User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 140

  1. #61
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    No problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  2. #62
    Member Flutterby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    36

    Default I

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Hell fucking no.


    Makes sense, but nah


    Nope


    Snape, a romantic?


    Naaah. Obvious 6w5 sp/sx is obvious.


    You want me to explain or you want power or you want your emotions justified?

    Cos baby, I can explain!

    Here's just one explanation:

    Warning: I know I know too much about the Harry Potter series.
    You are entering the territory of a reformed Harry Potter nerd.
    You have been warned.

    Harry I see as 8. I used to think 5, but I am a five, and you know what, Harry is not dominant function 5, IMO. Think about how strong willed and pig headed he is. He's a natural leader when he has experience, status and support in his peer group. He needs respect real bad or he butts head. HE LOVES TO PROTECT PEOPLE. He uses his authority for good most of the time because he is a good leader, IE. Makes the world a safer place for others. He is not detached.

    IN BOOK FIVE HE TALKS LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME. HE IS SO ANGRY. SO ANGRY. HE WILL CHALLENGE THAT UMBITCH, umm, Umbridge.

    His one laughable attempt at detaching is when he tells Dumblydore at end of book five he wants out, and he does that in the middle of a full scale temper tantrum where he challenges Dumblys authority and throws his things at him.

    Tell me again he's not an 8. Tell me again. Why do you not want him to be an 8?

    Why does Harry react badly to his father's jerkiness? Because his father, while being an 8 like him, used his power for himself and not for others.

    How many times does Harry show weakness in this series, seriously? He cries at the grave with Mione. He cries in front of Ron and Mrs Weasley end of book four. He will not show one inch of weakness to those who threaten him. Even when he likes puzzles he does not do much research. How much research did he do during the tournament? He kept procrastinating, then in one task Dobby had to do his research for him. Who does all the book research? Hermione! Why? Because she's a five! Sure, she has a strong 2 side, but what's her dominant function? What's she always doing when she's not arguing with Ronnikins? Reading! Always reading! She must know. She is so desperate to show that she knows. I know, she almost screams, love me, love me because I know! I deserve to be loved because I know! I have knowledge, my parents valued knowledge, knowledge helps me to feel safe in this new and overwhelming wizarding world. Harry unknowingly affirms this for her by using her knowledge to assist in his leadership and rebellion efforts. Sorry to be getting off track there, but to get back to Harry, what does he do when he can't accept a leader? Either rebels in spirit or rebels in secret, or just outright rebels. Dumbledore's Army? Rebellion against Umbridge. Telling Professor Snapikins not to call him sir? Rebellion against Snape's authority. Throwing stuff at the headmaster? Rebellion against a once trusted authority under difficult circumstances.

    How much does Harry know really? To call him a five is laughable. Sure, I see where people get that idea from, he loves mysteries, he loves puzzles, they keep him alive and he's a natural born snoop who's been encouraged by Master Manipulator Dumbleforce, so he'd better love it!

    Harry hardly does any reading unless he has to, is searching for clues or is wub with Half Blood Prince. He wants a father figure and his last one just carked it, Dumbles is too distant and old to fill in properly, here he is attaching to Snape without even knowing it! Then he finds out that the slashing spell was his favourite guy's advice, now he can't trust him anymore! He was looking to this idealised stranger to lead him, who can lead him now?

    I am happy to hear your opinions on this. I won't take kindly if you try to say I have no point though. Sounds like an emotional reaction to me.

    Maybe best not to get me started. I put a lot of thought into these types and will defend them like mad. That's my emotional reaction. Besides, can you really argue against the crazy sort who read and wrote fanfiction in this universe? I'd love it if anyone tried!

  3. #63
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterby View Post
    You want me to explain or you want power or you want your emotions justified?

    Cos baby, I can explain!

    Here's just one explanation:

    Warning: I know I know too much about the Harry Potter series.
    You are entering the territory of a reformed Harry Potter nerd.
    You have been warned.

    Harry I see as 8. I used to think 5, but I am a five, and you know what, Harry is not dominant function 5, IMO. Think about how strong willed and pig headed he is. He's a natural leader when he has experience, status and support in his peer group. He needs respect real bad or he butts head. HE LOVES TO PROTECT PEOPLE. He uses his authority for good most of the time because he is a good leader, IE. Makes the world a safer place for others. He is not detached.

    IN BOOK FIVE HE TALKS LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME. HE IS SO ANGRY. SO ANGRY. HE WILL CHALLENGE THAT UMBITCH, umm, Umbridge.

    His one laughable attempt at detaching is when he tells Dumblydore at end of book five he wants out, and he does that in the middle of a full scale temper tantrum where he challenges Dumblys authority and throws his things at him.

    Tell me again he's not an 8. Tell me again. Why do you not want him to be an 8?

    Why does Harry react badly to his father's jerkiness? Because his father, while being an 8 like him, used his power for himself and not for others.

    How many times does Harry show weakness in this series, seriously? He cries at the grave with Mione. He cries in front of Ron and Mrs Weasley end of book four. He will not show one inch of weakness to those who threaten him. Even when he likes puzzles he does not do much research. How much research did he do during the tournament? He kept procrastinating, then in one task Dobby had to do his research for him. Who does all the book research? Hermione! Why? Because she's a five! Sure, she has a strong 2 side, but what's her dominant function? What's she always doing when she's not arguing with Ronnikins? Reading! Always reading! She must know. She is so desperate to show that she knows. I know, she almost screams, love me, love me because I know! I deserve to be loved because I know! I have knowledge, my parents valued knowledge, knowledge helps me to feel safe in this new and overwhelming wizarding world. Harry unknowingly affirms this for her by using her knowledge to assist in his leadership and rebellion efforts. Sorry to be getting off track there, but to get back to Harry, what does he do when he can't accept a leader? Either rebels in spirit or rebels in secret, or just outright rebels. Dumbledore's Army? Rebellion against Umbridge. Telling Professor Snapikins not to call him sir? Rebellion against Snape's authority. Throwing stuff at the headmaster? Rebellion against a once trusted authority under difficult circumstances.

    How much does Harry know really? To call him a five is laughable. Sure, I see where people get that idea from, he loves mysteries, he loves puzzles, they keep him alive and he's a natural born snoop who's been encouraged by Master Manipulator Dumbleforce, so he'd better love it!

    Harry hardly does any reading unless he has to, is searching for clues or is wub with Half Blood Prince. He wants a father figure and his last one just carked it, Dumbles is too distant and old to fill in properly, here he is attaching to Snape without even knowing it! Then he finds out that the slashing spell was his favourite guy's advice, now he can't trust him anymore! He was looking to this idealised stranger to lead him, who can lead him now?

    I am happy to hear your opinions on this. I won't take kindly if you try to say I have no point though. Sounds like an emotional reaction to me.

    Maybe best not to get me started. I put a lot of thought into these types and will defend them like mad. That's my emotional reaction. Besides, can you really argue against the crazy sort who read and wrote fanfiction in this universe? I'd love it if anyone tried!
    Why are you assuming I think Harry's a 5?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #64
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Incidentally, I must admit I kind of fucked up Snape's type, he isn't an 8. He actually is likely a 4w5 sx/so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  5. #65
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Incidentally, I must admit I kind of fucked up Snape's type, he isn't an 8. He actually is likely a 4w5 sx/so.
    How about a 5w6 sp/sx???

  6. #66
    Member Flutterby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Sorry Aleksei, I go laughably nuts when I talk about HP.

    Umm, I'm not sure whether I thought you thought he was a five or if I just assumed that you would think that or what. I was very sleepy and ready to leave to go to work when I wrote that post so it's basically just insane. (I also just don't normally respond to people when they act like I haven't thought about things, which I sort of thought was implied from your response, but because it is so easy to write stuff down and I think of this as a fun geek out thread I went ahead and responded.)

    I read back through your posts and I see you pegged him as 2. I can definitely see that there is a lot of merit in saying that he could be a 2.

    However, I still think he is an 8. I'm not really sure if you're interested in my response though, so won't respond again unless you do.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Hi guys,
    I see stuff happened since I've been away...
    How about Harry as a 9w8, Flutterby, the peacemaker who will challenge and rebel when things aren't like he thought?
    It would make more sense if Snape was 4w5 or 5w4, or maybe even 5w6, though I can see his 'tortured 4' thing.

    On Dumbleforce: That's absolutely brilliant, where do you come up with these things lol?

