User Tag List

View Poll Results: My Enneagram type is:

Voters
872. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1w9

    31 3.56%
  • 1w2

    23 2.64%
  • 2w1

    15 1.72%
  • 2w3

    20 2.29%
  • 3w2

    14 1.61%
  • 3w4

    23 2.64%
  • 4w3

    41 4.70%
  • 4w5

    158 18.12%
  • 5w4

    152 17.43%
  • 5w6

    89 10.21%
  • 6w5

    53 6.08%
  • 6w7

    21 2.41%
  • 7w6

    32 3.67%
  • 7w8

    51 5.85%
  • 8w7

    35 4.01%
  • 8w9

    14 1.61%
  • 9w8

    32 3.67%
  • 9w1

    68 7.80%
Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 524

Thread: Your enneagram type

  1. #301
    Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    6w5, as far as I know.

  2. #302
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Anybody care to interpret what the wing results mean? I am consistently getting:

    Type 1 - 12.7
    Type 8 - 7.7
    Type 5 - 7.7
    Type 9 - 4.7
    Type 2 - 3

    Wing 1w9 - 15.1
    Wing 1w2 - 14.2
    Wing 9w1 - 11.1
    Wing 8w7 - 10.2
    Wing 8w9 - 10.1
    Wing 2w1 - 9.4
    Wing 5w6 - 9.1
    Wing 9w8 - 8.6
    Wing 5w4 - 8.6
    Wing 2w3 - 5.9


    If this is the wrong thread please move or delete my post.

  3. #303
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Anybody care to interpret what the wing results mean? I am consistently getting:

    Type 1 - 12.7
    Type 8 - 7.7
    Type 5 - 7.7
    Type 9 - 4.7
    Type 2 - 3

    Wing 1w9 - 15.1
    Wing 1w2 - 14.2
    Wing 9w1 - 11.1
    Wing 8w7 - 10.2
    Wing 8w9 - 10.1
    Wing 2w1 - 9.4
    Wing 5w6 - 9.1
    Wing 9w8 - 8.6
    Wing 5w4 - 8.6
    Wing 2w3 - 5.9


    If this is the wrong thread please move or delete my post.
    You're interestingly a 1w9 which is a very common enneagram for ISTJ. However, you could be an INTJ who seems ISTJ-ish because of your enneagram, just as I know an ISTJ who has EXTREMELY WELL DEVELOPED Fi...and it's partly because (or seems that way because) he's a 9w1, which is a more common type for IxFx.

    Your high score on Rationalist would suggest INTJ, but you still may want to look more into the Ni vs. Si type descriptions and/or read about Keirsey Rationals versus Guardians.

  4. #304
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You're interestingly a 1w9 which is a very common enneagram for ISTJ. However, you could be an INTJ who seems ISTJ-ish because of your enneagram, just as I know an ISTJ who has EXTREMELY WELL DEVELOPED Fi...and it's partly because (or seems that way because) he's a 9w1, which is a more common type for IxFx.

    Your high score on Rationalist would suggest INTJ, but you still may want to look more into the Ni vs. Si type descriptions and/or read about Keirsey Rationals versus Guardians.
    Thank you for looking at this. I am more than happy with leaving an x classification for I don't fully fit one category or perhaps I should say exclusively. The downside is I can not enter either the ISTJ or INTJ private forums with that type. I do notice that the 1 8 and 5 enneagram identify with me in many areas (not just positive ones), and they are the only 3 results I ever get. I will read about Rationals vs. Guardians.
    I have also been intrigued by the fact that when with my children my behavior toward them is a very different personality type. Not so much with my wife... she is old enough to know better - insert smiley face.

  5. #305
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Thank you for looking at this. I am more than happy with leaving an x classification for I don't fully fit one category or perhaps I should say exclusively. The downside is I can not enter either the ISTJ or INTJ private forums with that type. I do notice that the 1 8 and 5 enneagram identify with me in many areas (not just positive ones), and they are the only 3 results I ever get. I will read about Rationals vs. Guardians.
    I have also been intrigued by the fact that when with my children my behavior toward them is a very different personality type. Not so much with my wife... she is old enough to know better - insert smiley face.
    It can be difficult to tell in some people because IxTJs share similar qualities because of the aux Te and Tert Fi. There's the inner emo flame that they protect behind a Te wall, and ISTJs can even have a similar sarcastic, dark sense of humor that INTJs are often stereotyped as having. Though in my experience (this is going to sound super bad) INTJs seem more likely to be truly egomaniacal or they are darker when unhealthy*...while ISTJ probably still cares about his community, or at least puts on "the nice face" even if he doesn't especially like people on the inside. Then again, some INTJs also learn a certain functional politeness as they age, but I think ISTJs grasp it younger because of being more present in the physical world.

    The ISTJ I am closest to actually shares many qualities attributed to INTJs, which is one of the reasons I knew he was ISTJ not ISFJ...but he's DEFINTELY an S. He was most certain of ISJ, while you're most certain of ITJ.

    Would you say you care more strongly about external order and a sense of duty to regulating your environment in some way, or do you care more about mostly relegating this need for organization to theoretical concepts while priding yourself at being able to look at a singular idea or object from varying perspectives?

    *Please don't take offense to this. Usually INTJs seem to be proud of that quality on some level.

  6. #306
    Senior Member Array Mae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp
    Posts
    386

    Default

    I get e 5 on tests and this particular test pegged me as a 5w6 sp.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

  7. #307
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It can be difficult to tell in some people because IxTJs share similar qualities because of the aux Te and Tert Fi. There's the inner emo flame that they protect behind a Te wall, and ISTJs can even have a similar sarcastic, dark sense of humor that INTJs are often stereotyped as having. Though in my experience (this is going to sound super bad) INTJs seem more likely to be truly egomaniacal or they are darker when unhealthy...while ISTJ probably still cares about his community, or at least puts on "the nice face" even if he doesn't especially like people on the inside. Then again, some INTJs also learn a certain functional politeness as they age, but I think ISTJs grasp it younger because of being more present in the physical world.

    Sounds like I was very INTJ as a young man - in the darker, more unhealthy, deeply scornful of people way. My experiences and my faith have helped me away from that and closer to the ISTJ - don't have to like them but serve and protect them anyway line.

    The ISTJ I am closest to actually shares many qualities attributed to INTJs, which is one of the reasons I knew he was ISTJ not ISFJ...but he's DEFINTELY an S. He was most certain of ISJ, while you're most certain of ITJ.

    Would you say you care more strongly about external order and a sense of duty to regulating your environment in some way, or do you care more about mostly relegating this need for organization to theoretical concepts while priding yourself at being able to look at a singular idea or object from varying perspectives?
    Well if by external order you mean putting all of my things in their place, arranging my bookshelves topically (or alpha by topic), evenly spaced clothes hangers, etc. and duty to the selfless protection of the clueless masses from the dangers they don't see, then yes. However, most of this stems from the fact that I have taken every idea, concern, thought, forethought, etc. and studied them from every aspect I can imagine and then secretly present those ideas to other personality types to see if I can glean new knowledge or insight from the interaction before applying them experimentally to the real world, then yes. So people often think I am full of myself or condescending because when I voice my opinion I expect folks to think about it and agree, I guess they don't realize I start working on the idea long before it becomes a topic of discussion.

    Sorry if this seems disjointed, I find it difficult to follow a thought with such a small quick reply window.
    Last edited by earthtrekker1775; 09-11-2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: spelling

  8. #308
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mae View Post
    I get e 5 on tests and this particular test pegged me as a 5w6 sp.
    I can see that, from what you choose to reveal about yourself on the forum. I didn't like my instinctual score on that test, and treat that part of it with a grain of salt. Ocean-moonshine.net has Instinctual descriptions, not tests, and they are very extremely awesome. Don't you seem to yourself a little more on the Sx side?
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

  9. #309
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Well if by external order you mean putting all of my things in their place, arranging my bookshelves topically (or alpha by topic), evenly spaced clothes hangers, etc. and duty to the selfless protection of the clueless masses from the dangers they don't see, then yes. However, most of this stems from the fact that I have taken every idea, concern, thought, forethought, etc. and studied them from every aspect I can imagine and then secretly present those ideas to other personality types to see if I can glean new knowledge or insight from the interaction before applying them experimentally to the real world, then yes. So people often think I am full of myself or condescending because when I voice my opinion I expect folks to think about it and agree, I guess they don't realize I start working on the idea long before it becomes a topic of discussion.

    Sorry if this seems disjointed, I find it difficult to follow a thought with such a small quick reply window.
    Re red: ISTJs can be deeply scornful of people but still...have concerns...like "the community should be this way." We need order. Let me fix this. Let me save the underdog. There is a proper and "right" way for this to be...even if they are more negative or unhealthy, the ISTJ can have this underlying contempt that they might express privately with friends or release through trolling madly on the Internet, or even just quietly keep to themselves with solemn stern look on their faces, but for some reason in most of them it never completely overrides their sense of duty to the people they actually value or are loyal to, and their commitment to their ideals of the way things should be, or the way it is respectful to behave in certain scenarios, or whatever.

    ISTJs can also be cautious about forming strong opinions. They tend to research stuff madly, collecting facts in depth about a particular subject (or subjects) that interests them, and want to reference back to these facts rather than speculating too much, while the INTJ may theorize more or attempt to dissect "the underlying meaning."

    I've found some ISTJs and INTJs to be equally condescending in their carefully formed opinion, lol.

    Honestly, I'm not certain which you are because you seem like a mix of both. I honestly want to lean toward ISTJ, but that could be wrong, simply because you're speaking of your "selfless protection of the clueless masses from the dangers they don't see."

    Like I said, if you have time, read Si and Ni, and study the different temperaments. Good luck with finding your type.

  10. #310
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    ...sarcastic, dark sense of humor that INTJs are often stereotyped as having. Though in my experience (this is going to sound super bad) INTJs seem more likely to be truly egomaniacal or they are darker when unhealthy*...
    *Please don't take offense to this. Usually INTJs seem to be proud of that quality on some level.
    M. Dearest. I just noticed this bit. Two things, 1 - you should never use blanket apologies, they make people seem indecisive and weak, you appear to be neither. 2 - I take very little offense at anything, especially on the internet, hurt feelings would make me seem indecisive and weak, I try to appear to be neither.

    Seems I am just "a beautiful or unique snowflake" ...shudder.

Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFJ] ISFJs, what's your Enneagram type?
    By NewEra in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-19-2016, 09:30 PM
  2. [Enne] INFJs: what's your enneagram type?
    By Evan in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 04:48 PM
  3. [ISTJ] My fellow ISTJs - What's your enneagram type?
    By NewEra in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 11:03 AM
  4. What's your ENNEAGRAM Type and Variant?
    By sakuraba in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 11:13 PM
  5. [NF] NF's your enneagram type
    By animenagai in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 05:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •