• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can't figure out my enneagram tri-type for the life of me

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
So, I am ENTP 7w8. At least I am fairly confident on the 7w8 part.

Now, some people would argue that I show a lot of e5. Actually a big thing was figuring out between 5 and 7.

Most people when they type me have a hard time applying a tri-type that fits the rules. It seems I am dominated by the head. A good friend of mine would suggest I am 7w8-5w4-2w3, thus with no gut. Whereas my mother would like to say I have no heart, pun definitely intended. Heh. She types me as 7w8-5w?-8w?

Most people would say (and I would tend to heavily agree) that I don't have much 6 at all. I would heavily stray away from saying I am a 1 as well....my ethics leave much to be desired. And as for 2...not the most empathetic tool in the shed. I am definitely not a reserved and melancholy 4. Out of the heart triad, I relate most to a 3. People say I can be very methodical about controlling my image. In most public situations I think I come across as a jolly -ol 7. Intellectual friends definitely see my 5 coming out. And when I really love you, I can be a tyrannical 8 despot. I also have been known to be incredibly laid-back and react to set-backs or confrontations like water off a duck...9?

My question is, how can this play into assessing my tri-type accurately? I am clearly mistyping/ being mistyped somewhere. But where? What interactions can be at work here that could lead to such horrendous errors?

Please help.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey-

First off, the general vibe I get from you is 7w8-9w8-?w? (heart type is really unclear). I'm a heart triad last as well... I had a hard time finding my heart type. I only got it from a lot of introspection and reading. :D

To clarify, in the enneagram most practicioners have found that everyone has a head, heart, and instinct type in their triad in some way. That's how I do tri type as well.

As for the 5 part... I think that people are just seeing the Ti in you. Also, 7's integrate into type 5; so that might be where people see that as well.

Out of the heart triad, I relate most to a 3. People say I can be very methodical about controlling my image.

You're probably a 7w8-9w8-3w4 then.

And when I really love you, I can be a tyrannical 8 despot.

Probably just the wing coming through? I really don't get a dominant 8 feeling from you. You seem too carefree for that. :D 7's and 9's ignore problems in the same way; 7's think that they are no big deal (like they are a challenge to be conquered) and 9's act like they aren't problems at all or that they don't exist.

I think that you are perceived as "not having a heart" etc because of the 3 in your triad. 3's are by definition detached from their feelings. They ignore them and see them as a problem when they come up; a problem that prevents them from looking the way that they want to look.

How does that sound? Does that help?

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Thanks BlackCat, that definitely helped a lot. I was discussing it in depth the other day, and came to the conclusion I was most probably a 3w4 somewhere. Also, 9w8 or 8w9 makes a lot of sense. I am pretty laid-back and carefree. Indeed, it might just be the Ne >Ti thing coming out that makes ppl think I am a 5. The only thing that I have with 9w8 is that I don't think I am very "passive". I am "calm" but I don't ignore problems or let people walk over me. I consider myself mailable - adjusting to whatever comes my way...indeed as you would say - problems are no big deal. However, if they become a big deal, I tend to confront them. I can most assuredly stand up for myself. Again though, this might just be the ENTP in me. Heh. Kinda strong in that.

Thanks again though. I definitely see how 3w4 and even 9w8 can fit into my type. And thanks for the perspective on analysing it!

Magia

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Question

Can anyone explain how this triad differs from the connection with your stress and integration points?

I would naturally expect my triad to feature my stress and integration points. I'm 8w9 so would expect 2 and 5 to feature. Am I getting really confused here?