    I'm not actually sure if Hermione wants to be perfect and protective (1w2/ 2w1) or just plain knowledgable with anxiety of not being loved/right (5w6) but she compares more with my 2w1 sister than my 5w6 mate, so I'd guess the first.

  8. #68
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFJ
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Harry: 9w8 so/sx
    Hermione: 2w1 sp/so
    Ron: 6w7 so/sp
    Ginny: 8 of some kind... so/sx
    Snape: 4w5/5w4 sp/sx or sx/sp
    Sirius so/sx or sx/so 7w8 deteriorated between school and HP3 (Azkaban)
    James: 7w8, 8w7 or 8w9
    Peter 6w5 sp/so
    Remus:9w1 so/sp or so/sx deteriorating slowly to 6w5 from sometime after HP3 until the birth of his baby, or maybe until his death.
    Tonks: 7w6 sx/so or so/sx with temporary deterioration between HP5 and HP7.
    Molly: 2w1 or 2w3 so/sp
    Arthur: 6w5 or 9w1 sp/so
    Fred/George: 7w6 so/sp
    Percy: N/A 8?
    Hagrid: 2w3 sx/sp
    Dumbledore: 5w4 sp/so

    I would really appreciate critiques of all the characters which have two possibilities next to them, as well as any that you think are incorrect, but please give your reasoning if you can

  9. #69
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    How about a 5w6 sp/sx???
    Quote Originally Posted by FalseHeartDothKnow View Post
    Hi guys,
    I see stuff happened since I've been away...
    How about Harry as a 9w8, Flutterby, the peacemaker who will challenge and rebel when things aren't like he thought?
    It would make more sense if Snape was 4w5 or 5w4, or maybe even 5w6, though I can see his 'tortured 4' thing.
    I think Snape is a broken 4. Had he been 5w4 he'd have been depressed when Lily abandoned him, but moved on. He didn't, he stalked her until her death.

    Quote Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
    Harry: 9w8 so/sx
    Hermione: 2w1 sp/so
    Ron: 6w7 so/sp
    Ginny: 8 of some kind... so/sx
    Snape: 4w5/5w4 sp/sx or sx/sp
    Sirius so/sx or sx/so 7w8 deteriorated between school and HP3 (Azkaban)
    James: 7w8, 8w7 or 8w9
    Peter 6w5 sp/so
    Remus:9w1 so/sp or so/sx deteriorating slowly to 6w5 from sometime after HP3 until the birth of his baby, or maybe until his death.
    Tonks: 7w6 sx/so or so/sx with temporary deterioration between HP5 and HP7.
    Molly: 2w1 or 2w3 so/sp
    Arthur: 6w5 or 9w1 sp/so
    Fred/George: 7w6 so/sp
    Percy: N/A 8?
    Hagrid: 2w3 sx/sp
    Dumbledore: 5w4 sp/so

    I would really appreciate critiques of all the characters which have two possibilities next to them, as well as any that you think are incorrect, but please give your reasoning if you can
    9 makes sense for Harry, but I think he's just driven to keep people from harm, not really avoid conflict. He's a 2.

    Hermione- 1w2, rather than 2w1. She's far more focused on perfection than on lending a helping hand.

    Ginny, 8? She's nowhere near domineering enough. She's quiet, reflective and dreamy, with a histrionic and assertive streak becoming more and more apparent as she grew up. 4w3 sx/sp, all the way.

    Snape- 4w5 so/sx. He's quite concerned with social order, in addition to being an obsessive romantic.

    James- 7w8 sx/sp

    Molly- 2w1 so/sx (I don't see a concern for herself at all).

    Dumbledore- 1w9 sp/so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  10. #70
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFJ
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I might have mistaken the variants but I was working under the assumption that:

    Social: I want to belong, be accepted
    Self-Pres: I want to provide shelter, safety, food (bare essentials) for myself and my family.
    Sexual: I want to connect with people on a deep level.

    So wouldn't Molly have Sp higher in her stacking, she loves that kinda stuff?

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter fans - what's your type?
    By Pand0ra in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:22 PM
  2. harry potter characters
    By Gabe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  3. Anyone finished the last Harry Potter book?
    By darlets in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 11:28 PM
  4. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" review...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:34 AM
  5. The Worst Possible Ending to "Harry Potter"?
    By Totenkindly in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 07:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO