BlackCat.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||| 14%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||| 14%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 74%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||| 34%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 58%

I just took this to see what I'd get (this time) and this was my result. Is it possible since 5,7,8 is a triad that this is just a product of being well balanced? Depending on my mood I get each of these. I'm a definite sx/sp/so. I know that for sure.
    What came to mind when I saw your score is:

1) You're actually Type 5, which integrates to 8 when they are healthy and disintegrates to 7 when they are under stress

2) You're a 7w8 who's feeling especially healthy

3) 8w7 under stress

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How come when I take the instinctual variants test by itself I get a strong sp result, but when I take the enneagram test that has instinctual variants, I get Type 5 sx?
    Sorry it took me a while to respond.

First off, could you put a link to this test so that we can take it to verify it's accuracy? I've gotten some really silly enneagram results on tests.

But personally when I take the similarminds tests, I get type 9 sx with the instinct + type test, and with just the instincts I get sx/sp with an almost non existent soc instinct.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

whaat? i just took an instinctual variant test and got sx/sp by a lot...that's not right is it... :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison