User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I know an ENTP 7w6 sp (I'm thinking sp/sx). He comes off as more introverted than other ENTPs and other extraverts in general that I've known. He has more of a goofy Ne and can sometimes have the feel of a very cerebral INFP. Like the 7 sp/sx description describes, he withdraws not exactly to reflect but rather the opposite: to avoid or escape issues he doesn't want to address. Despite that fault, he's very well-liked and makes friends easily; people gravitate towards him. In relationships he tends to focus intensely on whatever person he's with at the time. I've jokingly called them his "girls of the moment," and that may not be entirely fair to him since I don't think he makes a conscious decision to set these girls apart from everyone else for a period of time then gets bored and moves on. I think he just picks certain people out whom he finds interesting and directs more attention, time, and energy towards them.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm sp/so to a frighteningly accurate degree, type 5.

Self-pres/Social

In the average health range, this instinctual stacking is warm, friendly, and loyal. They need their down time and have no problem spending time alone. They actually value it very much. They feel an energy drain from people’s demands on them. This instinctual stacking is what is described in most Enneagram books. The most notable and potentially frustrating thing about people of this type is the difficulty involved in getting really close to them. While they can usually handle themselves socially, they always hold back when it comes to intensity or intimacy in a relationship which can frustrate a sexual variant type. Others are aware that there is more going on beneath the surface, but it can’t really be accessed. These Fives are masters at minimizing their needs. Even though they shy away from intense personal relationships they often have a lot of intuition about others. Their detached level of personal involvement somehow brings objectivity to their insights. They can be the most practical of the instinctual stackings.

Their issues usually revolve around demands made on their time. This can become problematic in personal relationships. This subtype has an ideal vision of what a close or romantic relationship should be, but given their concerns for protecting their space and time and lacking the instinctual drive of a strong sexual instinct, energy just doesn’t flow in that direction. Because this subtype is good at minimizing their needs they can get along fine with few relationships or without a romantic partner. With the social instinct second in the stacking, they generally do find friends or colleagues and they may even be married, but the need to maintain their own time to pursue their interests is always a point of contention.
    This is why I always have a small circle of friends, but am okay going without a relationship unless the person really proves to be worth me coming out of my shell and sharing my precious free time with. And it's very rare that happens, b/c my own time is just about the most important thing in the world to me. I pretty much relate to every word of the quote above.
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    SPs can't be trusted
    why so?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    why so?
    Their main concern is self-preservation :P

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post

i'm particularly interested bc i think i might know an entp 7w8 sp/so and i want to know if that makes any sense/how it would work.
    It seems like if there were any ExxP type that could be sp/so, it would be an ENTP. Of all the ExxP types, they are the least people-oriented and rely the least on people to satisfy their curiosities. Ne could easily go days just fulfilling the self's intrapersonal curiosities (sp) rather than engaging in interpersonal relationships, while Ti and weak Fe result in less of a desire to understand human emotions and social dynamics.

If an ENTP's interests do not happen to include some social aspect, then it's easy to see how an ENTP would inadvertantly refrain from developing social relationships. I guess this helps explain why ENTPs can be the least outgoing extroverts. I can envision the stereotypical mad-scientist/inventor ENTP cooped up in a laboratory for days just running experiments and sacrificing social happenings to explore his/her own wonders.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Their main concern is self-preservation :P
    also: sx-firsts are rapists

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Interesting thread. I've met a girl who's 7w8 Sp/So last night. She is interested in enneagram and told me herself that she's a self-pres 7w8. I think she's more Sp/So than Sp/Sx. 7w8 Sp/So seem very sociable, party animal and people-friendly as a general rule, even if their priority is to live a steady and organised lifestyle in order to get a pleasant lifestyle. She told me that she guessed to be 5 for the past because she's often calm and withdrawn, but since there's suffering, she escape by extroversion. I think 7w8 Sp/So are more extroverted and concerned with peoples than 7w8 Sp/Sx; Trinity seems more 7w8 Sp/Sx to me.
    She's ENFJ by the way.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    also: sx-firsts are rapists
    Never let your daughter date a SX-first.

PS: Analogy fail btw Bologna :P

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    so there are some so/sp, but it seems less common than sx/so and so/sx.

are there ANY sp/so and sp/sx? i'd guess sp/sx would be the least common of all. i imagine they would be even more rare with esp than enp, which can be kinda weird and more untenable, distant, unintelligible to others in certain social situations.

i'm particularly interested bc i think i might know an entp 7w8 sp/so and i want to know if that makes any sense/how it would work.

Seven Stacks - the enneagram ...info from the underground
    I am entp 7w8 sp/so and trying to understand it. The description sounds exactly right, but I am trying to make sense of it.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    7w8 Sp/So seem very sociable, party animal and people-friendly as a general rule, even if their priority is to live a steady and organised lifestyle in order to get a pleasant lifestyle. She told me that she guessed to be 5 for the past because she's often calm and withdrawn, but since there's suffering, she escape by extroversion. I think 7w8 Sp/So are more extroverted and concerned with peoples than 7w8 Sp/Sx; Trinity seems more 7w8 Sp/Sx to me.
    Ya maybe. I'm pretty bad with sx though.