• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Your enneagram type

My Enneagram type is:

• Total voters

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
9-5-3/4
I didn't know about my actual enneagram.
I'm a bit childish, possibly 9-5-4.

S

Society

And why do you say that?

...because they all suck. have a good look at the system and each description: the enneagram is entirely built on inner fears, the movement between unhealthy loops in which our behaviors make it harder to deal with our fears on one hand, cooping methods with it throughout the mid sections and various symptoms of coming to peace with them at the healthy levels. same with instinctual varients.

and if you look at the fears, they are almost entirely things which are unavoidable in life, things which a hypothetical unreasonably healthy member of society would have to learn to accept: that we make mistakes and screw up just like everyone else we judge? that our relationships are vulnerable and we are exchangable? that we aren't not as valuable to others as we'd like to think? that we aren't all beautiful snow flakes? that there's a lot we won't ever be able to know and yes some of it can bite our asses? that security is an illusion? that no matter what you'll do, pain will happen, and you won't get to experience it all? that you can't control everything in your life? that conflicts are part of it?

those are all simply facts of life that as we mature we are chellanged to accept and embrace. the enneagram tells you which part of that process you suck the most in.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5w6 Problem Solver, the most logical type!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enneatype: 5w6
Tritype: 5w6-9w1-4w5 (the 4w5 part I explains why I also identify quite a bit with the 4 wing)
Stacking: Not sure, tentatively deciding on so/sp with a sp/sx alter ego. :)

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1 thing i love about the internet, there's a ton of 5s online even though IRL there can be less than 10 of us in a group of 1200 XD

Silveresque

I just want to say I've finally figured out my type (9w1 sp/so), after all this time. My enneagram type as well as my instinctual variant are pretty obvious to me now, though it makes sense why I wasn't able to type myself before. I didn't have enough life experience to really type myself accurately (especially when it came to the instinctual variant), so I ended up just guessing how I would react in various situations rather than actually knowing for certain.

Paid test said 9w1 sp/sx. I'm now positive that this is correct. I see bits and pieces of me in other types but 9 pretty much hits on everything that's wrong with me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just want to say I've finally figured out my type (9w1 sp/so), after all this time. My enneagram type as well as my instinctual variant are pretty obvious to me now, though it makes sense why I wasn't able to type myself before. I didn't have enough life experience to really type myself accurately (especially when it came to the instinctual variant), so I ended up just guessing how I would react in various situations rather than actually knowing for certain.

Didn't your mom say you were a 5? You should always listen to your mother.

Silveresque

Didn't your mom say you were a 5? You should always listen to your mother.

You trying to make me start doubting again? :laugh:

Nah, pretty sure I'm not a 5. My mom wants me to be a 5, as I did a while ago. By the way, weren't you the one saying I was a 9? :p

G

Glycerine

Haha 964 sounds good. That's the triple doubting type: the seeker. :laugh:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You trying to make me start doubting again? :laugh:

Nah, pretty sure I'm not a 5. My mom wants me to be a 5, as I did a while ago. By the way, weren't you the one saying I was a 9? :p

But what happened to your own reasons for thinking you're a 5?

Silveresque

But what happened to your own reasons for thinking you're a 5?

My main reason for ruling out 5 was that I don't really seem like a head type. I don't believe I have as much "mental chatter" as other people who are head types, and I'm generally disengaged from my environment. Anyways....I'm also seeing a lot more 9 in me, and it all makes sense now. My issue is falling into comfortable habits and becoming disengaged and neglectful, ignoring personal growth. I didn't see myself this way before, though I've always been like this.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My main reason for ruling out 5 was that I don't really seem like a head type. I don't believe I have as much "mental chatter" as other people who are head types, and I'm generally disengaged from my environment. Anyways....I'm also seeing a lot more 9 in me, and it all makes sense now. My issue is falling into comfortable habits and becoming disengaged and neglectful, ignoring personal growth. I didn't see myself this way before, though I've always been like this.

There is one 9 trait I pointed out before which you didn't mention: repression resistance.

But if you're a "gut" type, not a head type, how does this manifest? Repression of your gut instincts? How do neglectfulness and comfortable habits play into being a "gut" type?

R

Riva

Discovering one's enneagram type is so frustrating is one is an extrovert. Especially an extroverted perceiver.

Urghhhhhhhh!

type score type behavior motivation
8 15 I must be strong and in control to survive.
9 15 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
1 10 I must be perfect and good to survive.
7 10 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
3 9 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
4 9 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 9 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
6 8 I must be secure and safe to survive.
2 7 I must be helpful and caring to survive.

Your main type is Type 8
Your variant stacking is sx/so/sp
Your level of health is above average

Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking).