12 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Default My enneagram type:

I've been reviewing Enneagram types recently, and I'm really not sure of mine. I think I'm either a 5 or a 7, and the descriptions of both fit me to a certain extent, but I'm really not sure which. How can I tell?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You're definitely a 7 (if the other choice is 5). 5 is the most introverted E-type, your above 80 score on the E-I axis renders this choice unavailable.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Seven seems likely if you are very extroverted, but it's not completely unheard of to have a somewhat extroverted Five. The types are so different though, it's unusual to relate equally to both. Sevens are instinctual types, acting with their gut, very spontaneous. Fives are thinking types- they stay in their heads more, and things are done only after thinking through. That may help you figure it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AllPersonality.com blog
    INFJ 3w4 sp

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Yup, as the above posts said, seven is more likely.

Although Fives do not tend to mistype as Seven, some Sevens do initially mistype as Five. Sevens and Fives are both thinking types who generally enjoy a wide range of intellectual and cultural activities. Both types can be idiosyncratic and counter-cultural, and Fives can become scattered and lose focus like Sevens. Nevertheless, Fives tend to be far more focused on their individual intellectual activities than are Sevens. In addition, Sevens are extroverts whereas Fives are true introverts, often pursuing a line of thought until they take it to the very end, unlike Sevens who tend to move on when the intellectual work becomes too immersed in detail. Sevens frequently underestimate the extent of their extroversion, giving them the sense that they are more Five-like than they actually are. Because they sometimes enjoy their time alone, they reason, they could not truly be extroverts. The overall pattern of the Seven's life, however, ought to reveal the pattern of seeking distraction by way of engaging others. The Five's life should reveal a pronounced pattern of withdrawing under stress.

source

Thought I was a 5 for a while cause the extroversion of 7 didn't ring true but I just don't have the focus that they have, that and I live for fun.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Yup, as the above posts said, seven is more likely.

Although Fives do not tend to mistype as Seven, some Sevens do initially mistype as Five. Sevens and Fives are both thinking types who generally enjoy a wide range of intellectual and cultural activities. Both types can be idiosyncratic and counter-cultural, and Fives can become scattered and lose focus like Sevens. Nevertheless, Fives tend to be far more focused on their individual intellectual activities than are Sevens. In addition, Sevens are extroverts whereas Fives are true introverts, often pursuing a line of thought until they take it to the very end, unlike Sevens who tend to move on when the intellectual work becomes too immersed in detail. Sevens frequently underestimate the extent of their extroversion, giving them the sense that they are more Five-like than they actually are. Because they sometimes enjoy their time alone, they reason, they could not truly be extroverts. The overall pattern of the Seven's life, however, ought to reveal the pattern of seeking distraction by way of engaging others. The Five's life should reveal a pronounced pattern of withdrawing under stress.

source

Thought I was a 5 for a while cause the extroversion of 7 didn't ring true but I just don't have the focus that they have, that and I live for fun.
    okay...so you have that sense of not being extraverted enough to be a 7 too...yeah...so does it feel like all your energy is located in your head? like i feel like my brain is kinda hyper but i'm not physically hyper....does that make sense?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    okay...so you have that sense of not being extraverted enough to be a 7 too...yeah...so does it feel like all your energy is located in your head? like i feel like my brain is kinda hyper but i'm not physically hyper....does that make sense?
    Completely, I can feel like I'm almost jumping out of my skin with excitement at times (over small things, not just big, hell over nothing sometimes) but outwardly people often don't know, I'm pretty contained and don't let myself go much of the time. I just don't feel the need to.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oooh...so we have the demeanor of a nine with the mental energy of a 7...maybe? except i guess my face gets pretty bright and excited but i don't jump around and squeal or anything and i'm not all bouncy like robin williams.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oooh...so we have the demeanor of a nine with the mental energy of a 7...maybe? except i guess my face gets pretty bright and excited but i don't jump around and squeal or anything and i'm not all bouncy like robin williams.
    My demeanour is prolly a tad 5-ish, disconnected and even, not sure. I laugh a lot, I just don't bounce often.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just don't bounce often.
    yeah me either...unless i'm dancin
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Rena View Post
    Seven seems likely if you are very extroverted, but it's not completely unheard of to have a somewhat extroverted Five. The types are so different though, it's unusual to relate equally to both. Sevens are instinctual types, acting with their gut, very spontaneous. Fives are thinking types- they stay in their heads more, and things are done only after thinking through. That may help you figure it out.
    No...7s are thinking types, just like 5s. Their mental energy is directed towards their outside word (generating alternatives, connections and possibilities), thus they're more likely to act on impulse - however, it'll be different from "gut feeling", since there's always some type of rationalization (sometimes ex-post rationalization, I must admit).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp