User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEE

Default How did you/do you figure out your stacking?

I've been having loads of problems with this and am curious as to how and why you feel you are what variant you are. Like, if you are sp/sx, what about you makes you feel you best fall under that variant (as a default of being)?

Thanks in advance.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

A test told me, and after reading what it meant I agreed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    A test told me, and after reading what it meant I agreed.
    Yeah, same, pretty much.

I am sure about my sp but the tests sometimes give me so or sx as the second. I've settled with sp/so because from all the different descriptions I've read I can relate most to that one. Basically, I go with my gut feeling and it doesn't really matter if I'm correct or not, I just feel that one fits more than the other every time I'm having doubts and go over the descriptions again.

If you take, for example, descriptions of sp/sx and sp/so and highlight in each of them the things that you most relate to, which one stands out more?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

same

If you don't agree with the test's answers, then either pass another test that might perhaps contain better wording for you, or just accept that the test doesn't do it for you.

I never quite 'understood' all the 'pleaaassee telll mee whattt's myyy tyypeee " threads.
    sissies
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I never quite 'understood' all the 'pleaaassee telll mee whattt's myyy tyypeee " threads.
    sissies
    Whoa, don't hold back on us now. The "Type me" threads are actually helpful because when you start to drown in the information and everything starts to seem like rubbish, instead of taking a break you can write out your doubts and get feedback on it and maybe move forward. That kind of approach is yet another way of trying to make sense of all this. Just because you don't take that approach doesn't mean that it's useless for others.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

*pats sky*

you know I don't ever hold back
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

sissies
    Yeah, well...

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEE

^ lol
    same

If you don't agree with the test's answers, then either pass another test that might perhaps contain better wording for you, or just accept that the test doesn't do it for you.

sissies
    So all tests, huh. Fair enough. I tend to be extremely skeptical of such so it's interesting to see what methods people go by.

And I don't think all 'what's my type' threads are bad, but it's hard to accurately convey yourself to people online and a lot of people suggest things (me included) which aren't really logical if you could better see the inquirer, hence why I try not to make such threads, if ever (and prefer to do so after I get to know the people in the community and can get a sense if they really know what they are talking about or are full of it).

For me, on this one, though, seeing as a Five that most tests will give sp variant, though other times so or sx, I don't think they are worth relying on when the material that explains these variants are available to read and by that, I feel I and people can look at themselves and gradually arrive at a conclusion that makes sense. I tend to see tests as helpful for clues but often a quick-fix crutch at the expense of accuracy, but it's not like this stuff matters so much that people should care about accuracy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I read the descriptions and it is to be expected that you'd relate to almost all of them. I could relate to several about 85% but the so/sp one I related to 100% and it resolved a lot of questions I had about being infp 4w5, gave me the missing piece so to speak. But a year ago, my stackings would be different so I don't know how one could 'come' to their final stacking.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I read the descriptions and it is to be expected that you'd relate to almost all of them. I could relate to several about 85% but the so/sp one I related to 100% and it resolved a lot of questions I had about being infp 4w5, gave me the missing piece so to speak.
    Same here. I read several descriptions of the various stackings, particularly for my type 5, and one always seemed a much better fit than the others.