123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Default Tritype Question

My tritype is definitely 5-1-4 (my test results for the Enneagram suggest 5-9-4, but all the people that know would agree that I'm not as laid-back and passive-agressive at this type).

My question is, if you add the wings to each type, are you able to use the 5 wing on the 4 part of the tritype? As in 5w4-1w9-4w5... or would it have to be a 4w3 at the end? Having a 5w4 and 4w5 in the tritype just seems a bit weird, so anyone who is wiser with the Enneagram than I might be able to help me. Cheers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
    My tritype is definitely 5-1-4 (my test results for the Enneagram suggest 5-9-4, but all the people that know would agree that I'm not as laid-back and passive-agressive at this type).

My question is, if you add the wings to each type, are you able to use the 5 wing on the 4 part of the tritype? As in 5w4-1w9-4w5... or would it have to be a 4w3 at the end? Having a 5w4 and 4w5 in the tritype just seems a bit weird, so anyone who is wiser with the Enneagram than I might be able to help me. Cheers.
    I never thought about that possibility. I've read a little bit, and from what I remember, the wings on these tritypes are based (at least at first) on whatever you score highest on. Specifying these wings seems kind of trivial to me, I found it kind of hard to even find deep/useful information about tritypes, let alone specific rules about tritype wings...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm not familiar with the tritype...more info?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm not familiar with the tritype...more info?

There are three triads: instinctual, head, heart.

The tritype is a more specific typing because it takes your preferred style from each triad (since we all use a style from each triad at some point) and puts it in order of preference. I am a 6, but my tritype is 6-4-9 (So when I am in instinctual mode I act like a 9, when I am using my heart I act like a 4, etc). I never cared for tritypes, I think each type has connections to other types, and the Enneagram allows for so much movement that it seems unnecessary.

Edit: this may help

Enneagram Tritype

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post

The wing doesn't change despite that it looks weird. This may make you reconsider your tritype, but you seem very sure anyway. Including the wing creates an annoying overlap problem, which is another reason why I mistrust this notion of tritypes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    The wing doesn't change despite that it looks weird. This may make you reconsider your tritype, but you seem very sure anyway. Including the wing creates an annoying overlap problem, which is another reason why I mistrust this notion of tritypes.
    I'm not really that sure actually... basically, Tritype fiends claim that you need to know your full type plus instinctual stacking to know your tritype... my type is 5w4 and my stacking is sp/so/sx, and on the Tritype pages that suggests either 5-1-4 or 5-9-2. The 5-1-4 sounds like me at home, but when I'm with friends I'm much more laid-back like the 5-9-4.

Goddamn Enneagram messing with my head.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i looked a bit online but couldn't find any free tritype tests..seems interesting tho. where should i look?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

i looked a bit online but couldn't find any free tritype tests..seems interesting tho. where should i look?
    The Crossroads • View topic - [Enneagram] Type 1 Tritype
    The Crossroads • View topic - [Enneagram] Type 5 Tritype
    They are the only ones I have found online, and they're only for 1's and 5's, as you can see. I'm not sure about tests either; I basically just drew from my 3 highest Enneagram scores (5, 9 and 4 respectively), and then adjusted accordingly when I realised that I'm not laid-back enough to be a 9.

EDIT: Just overlooked the instinctual variants while sober and realised that I'm probably sx/sp. This could probably change the tritype too. Argh. The tritype page suggests 5-8-4, and I really can see it. I suppose ya'll might as well let this thread die.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

your 3 highest scores? hmm...okay thanks.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram

your 3 highest scores? hmm...okay thanks.
    Your highest from each triad.