• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Your enneagram type

My Enneagram type is:

• Total voters

redacted

Frankly, even though I voted for 5w4, I am actually not entirely sure whether I am a w4 or a w6. I once took a rather long enneagram test stating that my wings were, for the most part, balanced, yet I did still display a preference for w4. I know this has been discussed, but are there any fool-proof ways to figure out one's enneagram wing? Any precise ways to distinguish them?

well nothing's foolproof but you should just read about type 4 and type 6 and see which one you relate to more.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I took the provided instinctual variant test and got 1w9, but I'm kind of drunk so I don't know if that's right.

edit:
Ones are often intelligent and independent and can easily mistake themselves for Fives, but unlike Fives, Ones are primarily people of action, not thought. Ones tend to worry and are prone to anxiety and can sometimes mistype as Sixes, but they are far less affiliative than Sixes and their standards are not reached by seeking consensus with a group. Finally, the relentless pursuit of perfection can take its toll and lead to depression. At such times, a One can mistype as a Four. But Fours have a tendency towards self-indulgence whereas Ones are self-denying. Fours are emotionally expressive; Ones are emotionally constrained.
this sounds like it could be...

Ones have a fine eye for detail. They are always aware of the flaws in themselves, others and the situations in which they find themselves. This triggers their need to improve, which can be beneficial for all concerned, but which can also prove to be burdensome to both the One and those who are on the receiving end of the One's reform efforts.

The One's inability to achieve the perfection they desire feeds their feelings of guilt for having fallen short, and fuels their incipient anger against an imperfect world. Ones, however, tend to feel guilty about their anger. Anger is a "bad" emotion, and Ones strive sincerely and wholeheartedly to be "good." Anger is therefore vigorously repressed from consciousness, bursting forth in occasional fits of temper, but usually manifesting in one of its many less obvious permutations - impatience, frustration, annoyance and judgmental criticality. For this reason, Ones can be difficult to live with, but, on the high side, they tend to be loyal, responsible and capable partners and friends.
this too, I'm really self-critical

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
this sounds like it could be...
Fat chance for a One, between biographical admissions and your own behavior on the two forums. Described, sometimes personally, as aloof and casual, you correspond much more with a Five; though perhaps, now that I think about it, even a taciturn Four.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A few months ago I browsed through an Enneagram book in the bookstore and *really* related to type 4. It spoke to me like mbti rarely has.

If I have to pick a wing, I suppose it would be 4w5, since earlier in my life I was much more into analysis/theory stuff. I'm just not drawn to it anymore so doubt 4w5 is the best fit these days.

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
I seem to most closely resemble a 4. 9 comes up a good amount too, but lately I'm thinking 4.

If the 4 has a wing it's a very, very slight 4w3. But the numbers are usually even to either side (and often a dramtic drop-off from the 4 score) so I'm inclined to think I present as more a wingless 4.

If my enneagram is in fact 9 it would be a fairly strong 9w1 based on the results when I test this way.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These results are even more lop-sided than the MBTI ones.
Eighteen types and more than a third of the posters are only one of them...

I feel pretty lonely again. :huh:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
These results are even more lop-sided than the MBTI ones.
Eighteen types and more than a third of the posters are only one of them...

I feel pretty lonely again. :huh:
If it makes you feel any better, there was another poll that showed the majority of people who come here were INxx types.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have to change my results to a Type 1.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm down for 8w9, but I either have balanced wings or am a moderately expressed 8w7.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I took this test. I identified with the description, and other ones I found around.

What I loved about this test, is it gives you only 2 options, it's not "not at all" 0 1 2 3 4 5 "very much so", which I've always had a hard time answering. The answer to this test just pops out at you.

MerkW

Even though I put down 5w4 in the poll, I think I might actually be a 5w6.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took this test. I identified with the description, and other ones I found around.

What I loved about this test, is it gives you only 2 options, it's not "not at all" 0 1 2 3 4 5 "very much so", which I've always had a hard time answering. The answer to this test just pops out at you.

Dana, I really liked this test, and agree the answers did just pop out (I was only wishy-washy on one or two, which is rare when it comes to these sorts of tests!). I ended up with Type 4w5 (I've always thought 4 was right, but have never been too sure on the wings).

Here's mine:
The following numerical scores are calculated from your answers to the Sampler questionnaire. The highest score in any type is 8.

Type 3 - 3
Type 4 - 8
Type 5 - 5

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Ugh I just took it again and I got 4w5.

Ah well. I'm a 4, that's what I know for sure.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm 9W8 and very happy to know my type. :D

I'll have to change my mind again after reading the descriptions.
I'm rather 7W6. :blush:

Last edited: