User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I did nothing of the sort! There's a bunch of INTP 9s. They're cool, funny, easygoing ones, where I'm the neurotic mess type of INTP.

I wonder why a 9 isfp could come across as istp or think of themselves that way. I am isfp 9w8 sp/sx, I thought it was maybe the 8 wing. I've never been mistyped by anyone, only myself.

Glycerine

No wonder, I got all confused. I'm 3w4 but I frequently turn to 5w4 and 9w1 in my tri-type. I was confused about S/N, E/I and heck I first typed myself as INTP. I am the biggest doormat of a 3 that will ever meet.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hey guys! I'm glad that you liked my thread. I haven't been able to access a computer until now, so I'm going to respond to some points now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What do you (or others) see as the distinctions between an INTJ 5w4 vs. 5w6; and similarly, an INTP 5w4 vs. 5w6? I consider myself 5w6, but my knowledge of enneagram is rather limited and other perspectives are helpful.
    Well for me 5w6 and 5w4 just have generally a different feel. Maybe this will help, from the type 5 thread-

5w4s tend to be more subjective than 5w6s. Their thinking process is less incremental and has more "illogical leaps". They search for that one angle of looking at things that magically makes everything make sense to them. They have a bias towards seeing underlying patterns that fit together aesthetically and elegantly as more real and therefore closer to the truth. They see a plethora of nonrandom things that just happen to line up towards a single conclusion as evidence of some "higher meaning" to support their conclusion, or even an indication of fate. Such a lining up of tells amidst random chaos couldn't be chance or random. There must be something there that isn't obvious but no less significant if not more so. This makes 5w4s more likely to see things that aren't there than miss things that are there. They tend to have occultic and esoteric areas of interest.
    5w6s tend to have more sequential and incremental streams of consciousness and lack the "illogical leaps" of 5w4s. There is a process of gradual solidification to their reasoning that makes them natural synthesizers of what they take into account. They tend to have a "one thing progresses to another" way of coming to a conclusion that's generally more precise and easier to follow. They have bias against solutions arrived at primarily aesthetically for not being objective enough. They prefer a thinking process that is more "valid" and can withstand more scrutiny. They are more likely to see a bunch of things that cluster as "coincidental" and not an indication of some higher meaning that they can't explain, unless they can tie things in the cluster together in some way. They tend to not believe in fate. Much of life is random and they accept that. They are more likely to miss things that are there than see things that aren't there like their 5w4s siblings. They tend to be more methodical and analytical and gravitate to more structured intellectual areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay View Post
    8w9s are calmer, not "nicer". Think Darth Vader.
    Yes, that's a very good distinction. I couldn't think of a better word.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I wonder why a 9 isfp could come across as istp or think of themselves that way. I am isfp 9w8 sp/sx, I thought it was maybe the 8 wing. I've never been mistyped by anyone, only myself.
    Well, by definition 9's are detached from their instincts (to keep the peace and calm), and are equally strong in Thinking and Feeling (enneagram wise).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Hey BlackCat... since you are back, wanted to bump this and get your opinion/input...

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I am an ENFP and I really struggled to find something I identified with in Enneagram. Eventually when I started looking at the descriptions with the wings, 9w8 was the only thing that seemed to really fit for me. Just reading 9 by itself didn't seem to work at all.

So I think I'm ENFP 9w8 but I am really not sure.

Does this seem like a contradictory combination or is it pretty likely? The more I think about it the less confident I get.

Also I have moments where I wonder if I'm ENTP but I really feel pretty confident in ENFP.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Hey BlackCat... since you are back, wanted to bump this and get your opinion/input...
    I think that ENFP 9w8 fits you. Sorry, I meant to respond to you there.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I think that ENFP 9w8 fits you. Sorry, I meant to respond to you there.
    Thanks.

What you posted earlier about 9s being equally strong with thinking vs feeling seems to fit with what I think about myself too. When I have to pick on test or something, I prefer the F options, but really I think in practice I can use either very well as required by the situation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    The stereotypical I_FPs are 4's, and I_FP 9's can seem to be I_TP from the untrained eye.

I think IxFP 9s come across as warmer/softer than IxFP 4s. Maybe because their fear of conflict is even higher.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I did nothing of the sort! There's a bunch of INTP 9s. They're cool, funny, easygoing ones, where I'm the neurotic mess type of INTP.
    I had an INTP 9 bf...... OR....he might have been an ISFP 9 boyfriend whom I mistook for a I_TP because of his nineness...? I am confused now and reconsidering this.....

MBTI
    intp

How come when I take the instinctual variants test by itself I get a strong sp result, but when I take the enneagram test that has instinctual variants, I get Type 5 sx?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery