First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    You know what? I related a shitton to Harry in book 5 because he was so angry exactly in the way I'm angry when I'm angry at the world. (I should link you some of the stuff I wrote during this period of my life, you'd see parallels). A lot of people thought he was emo angry but I could just relate to how he thought everything was unjust and cruel and unfair. The world was so rotten you just thought it was better if we all just died. It wouldn't change a thing. Kind of like 5-8 nihilistic anger I think. 1s would be angry out of frustration - the world's so rotten, I must fix it! Harry doesn't want to fix anything and any experience he has which reinforces his view of it being rotten just makes he make him think of it more badly than before. It just proves his mindset all along - the world is rotten.
    Yes, this is a really good point. He already had a "the world is rotten" mentality. Not sure I'd expect this of a 9w8. Not sure how 6's feel about this?
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

@Maybe, I could do a similar list because I also relate a lot to Harry:

- Ignoring rules that don't fit him
    - Being emotionally shy
    - Impulsive need to protect people he cares about or just whenever he sees something he deems unjust
    - His anger issues
    - That he didn't run away from his uncle and aunt but depised their being out of his very core
    - His attitude towards school
    - Rescuing people he takes pity on despite previous animosity

Also do keep in mind that Harry is an ISFP. I think some of the things you mentioned you don't relate to could potentially be because he is ultimately an introvert and he will not take needless action unless he deems it absolutely necessary. Also, as much as he hated being controled by the Dudleys I think he realized that he needed them for survival. Despite treating him like shit they still provided him with food on the table and a bed to sleep in. If he ran away the prospects of that would be difficult. Maybe also some kind of sp first think? I could see Harry being sp/sx.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    @Maybe, I could do a similar list because I also relate a lot to Harry:

- Ignoring rules that don't fit him
    - Being emotionally shy
    - Impulsive need to protect people he cares about or just whenever he sees something he deems unjust
    - His anger issues
    - That he didn't run away from his uncle and aunt but depised their being out of his very core
    - His attitude towards school
    - Rescuing people he takes pity on despite previous animosity

Also do keep in mind that Harry is an ISFP. I think some of the things you mentioned you don't relate to could potentially be because he is ultimately an introvert and he will not take needless action unless he deems it absolutely necessary. Also, as much as he hated being controled by the Dudleys I think he realized that he needed them for survival. Despite treating him like shit they still provided him with food on the table and a bed to sleep in. If he ran away the prospects of that would be difficult. Maybe also some kind of sp first think? I could see Harry being sp/sx.
    All good points. It's interesting that you relate to some of the things I don't - him not running away, but secretly hating them, but feeling he needed to survive, for instance.
    @Vergil isn't posting but she told me her argument for 9w8 which was strong - (though I'm not convinced, I want to hear people argue this out because it's very interesting!) ... her main point is this:

Was Harry Potter's behavior *expansive?* An 8's behavior would be expansive. Expanding boundaries, etc.

I can see an argument for him pushing boundaries with his rule-breaking, and learning things his own way. He also takes it upon himself to run a class when he feels self-defense is being taught wrong. This is expansive behavior, I suppose.

I always had sort of a independent, "solo" approach to things but people would gravitate around what I was doing, when I allowed them to; to the point where friends would refer to me as "the sun" and claim that everyone's life revolved around me; and this is a pattern that continued through my life. I'm either by myself or in charge.

The point @Vergil made, was that Harry would, by contrast, follow Hermione's plans, and stick with his crew.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by lunalove View Post
    I did a search on this and couldn't find anything...I'm new! :p If it's already been done, feel free to move it or delete it...
    Harry 6w5
    9w8>2w3>?w? Sx/Sp
    I could see 6w7, 7w6 or 7w8 for his head fix

Ron 6w7
    yeah
    6w7>9w8>3w2 So/Sx

Fred and George 7w6
    definitely!
    7w6>9w8>2w3 So/Sx

Hermione 1w2 or 5w6
    some sort of combination of 1w2, 3w4 and either 5w6 or 6w5. not sure which is core
    Sp/So

Ginny 7w6
    some sort of 9w?, 7w6, 2w3 tritype So/Sx

Luna 9w1
    9w1 or 5w4>4w5 Sp/Sx

Molly Weasley 6w5
    6w7>1w2>2w3

Arthur Weasley 5w4 (5w6?)
    6w7 or 7w6>9w1>2w3 So/Sp

Proffesor McGonagall 1 (wing?)
    1w2>6w5>3w4 Sp/So

Professor Dumbledore 5w4
    1w9>7w6>2w3 So/Sx

Voldemort 8w7 (6w5?)
    6w5>8w7>4w5 Sp/Sx

I'd love to hear other opinions...and I can't seem to wrap my head around Snape and Draco Malfoy...any takers?
    - Malfoy: 3w4>6w7>8w7 So/Sx
    - Snape: 4w5>5w6>8w9 Sx/Sp
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

@Elfboy

I forgot about Malfoy - he strikes me as a 3w4 too.

Curious, what makes you think that Arthur Weasley is a 6 rather than a 5? And also, I'm hoping someone will elaborate on Voldemort. I find him to be a pretty one-dimensional character so it's hard for me to come up with a type. Maybe I'm missing something.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I think villains are typically XXXX. And that is what makes them good villains. They need to be related to by all, yet none.

Heroes are like this too.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Arthur Weasley is an 6w7 it hurts doesn't it?

However if Arthur is an 6w7 (which is quite obvious) I definitely can' see Molly as one herself.

Molly was such an annoying character.

And she acts as a reminder to all the intuitive types that even in the wizarding world with all that magic people like that exist and cannot be gotten rid of, therefore we should learn how to get used to the ones in our lives.

Annoying as fuck she was though had a good heart. She was too forced. She uses her good deeds to choke the rest.

Another disagreement (actually this one is a question) is how is it that Snape is a 4w5? Isn't he an obvious 5w4?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^agreed about Snape.

Molly was a just the esfp? of a tiny army. I thought she did rather well, considering.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Another disagreement (aactually this one is a question) is how is it that Snape is a 4w5? Isn't he an obvious 5w4?
    4 - - > tragic romantic masochist mentality. He was in love with a woman who didn't love him, all of his life. His actions were motivated by his envy of James Potter, as well as his irrational passion for Lily Potter. There's a connecting line to 1 in the way he teaches, being very exact about the information (reinforced by a 5 fix) and a definite disintegration to 2 with his stalking obsession with Lily Potter. That's also masochistic since she didn't want him back. 4s would wallow in their emotions loving the pain even after someone's death; 5s are future-thinkers and more dry and logical.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I think villains are typically XXXX. And that is what makes them good villains. They need to be related to by all, yet none.

Heroes are like this too.
    I personally like villains with substance. I love the Harry Potter series, and also LOTR and Star Wars, but I think out of all the series, Star Wars has the closest thing to good villains, and even though episodes 4, 5, and 6 are so much better, the content of the villains' characters is more laid out in episodes 1, 2, and 3. I know the acting is terrible and the CGI is overdone, but the idea of Annikin and his personal struggle is more relatable, and the Emperor's quest for power is not that far off from your local politician. I'd prefer to have villains who are human, who have vulnerabilities and specific motives; something that would line up with an enneagram type. That's why, although I find Harry Potter to be an amazing series, and JK Rowling so inspiring, the villain is disappointing.

The only thing that makes him even remotely human is seeing that he's abused as a kid, but that is just SO typical. And even as a kid he's a pure sociopath. I'd like a villain with fully developed frontal lobes, and a serious internal conflict, thankuverymuch. Someone who I kind of want to have wild sex with, but kind of want to kill. I want to feel that conflict inside of myself; I want to taste my own need for revenge; I want to feel my own powerlust and anger and disappointment and fear coursing through my veins when a villain starts to lose his mind and slowly transition from a passionate kid to an off-the-hook psycho. I want to FEEL it. I want to wish I could shake him and set him straight. I want to feel strong because I saved myself, by contrast. I want to wonder whether I really did save myself. This is what would make a great villain, to me.

Top notch villain:
    The Phantom in Phantom of the Opera.

Severus Snape is a good anti-hero. Even Draco Malfoy is a decently sympathetic "villain." Better than Voldemort. Voldemort is so unreal that I can't even hate him. I just want to laugh in his weird face.