• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Duals

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do they exist, or do the types just all get along in different ways?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting...would it be your point of ascension i wonder?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
interesting...would it be your point of ascension i wonder?

Problem with that is that only fives can like fives :alttongue:

I've heard that fours and sevens get along very well, which is interesting, because I wouldn't have picked it... hmmm

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And it wouldn't be mutual either I guess, because one person's ascention is the other person's stress...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also, if you sign up to Enneagram Institute it details what one could expect each type to bring to a relationship with another enneagram type, as well as potential trouble spots or issues.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i don't like these.

in my experience, i do like other 5w4 types. but my favorite type is 7w6. other 5w4s are energized in the same way as me, so we can find enthusiasm the way we 5w4s find it. but 7w6s are so fucking energizing in all ways for us 5w4 cellar dwellers. they make us have fun. they make us want to stir shit up and finally fucking DO something!

i also like 9w1 for their desire to make the world better. they seem so idealistic to me, so committed to improving the world. and 4w5s who are more personally inspiring and who have so much to teach me about the quest for self-knowledge and personal truth/finding one's place in a meaningful way.

i'm not sure yet but i think i probably like 1w2s quite a bit as well. they're like free instant coffee for everyone around them.

i think i live a somewhat sheltered life and appreciate these types partly bc of what they want to make out of their lives, selves, work, idea(l)s, etc. their projects, philosophies, and life aesthetics generally have a high level of relevancy for me.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i don't like these.

in my experience, i do like other 5w4 types. but my favorite type is 7w6. other 5w4s are energized in the same way as me, so we can find enthusiasm the way we 5w4s find it. but 7w6s are so fucking energizing in all ways for us 5w4 cellar dwellers. they make us have fun. they make us want to stir shit up and finally fucking DO something!

A snippet from Enneagram Institute, if this is more what you're looking for:

Enneagram Type Five (the Investigator)
with
Enneagram Type Seven (the Enthusiast)

What Each Type Brings to the Relationship
Since they are both thinking types, Enneagram Fives and Sevens both bring a lot of mental energy and appreciation for ideas to their relationship. Their approach is complementary and reciprocal—each one brings something that the other does not have. On the positive side, Fives bring depth, clarity of observation, insight into the objective state of affairs, independence and self-reliance, and often a wonderfully, off-beat, whimsical sense of humor. It almost goes without saying that they have quick minds and love knowledge and intellectual pursuits. Sevens bring quickness not only of mind but of spirit—ready to do almost anything at a moment's notice, from going to a movie to booking an around the world trip, from moving the furniture across the room to moving the home to another state. Sevens are independent, although they like to have a few people around to join in the fun and to add to the celebratory, happy feeling that they are always looking for in their lives. They tend to be generous and extravagant, optimistic, gregarious, and outgoing with strangers, often the life of the party.

Chloe

H. Palmer said in book that most common (and functional) couple for Threes are Fives. Well, after having short and traumatic relationship with Five I really doubt that, it should be some extra healthy Five maybe. or my guy was super unhealthy. hm,. he didnt look super unhelthy just average 5.
anyway, i used to think being 3 is not so good but after seeing him i was greatful i'm 3. yes.

after fight he would retreat and have "zero output" attitude for a week, and when I was "okay, did you finally get your retreat time and can you say anything now what happened?" he was "You aren't giving me time, space" i was "but it's been a fucking week" - gosh!!! and he would refuse to give ANY info once he was so stressed, ANY.
even he said he doesnt know what's up with him and that he's really shocked by his behaviour and that he obviously isnt mature for relationship.