User Tag List

Thread: Enneagram Duals

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Default Enneagram Duals

Do they exist, or do the types just all get along in different ways?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

interesting...would it be your point of ascension i wonder?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    interesting...would it be your point of ascension i wonder?
    Problem with that is that only fives can like fives

I've heard that fours and sevens get along very well, which is interesting, because I wouldn't have picked it... hmmm
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

And it wouldn't be mutual either I guess, because one person's ascention is the other person's stress...
    5 3 9

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Also, if you sign up to Enneagram Institute it details what one could expect each type to bring to a relationship with another enneagram type, as well as potential trouble spots or issues.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    i don't like these.

in my experience, i do like other 5w4 types. but my favorite type is 7w6. other 5w4s are energized in the same way as me, so we can find enthusiasm the way we 5w4s find it. but 7w6s are so fucking energizing in all ways for us 5w4 cellar dwellers. they make us have fun. they make us want to stir shit up and finally fucking DO something!

i also like 9w1 for their desire to make the world better. they seem so idealistic to me, so committed to improving the world. and 4w5s who are more personally inspiring and who have so much to teach me about the quest for self-knowledge and personal truth/finding one's place in a meaningful way.

i'm not sure yet but i think i probably like 1w2s quite a bit as well. they're like free instant coffee for everyone around them.

i think i live a somewhat sheltered life and appreciate these types partly bc of what they want to make out of their lives, selves, work, idea(l)s, etc. their projects, philosophies, and life aesthetics generally have a high level of relevancy for me.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i don't like these.

in my experience, i do like other 5w4 types. but my favorite type is 7w6. other 5w4s are energized in the same way as me, so we can find enthusiasm the way we 5w4s find it. but 7w6s are so fucking energizing in all ways for us 5w4 cellar dwellers. they make us have fun. they make us want to stir shit up and finally fucking DO something!
    A snippet from Enneagram Institute, if this is more what you're looking for:

Enneagram Type Five (the Investigator)
    with
    Enneagram Type Seven (the Enthusiast)

What Each Type Brings to the Relationship
    Since they are both thinking types, Enneagram Fives and Sevens both bring a lot of mental energy and appreciation for ideas to their relationship. Their approach is complementary and reciprocal—each one brings something that the other does not have. On the positive side, Fives bring depth, clarity of observation, insight into the objective state of affairs, independence and self-reliance, and often a wonderfully, off-beat, whimsical sense of humor. It almost goes without saying that they have quick minds and love knowledge and intellectual pursuits. Sevens bring quickness not only of mind but of spirit—ready to do almost anything at a moment's notice, from going to a movie to booking an around the world trip, from moving the furniture across the room to moving the home to another state. Sevens are independent, although they like to have a few people around to join in the fun and to add to the celebratory, happy feeling that they are always looking for in their lives. They tend to be generous and extravagant, optimistic, gregarious, and outgoing with strangers, often the life of the party.

H. Palmer said in book that most common (and functional) couple for Threes are Fives. Well, after having short and traumatic relationship with Five I really doubt that, it should be some extra healthy Five maybe. or my guy was super unhealthy. hm,. he didnt look super unhelthy just average 5.
    anyway, i used to think being 3 is not so good but after seeing him i was greatful i'm 3. yes.

after fight he would retreat and have "zero output" attitude for a week, and when I was "okay, did you finally get your retreat time and can you say anything now what happened?" he was "You aren't giving me time, space" i was "but it's been a fucking week" - gosh!!! and he would refuse to give ANY info once he was so stressed, ANY.
    even he said he doesnt know what's up with him and that he's really shocked by his behaviour and that he obviously isnt mature for relationship.