• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Your enneagram type

My Enneagram type is:

• Total voters

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
You are most likely a type 7 (the Enthusiast) with 8 wing
Sexual variant
Type 7 SX
Type 3 SX
Type 8 SO
Type 2 SX
Type 9 SX
Type 1 SX
Type 6 SX
Type 5 SX
Type 4 SX

I'm quite new to enneagram and just took the test again. So a couple people told me recently that I'm not very expressive with my face (I tend to have a stoic look even in conversation) but I'm 'enthusiastic' in my words (speech or writing). I was wondering if my lackluster facial expressions may have compromised the 7 typing. It doesn't seem so but perhaps other factors such as cultural background could tend to make men more stoic in physical expression instead of 'zippy' and 'bubbly.' Really interesting stuff tho.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Watching 7 videos makes me think I am not a 7. Because I am not always 'happy' and fun loving. :huh:

Can some one please link me the best test?

PSTypes Enneagram Test Results

The Distribution of Your Scores

Type One: 15
Type Two: 28
Type Three: 22
Type Four: 35
Type Five: 53
Type Six: 19
Type Seven: 15
Type Eight: 28
Type Nine: 27
Your probable Enneagram Type

Your main type is 5.
Considering the wings you should be a 5w4.

This makes my triptype

5w4 4w5 8w9

:shock:

In the videos I identify more with a 4 I think.....maybe I tested wrong.

Either way it looks like 458 or 548:

*Darkest tritype-458, 854, 584 (particularly when 4 or 5 are in charge)

This is the the most intense type, particularly if sexual. Intuitive, knowledgeable and direct. This is the type that really craves knowing what makes people tick and builds what she calls mental or internal maps that are quite astute as to what makes people do what they do. This tends to be the darkest of the tritypes because of the intensity of the 3 types (particularly if 4 or 5 is in charge). David said there is a propensity toward the grotesque, anatomical or intensely esoteric. This is the "true scholar" and the life mission is to disseminate what information is found. The blind spot is this has 3 types that can be prone to arrogance and the attachment to the internal map of what they've found can make them blind to new information as it comes in. So there will be a tendency to become fixed in their worldview or ideas particularly about people and not take in new information. So while the map is quite extraordinary that they've painted they may miss a whole region and thus not have the full picture. This is also the most cynical and the tendency to be so overly opinionated can make people turn off to their wisdom. She said when 8 is in charge there is a bit more compassion, and with an integrated 5 or 4 in charge you get a gifted spiritual teacher (Russ Hudson for example)

An intensely original archetype with a passion to explore and to find the hidden meaning in all things.

the 548 tritype is the 5 most likely to appear 4-ish.

This tritype seems peculiarly subject to flux, and thus can vary greatly, or have many different real selves.

5-4-8's are subject to rapid oscillations of emotion and thought, equally capable of preternatural strength and weakness of mind at any given moment. One minute an angel, the next a cruel tyrant. A lot of love and a lot of hate. Exquisitely sensitive but all too capable of cruelty and callousness to others. One wants to know, in a totalizing and essential fashion, know poetically but know precisely as well, but never quite gets there.

We are paradox-mongers, live in metaphor, and are always trying to find new ways to say and see things (and hence are often pretentious) - i.e. iconoclasts - but can be as pedantic, systematic and anally analytical as anyone - i.e. using our 5-ness to beat others at their own games when they have underestimated us as loose, kooky or not with it.

5-4-8's have a predisposition to religion and philosophy, especially pessimistic and melancholic strains, but a commensurate disappointment with the lack of answers that satisfy us and a concomitant melancholy.

I believe Nietzsche and Gurdjieff were of this tritype, though G may have had 7 instead of 5, but Katherine Fauvre very much agreed with me when I said there was something “Hermetic” about this tri-type. There is a kind of de-construction of present systems and a reconstruction into something that subverts previously-held notions. I like to think of myself as an “ontological terrorist”. Nietzsche is a beautiful illustration of what I see as the gift of this tritype – of staring past the fragility in the conceptions humans, as living and rational beings, hope to cling to and look into something “under”, to poke around in [blocked due to guideline #4 violation], and reveal the beauty within it.

However, I still feel that the concept of change over time is very important to 548. I guess this is what I mean by different selves - the many different selves over one's life (which is also true of everyone). That is, think of Heraclitus's saw - you cannot step into the same river twice. Not just because the river has changed, but because you are - that minute to minute one's self is mutating, adapting, contradicting itself. This does not necessarily have to defeat the concept of a core coherent self, but certainly challenges it.

I think our tritype is especially gifted with calling it’s fundamental beliefs into constant question. You’ve got 4’s emphasis on self-creation and thus change, the 5’s emphasis on clear perception, innovation, curiosity, and the 8 that confronts and challenges. There is always a readiness to undermine ourselves with an aim at change, but shows us what crap each construct we hold at every stage of growth really is and there is always the correct suspicion that whatever construct we hold in the present is simply a construction.]

5-4-8: more reactive and temperamental, such Fives find it harder to control their emotions than other tritypes. They are basically sensitive, reclusive and ingenious, occasionally indulging in (romantic) day-dreams and fantasies, but once in a while their fierce, visceral side reveals itself explosively and gets to surprise people who don’t know them well. These Fives are usually selfish and whimsical, considering themselves entitled to special treatment which they will sometimes claim aggressively. They are prone to mood swings and rage outbursts.

typical subtypes: sexual, self-preserving, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-8-4, 4-5-8
flavours: innovative, temperamental, egocentric and intense

Based on the above, I'm definitely a 548.

That feels good. :)

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Took another enneagram test. Second time taking these.

Ecclectic Energies
You are most likely a type 5.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 1w9.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

[blahdiblahdiblahlookatprofilesblah]

Type 5 - 10.4
Type 1 - 9.7
Type 9 - 7.7
Type 6 - 4.7
Type 4 - 2.7

Wing 1w9 - 13.6
Wing 5w6 - 12.8
Wing 9w1 - 12.6
Wing 5w4 - 11.8
Wing 6w5 - 9.9
Wing 1w2 - 9.7
Wing 4w5 - 7.9
Wing 9w8 - 7.7
Wing 6w7 - 4.7
Wing 4w3 - 2.7

Enneagram Test with Instinctual Variant results
You are most likely a type 5 (the Investigator) with balanced wings

Social variant

Type 5 SO ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Type 4 SP |||||||||||||||||||
Type 6 SP ||||||||||||||||||
Type 9 SX |||||||||||||
Type 1 SP ||||||||||||
Type 7 SP ||||||
Type 8 SP |||||
Type 3 SX ||||
Type 2 SP ||||
Edit: Found the screenshot and email of the first time
Enneagram Test with Instinctual Variant results
You are most likely a type 5 (the Investigator) with balanced wings

Social variant

Type 5 SO ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Type 4 SP |||||||||||||||||
Type 6 SP ||||||||||||||||
Type 9 SP |||||||||||||
Type 1 SP ||||||||||||
Type 8 SP ||||||
Type 7 SO |||||
Type 3 SP ||||
Type 2 SP |||

Edit: My general conclusion is that I'm 514 or 594, so/sp
5 balanced, 1w9 or 9w1, 4w5

Whether I'm more 1 or 9 depends on the day. Some days I'm really laid back and don't give a crap about anything serious, and other days I loathe myself and how I always let myself get into such desperate situations as a direct result of procrastination or whatever reason but how dare I hint that such an attitude exists in my head (it's my own fault).

Last edited:

narcissistic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Typed based on learning the types, test inclined having strong: 4, 5, 1, 7
However 9w1 is a better fit than to 1w9 (as well as being 459 is better than to 451), and I have stronger links to 5 than to 7.
SX and SP seems fairly equal and it could go both ways; SX/SP, SP/SX. However SX/SP has a better overall fit to me.

4w3 5w4 9w1
SX/SP/SO

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are there any 3w4 who are also ENFPs here? I am the only "P" 3w4 I know!

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I'm an 8w7. Something I'm quite proud of considering how persistantly the world has tried to destroy my self-esteem.

No idea how to find instinctual varient.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I tested as a 5w4 and i have heavy 2 and 9 influences. My tritype is 5w4, 2w1, 9w1.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
3w4 and 5w4 are my most common. The last one is uncertain but I've reason to believe my tritype to be 359 or 539 "The Thinker"

It resonates the most.

Described as dry and witty, not emotionless yet can appear so, desire to put myself out there yet conceal and isolate simultaneously, can like debating yet avoidant of actual conflict(though I can hold my ground) I just don't like it, ambitious, detached approach to solutions and persuading compromises

your blind spot is that you can be so reserved that your true nature remains hidden and under expressed which can cause you to appear aloof and indifferent. to feel in control, you may use withholding and punishment.

your growing edge is to recognize that your need to pull away and be a spectator before engaging denies you the opportunity to more fully be. true wisdom comes from following your higher guidance, revealing yourself to others and participating in life.

This tritype is a dreamer of sorts, but also somewhat intellectual. They have many ideas of what they would like to happen in their life, and may construct plans to accomplish it, but an isolationist.

Pretty spot on.

Source: The 27 Tritype/Archetype Descriptions - Page 2

Rouskyrie

3w4 and 5w4 are my most common. The last one is uncertain but I've reason to believe my tritype to be 359 or 539 "The Thinker"

It resonates the most.

Described as dry and witty, not emotionless yet can appear so, desire to put myself out there yet conceal and isolate simultaneously, can like debating yet avoidant of actual conflict(though I can hold my ground) I just don't like it, ambitious, detached approach to solutions and persuading compromises

your blind spot is that you can be so reserved that your true nature remains hidden and under expressed which can cause you to appear aloof and indifferent. to feel in control, you may use withholding and punishment.

your growing edge is to recognize that your need to pull away and be a spectator before engaging denies you the opportunity to more fully be. true wisdom comes from following your higher guidance, revealing yourself to others and participating in life.

This tritype is a dreamer of sorts, but also somewhat intellectual. They have many ideas of what they would like to happen in their life, and may construct plans to accomplish it, but an isolationist.

Pretty spot on.

Source: The 27 Tritype/Archetype Descriptions - Page 2

Based on your posts, I could definitely see you as a 359. Your body triad influences seem to be 9 > 8 > 1.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
378 – The Mover & Shaker Archetype

The 837 is the slick, expansive, powerhouse, 'can do' person that sees the big picture but avoids feelings, seeing them as speed bumps that get in the way of manifesting and making things happen.

*Most assertive tritype-378, 873, 783

378,837,738 If you are the 378, you are ambitious, innovative and protective. You want to be efficient, happy and straight-forward. You are a dynamic go-getter, focused on the prize. An expansive powerhouse, you see the big picture and a positive future with the will to make it happen. Seeking success, obstacles are seen as competitive challenges. Your life mission is to see what is possible and find innovative ways to achieve your goals. A true mover and shaker, you are happiest when you are in a position of power to manifest your vision and make things happen. You need to be doing to feel alive. You can be so expeditious, assertive and results oriented that you miss your impact on others and the deeper meaning and significance of why you are doing what you are doing.

387...assertives

You have all three Expansive Solution Enneacards (3, 7 & 8)
Naturally forward and expansive, you see yourself as assertive, self-motivated, expeditious and results oriented. Focused on action, you resist being controlled and letting your feelings get in the way of achieving your goals. When opposed, you react immediately and when necessary are not afraid to move against others to manage problems.

the sexual 378 is triple assertive and has the added jolt of the high intensity sexual energy. 378 is self assured, innovative and bold, there will be more of a focus on being strong and attractive compared to other instincts. The 379 is a bit softer and more adept at softening their presentation. We always refer to the 379 is the "cool guy" or "cool girl" tritype as they want to be trendy and cool but also blend. The 378 may be more outlandish so pays less attention to being cool and more attention to being the trailblazer.
Well if you lead with the 7 instead of 3 you will be less concerned with image and be less likely to track what others want you to be as the 7 is more concerned with following their own muse. However with the sexual subtype in charge both the 378 and the 738 will want to be alluring to potential intimates and mates and have a desire to find a mate who can handle their triple assertive energy.

3-7-8 - The Extrovert

This type is very outward focused. They must keep themselves involved with the external world in order to be relieve of stress and tension. Being alone and inactive causes anxiety.

eight with a three fix: the notably success oriented, prominence seeking eight. utilizes
image and manipulation to advance their career or enterprise.
business achievement can lead to political aspirations.

783: Direct and focused 7. Most assertive 7. Are usually movers and shakers and rainbow makers. Professional 7.

837: Focused and innovative. Most assertive 8. Mover and shaker, especially if extroverted and/or soc. subtype. Entrepreneurs.

87?: Focused, intuitive, and innovative. Most assertive and noncomforming 8. Moody, intense, eccentric, entrepreneurial 8 especially if sx.

Both Tritypes are Movers and Shakers. They both want to win and have power but in a different way. The 387 is focused on achieving success, especially success in the eyes of others. The attention goes to identifying the role needed to make the achievements that are viewed as successful. With success comes power. The 837 is more focused on overcoming obstacles and succeeding in spite of the obstacles...they never give up. The 837 is less focused on the role and more focused on the position of power. With power comes success. The 837 wants to be seen as successful but wants autonomy more and are not dependent on other's view of them.
With the 738 the focus moves to the heat and the creative, vision, future ideal, what is possible and entertaining ways to succeed in a big way. They imagine, produce and manifest.

Type 7 SX
Type 8 SX
Type 3 SX
Type 2 SX
Type 4 SX
Type 9 SX
Type 6 SX
Type 1 SX
Type 5 SX

Was kinda expecting the 3 to be higher but I can see the 7 too. Also wtf with the SX. Pretty sure there's some SP in there too.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are most likely a type 5 (the Investigator) with 4 wing

Self-preservation variant

Type 5 SP
Type 4 SP
Type 6 SP
Type 8 SP
Type 1 SP
Type 3 SX
Type 9 SX
Type 7 SO
Type 2 SP

No.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Lol the first time I took this test it told me I was a 7w6. After doing a lot of studying tho, I know I am a 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 sx/so/sp.

Here's the new results:

(2w3)

Type 2 - 14
Type 8 - 12
Type 7 - 12
Type 3 - 9.4
Type 1 - 4.7

Wing 2w3 - 18.7
Wing 7w8 - 18
Wing 8w7 - 18
Wing 3w2 - 16.4
Wing 2w1 - 16.4
Wing 8w9 - 14.7
Wing 7w6 - 13.7
Wing 3w4 - 12.4
Wing 1w2 - 11.7
Wing 1w9 - 7.4

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Based on your posts, I could definitely see you as a 359. Your body triad influences seem to be 9 > 8 > 1.

Enneagram tritype 359 resonates. But my triad influences? Having a little trouble distinguishing Tritype from Triad "influences" and what influences of 9>8>1 would suggest. 981 are Belly types. But if we go in order...

Belly: 9
Heart: 3
Head: 5

So what do you mean with 9>8>1?

Rouskyrie

Enneagram tritype 359 resonates. But my triad influences? Having a little trouble distinguishing Tritype from Triad "influences" and what influences of 9>8>1 would suggest. 981 are Belly types. But if we go in order...

Belly: 9
Heart: 3
Head: 5

So what do you mean with 9>8>1?

Considering that everyone is influenced by each type in the Enneagram to some extent, when I type people, I inform them of what their influences from each triad appear to be from most to least. When I say 9 > 8 > 1, what I'm saying is that 9 is the greatest influence from the body triad, then 8, then 1.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Considering that everyone is influenced by each type in the Enneagram to some extent, when I type people, I inform them of what their influences from each triad appear to be from most to least. When I say 9 > 8 > 1, what I'm saying is that 9 is the greatest influence from the body triad, then 8, then 1.

OH. Well, now I just feel silly. Makes pretty simple sense.

...Interesting though, considering 9 and 8 are like... opposites.

Although...9w8 has crossed my mind instead of 9w1. As I'd originally thought I was an 8 rather than 9 but concluded that wasn't "quite" right.

Rouskyrie

OH. Well, now I just feel silly. Makes pretty simple sense.

...Interesting though, considering 9 and 8 are like... opposites.

Although...9w8 has crossed my mind instead of 9w1. As I'd originally thought I was an 8 rather than 9 but concluded that wasn't "quite" right.

No need to feel silly, my friend. It happens. :p

Jorge, in this post once said that 8w7 is 9w1's opposite: Enneagram Clusters and Opposites (It was an interesting read).

Maybe my impression about your body triad influences were wrong, that happens as well. I have a questionnaire that I could use to give you percentages for each type, should you happen to be interested. It's a bit lengthy, but perhaps we could even confirm your tritype/wings, despite 359 resonating with you.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No need to feel silly, my friend. It happens. :p

Jorge, in this post once said that 8w7 is 9w1's opposite: Enneagram Clusters and Opposites (It was an interesting read).

Maybe my impression about your body triad influences were wrong, that happens as well. I have a questionnaire that I could use to give you percentages for each type, should you happen to be interested. It's a bit lengthy, but perhaps we could even confirm your tritype/wings, despite 359 resonating with you.

OR maybe you are right.;)

Interesting read, indeed.

Sure. Link it.

I'm pretty sure I'm a seeker tritype (469) and it looks like the test got it right. However, I always test as 4w5 on enneagram tests, probably because I'm really shy and withdrawn, but I know I'm more of a w3 because I do crave success in reality. I'm also thinking that my e9 could possibly be higher than the e6. And this is the first time I had w8 stronger than w1. I seriously have like no 8 in me, so that's odd. But otherwise I find this to be a pretty good test.

Type 4 - 12.7
Type 6 - 10
Type 5 - 9.4
Type 3 - 8.7
Type 9 - 7.4

Wing 4w5 - 17.4
Wing 4w3 - 17.1
Wing 5w4 - 15.8
Wing 3w4 - 15.1
Wing 6w5 - 14.7
Wing 5w6 - 14.4
Wing 6w7 - 11.4
Wing 3w2 - 9.1
Wing 9w8 - 8.8
Wing 9w1 - 8.4

Epic Love

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm very certain that I am a 4w5. I'm not as well informed regarding the Enneagramm if I comare it to my knowledge about MBTI but I read quite a lot of it during the least 1.5 years or so. I also did a tritype test and it's just very clear that I'm more a 4 than a 1 even though some parts of the 1 describe me very well. As a Fe user I should probably also consider the 2 but it doesn't click as well as the 4w5. I was also torn between descriptions of 4w5 and 4w3 but somehow I lean more towards a 4w5. The 4w3 seems way too bubbly. Almost with ESFJ tendencies. I might like MBTI more but I still do relate to my Enneagramm. My varians are sx/sp.

cosmictone

Vagrant Terranaut
MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty sure I am 4w5 SO, and I'm pretty happy with that result.
My grandmother once told me if I could crawl into a hole and hide, I would.
It was a joke, of course, but I actually feel like doing that quite a bit.