User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default Enneagram - MBTI correlation

There must be a thread like this already, correlating just these two, but I didn't find it so soon.

From a book I looked in today (The enneagram basics book), I got:

Type 1: Te
    Type 2: Fe
    Type 3:
    Type 4: Ni
    Type 5: Ti
    Type 6: Fi
    Type 7: Se
    Type 8: Ne
    Type 9: Si

It does seem like there is some Ni in type 4, right? Also being the most inside themselves... And the 5w4 looking for the image that expresses it all. I think these correlations aren't bad, although it's the same as with all correlations (they only partly align). It explains why an INTJ would be 4 (primary Ni) just as well as six (tertiary Fi); the 5-wing or dominant will be their T. And an INTP 9 would be explained by somehow being more into their Si, and why integration towards 8 would make a 5 use their secondary Ne more.
    It even makes more plausible the case of a 5w4 / 4w5 being Ti Ni or Ni Ti like Jung or Nietzsche. (Marking the additive value of correlating).
    INtj | 9w1

MBTI
    ENTP

this is interesting. it doesn't seem right though. either wings have to be taken into account, or function attitudes aren't the best way to draw connections. but given that the enneagram is an all-round mess, it's bound to be imperfect.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    There must be a thread like this already, correlating just these two, but I didn't find it so soon.

Type 3:

It does seem like there is some Ni in type 4, right? Also being the most inside themselves... And the 5w4 looking for the image that expresses it all. I think these correlations aren't bad, although it's the same as with all correlations (they only partly align). It explains why an INTJ would be 4 (primary Ni) just as well as six (tertiary Fi); the 5-wing or dominant will be their T. And an INTP 9 would be explained by somehow being more into their Si, and why integration towards 8 would make a 5 use their secondary Ne more.
    It even makes more plausible the case of a 5w4 / 4w5 being Ti Ni or Ni Ti like Jung or Nietzsche. (Marking the additive value of correlating).
    I've read this book, and it's mostly agreeable, apart from the theory that ENTP's and ENFP's are most likely to be 8's. That's pretty ridiculous.

MBTI
    CAT

Some of the options sound good (like 2 = Fe, I guess being a 1 might make any type seem more Te...), but I'm not sure about the 4 being primarily Ni. There are far too many INFPs, ENFPs and ISFPs among 4s, so I'd just as well associate it with Fi. I also haven't met any INTJ 4s irl so far, to be honest.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

I had a list in my blog a while ago. Not 100% right, but gives another view. I think there is another thread also.

Type 1: ISxJ and some xNxJs (Religious/do the right thing)
    Type 2: ExFJ (Fe dominant) and some ExFPs (Help others with the intent of receiving love in return, less introverts because it is defining externally)
    Type 3: Exxx, less so ExFPs (seek admiration and self improvement, again externally focussed so less introverts, less ExFPs maybe because of Fi.)
    Type 4: INFx (seek understanding of self and examine self, internally focussed, theoretical, personal)
    Type 5: IxTx (observe, detach to analyse, understand)
    Type 6: ISxx (I've seen this listed a few times, but it's a weak correlation)
    Type 7: ExxP (Xe dominant) (explore and appreciate the world, the extroverted perceivers correlation makes sense)
    Type 8: ExTJ and many ExxPs (self reliance, strength, independence. May be harder to see ExxPs being 8, but that defiance is there.)
    Type 9: IxFP and ISTPs (accept others as they are, do the right thing, find union)
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

These are not carved in stone, but still worth looking at.

Likes Patrick liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yep...that's better noigmn and jaguar. too many enxps type 7 for it to be correlated with se alone.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Yeh, I think Jag and mine agree on most for the main types that correlate and some for the third and fourth. They disagree on type 6, but from what I know, type six hardly correlates with anything.

Do you know if there is any order or system to the MBTi types listed on the diagram Jag? Or are they just placed on there to see the connection between enneagram types?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I've read that any temperament can be any enneagram type but don't agree with that. There must be overlap and variation due to other facets of personality yet I have a hard time reconciling descriptions of some of the mbti with those of the enneagram.

For me, just as attachment theory is too confining, temperament theory is as well. Can hardly make sense of only 4 attachment styles for all the varied child-parent relationships experienced.

Maybe enneagram encompasses more of the whole person ime, so I don't see it as being the problem, except I could be wrong. Wing of etype may explain attachment nuances. Reflecting on the etypes though, some of them don't seem to correlate very well with the mbti.

How can a type Two be a thinking type, for example? Maybe Si with a light Ti or something, but what mbti type is THAT? And a judging 7 is bound to have significant problems in life, how could evolution do this to a person?

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post

Type 3:

Yeah the bolded ones are pretty off