First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
    I might have mistaken the variants but I was working under the assumption that:

Social: I want to belong, be accepted
    Self-Pres: I want to provide shelter, safety, food (bare essentials) for myself and my family.
    Sexual: I want to connect with people on a deep level.

So wouldn't Molly have Sp higher in her stacking, she loves that kinda stuff?
    I always thought sp was more about yourself, not so much about people close to you (hence self-preservation).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFJ

Oh, it's just Enneagram Institute says:

Self Preservation Instinct

People who have this as their dominant instinct are preoccupied with the safety, comfort, health, energy, and well-being of the physical body. In a word, they are concerned with having enough resources to meet life's demands. Identification with the body is a fundamental focus for all humans, and we need our body to function well in order to be alive and active in the world. Most people in contemporary cultures are not faced life or death "survival" in the strictest sense; thus, Self-Preservation types tend to be concerned with food, money, housing, medical matters, and physical comfort. Moreover, those primarily focused on self-preservation, by extension, are usually interested in maintaining these resources for others as well. Their focus of attention naturally goes towards things related to these areas such as clothes, temperature, shopping, decorating, and the like, particularly if they are not satisfied in these areas or have a feeling of deficiency due to their childhoods. Self-Pres types tend to be more grounded, practical, serious, and introverted than the other two instinctual types. They might have active social lives and a satisfying intimate relationship, but if they feel that their self-preservation needs are not being met, still tend not to be happy or at ease. In their primary relationships, these people are "nesters"—they seek domestic tranquility and security with a stable, reliable partner.

What do you think? Does this change your perspective on any 'Harry Potter' characters?

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Oli, I found those concise definitions you were looking for:

sx = fear of not making an intense, intimate one-on-one connection

so = fear of ostracism, rejection, failure to fit in

sp = fear of being deprived of essential needs or resources

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Also this:

[U]SEXUAL[/U]

:primary concern:
    intense experiences, connections, and contacts, wide-ranging and exploratory, in order to find something to "complete" them inside (ski jumps, deep conversations, exciting movies)

:primary focus:
    people and attractions promising intense energy and charge

:primary ambition:
    looking outside themselves for the person or situation that will complete them, and then obsessing over that completing element

:primary stresses:
    lack of intense mental or emotional stimulation, lack of an intense connection or experience

:coping methods: (unhealthy)
    scattered attention, lack of focus, sexual promiscuity, intensely avoiding intense experiences and connections with a fearful and dysfunctional attitude toward sex, intimacy, and other intense "completing" experiences, as is skewed by the secondary instinct

Sx/So - Likely to neglect their desire to build their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others for the sake of their primary concern of seeking intense connections and experiences, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the body's need for food or sleep, or of the need to accumulate wealth for reasons of security, or of the need to manage time or resources to establish an orderly lifestyle.

Sx/Sp - Likely to neglect their desire to maintain physical saftey, comfort, and an orderly lifestyle for the sake of their primary concern of seeking intense connections and experiences, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the need to connect in a broader sense with the world, of a sense of security or in groups or of the need to seek it, or even of the need to foster approval, support, and understanding of themselves within groups they are connected with, often causing misunderstandings with allies, supporters, friends, and family members.

SOCIAL

building their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and a security of place with others via interaction with people in a broader sense (through family, group, subculture, mainstream culture, community, nation, world)

the status, approval, and admirability of theirself and of others in the minds of any number of different groups; "subtle" power structures and politics; knowing what is going on in the world; a contextual intelligence that allows them to see both their efforts and their broader context in the world

interacting with people in ways that will build their personal value, their sense of accomplishment, and their security of place with others; to touch base with others to feel safe, alive, and energized; may include pursuit of attention, success, fame, recognition, honor, leadership, appreciation, and the security of being a part of something bigger than themselves

being able to adjust to others and be acceptable; others' reactions to them, whether they are being accepted or not; may include intimacy, which is tended to be avoided

antisocial behavior, detesting or resenting society at large, displaying poorly developed social skills, fear and distrust of society, resentfulness at having had to change to gain approval causes a stubbornness against doing what is necessary to get along with people, social resentment and avoidance as is skewed by the secondary instinct

So/Sx - Likely to neglect their desire to seek intense connections and experiences for the sake of their primary concern of building their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the body's need for food or sleep, or of the need to accumulate wealth for reasons of security, or of the need to manage time or resources to establish an orderly lifestyle.

So/Sp - Likely to neglect their desire to maintain physical saftey, comfort, and an orderly lifestyle for the sake of their primary concern of building their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the need to stimulate the mind or emotions, of a sense of deep excitement or enthusiasm, of a need for intimate experiences, of the need for the unfamiliar. May fall into routines and, despite social connection, may feel a strange disconnection even from spouses, friends, and family.

SELF-PRESERVATION

physical safety, comfort, and well-being; securing an orderly and aesthetically pleasing way of life (food, clothing, money, housing, and physical health)

security, comfort, and well-being of the environment (lighting, temperature, comfortable furniture, aesthetics, food quality)

using practicality and financial sense to create a secure environment in the home and workplace (paying bills, acquiring skills to ensure the orderly flow of life)

money, sustenance (how they will get food, when it will come, if they will like it, if it fits their diet)

over-stocking, overbuying, overeating, overpurging, oversleeping, undersleeping, overindulging in aesthetics or comfort foods, mistreatment of comfort and security as is skewed by the secondary instinct

Sp/Sx - Likely to neglect their desire to seek intense connections and experiences for the sake of their primary concern of maintaining physical saftey, comfort, and an orderly lifestyle, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the need to connect in a broader sense with the world, of a sense of security or in groups or of the need to seek it, or even of the need to foster approval, support, and understanding of themselves within groups they are connected with, often causing misunderstandings with allies, supporters, friends, and family members.

Sp/So - Likely to neglect their desire to build their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others for the sake of their primary concern of maintaining physical saftey, comfort, and an orderly lifestyle, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the need to stimulate the mind or emotions, of a sense of deep excitement or enthusiasm, of a need for intimate experiences, of the need for the unfamiliar. May fall into routines and, despite social connection, may feel a strange disconnection even from spouses, friends, and family.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FalseHeartDothKnow View Post
    Hi guys,
    I see stuff happened since I've been away...
    How about Harry as a 9w8, Flutterby, the peacemaker who will challenge and rebel when things aren't like he thought?
    It would make more sense if Snape was 4w5 or 5w4, or maybe even 5w6, though I can see his 'tortured 4' thing.

On Dumbleforce: That's absolutely brilliant, where do you come up with these things lol?

I'm not actually sure if Hermione wants to be perfect and protective (1w2/ 2w1) or just plain knowledgable with anxiety of not being loved/right (5w6) but she compares more with my 2w1 sister than my 5w6 mate, so I'd guess the first.
    Hi!

Glad you like the names, I don't make up all of them but some of them I do.

I still see Harry as an 8. I believe in two wings, so therefore I assume he will have a 9 wing, and I think sometimes people have wings that are just as strong as their dominant type. I see Hermione as five. I also thought she could have been a 2 or a 1, but when I went and read the type descriptions I convinced myself she was a 5. I think she just tries so hard to prove she's competent and capable, plus she genuinely enjoys learning so much she practically falls out of her seat when she puts her hand up in class. She's always reading and researching, and at one point I think the book describes her as a walking encyclopaedia. I absolutely think that Hermione has 1 and 2 aspects but I see her dominant type as being 5.

I absolutely think Snape has a five wing, as he would have a 3 wing, but I definitely see him as a 4. I think he needs to feel that he is special, and he's definitely wallowing in pain, so unhealthy 4.

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

This will become much easier now that the amazing BC/Other Site has posted a comprehensive list of video examples of types with wings and stackings, so now we can use actual examples, which may stop any heated debate before it starts. List to follow soon...

Edit: Putting characters with videos is actually much harder than I first expected, this might take a while...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

harry 5w6..intj

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Santino88 View Post
    harry 5w6..intj
    wat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Hm... Just getting into this. I think Snape is a 6w5 or 5w6. Loyal, brave, direct and blunt, intellectual, objective and rational, calm.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I assume you did not read books 6 or 7, then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole