• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Matching enneatypes with movies

Lotr246

Type One:
Gandhi
To Kill a Mockingbird
12 Angry Men

Type Two:
Mrs. Doubtfire

Type Three:
Pride and Prejudice?

Type Four:
Edward Scissorhands

Type Five:
Pi
A Beautiful Mind
Proof
Donnie Darko
The Matrix
The Game
Synecdoche, NY
A Serious Man

Type Six:
Annie Hall

Type Seven:
Forrest Gump
Patch Adams
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Type Eight:
Goodfellas

Type Nine:
The Neverending Story
It's a Wonderful Life
American Beauty
Pan's Labyrinth

Add your own (w/ wings too) based on the overall sense/feel of the movie.

Last edited:

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type Four:
It's a Wonderful Life
Pan's Labyrinth
A Single Man
Edward Scissorhands is the type Four movie.

Type Nine:
?
The Neverending Story, I'd say.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The main charachters of It's a wonderful Life and American Beauty are 9 so we should better associate theses film with that enneatype.

And I'am totally agree with 300 for the 8 and Annie Hall for the 6, ha ha.:cheese:

Lotr246

The main charachters of It's a wonderful Life and American Beauty are 9 so we should better associate theses film with that enneatype.

And I'am totally agree with 300 for the 8 and Annie Hall for the 6, ha ha.:cheese:

Yes, they're 9s, but I think the tone/theme of those two is rather 4..search for beauty, meaning in unexpected places (i.e. paper bag scene in AB), and George is longing for something better throughout IWL only to discover that really what he has is best--that endless longing is a 4 trait. Maybe we should try to decide what is it that makes a movie a certain type. I'm judging on overall feeling/theme not just based on the main character's type, but that does play a large role in determining the type of the movie

VagrantFarce

Type Five

TheGame_poster323.jpg

synecdoche-new-york-poster.jpg

a-serious-man-poster.jpg

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Would Taxi Driver be type one?

Lotr246

Here's a great resource. It helped me understand the types a lot more w/ great examples: STORY GENRES AND ENNEAGRAM TYPES

From this,then, I'd say you're right. It's probably the reason I had a hard time coming up w/ Nine types b/c I associated them w/ 4's. Pan's Labyrinth/Labyrinth also fit that category. So, besides Edward Scissorhands, any suggestions for the Four?

How about The Hours, esp. w/ Virginia Woolf?
I'm still on the fence w/ American Beauty, but put in Nine.