• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram - MBTI correlation

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's mainly on PerC.

Example: "My mom's a ESFJ and she shoves bibles and hamburgers up my ass. I hate ESFPs and ESFJs. I'm going to blame all my problems on Sensors and Feelers and bitch about how my type is the Master Race and should rule the world even though all my grades are shit and no one likes me because I'm an arrogant douchebag. Alexander the Great was an INTJ. Leonardo DiCaprio is an INTJ. Everyone significant in history was an INTJ and every other type is an idiot that sucks at life. We're better than everyone. We're going to drive all the inferior types into the sea. Hitler was an ESFP because ESFPs are evil. I'm yelling at the top of my voice about bullshit and emotional projection because INTJs are logical gods and everyone else is an emotional jerk. I'm such a special snowflake."

That's not nearly a majority of the real INTJs on the internet, it's just some INTJs on MBTI sites and a few other people who are mistyped and in denial. It's bullshit, it's arrogant, and it's obnoxious.

It's Six-like because it's basically developing an overinflated sense of superiority (disintegration into 3), and it's planning revenge through fantastical possibilities (6-like overthinking and speculation) as a fear-reaction to a perception of chronic mistreatment (6 counterphobia). It's rationalizing feelings of inferiority and using conspiracy-theory mentality to make sense of it and poise yourself as the "hero."

But why is this behavior in itself 6ish? What is there about type 6, the idea of the universe being transient and the resulting existential anxiety that comes with it, that actually connects to this behavior? I mean, what you cite here, that's just immaturity and over-identification with the personality. I don't see how any of this is at all related to type 6.

I mean, disintegration to type 3, I am not sure you know what this actually means in type 6, based on what you wrote here. If there is one type, if you need to associate this behavior with a type at all though again I do not think this is type-related, that fits this behavior the best is actually an actual 3. Conversely, perhaps a 2, with how pride works for them.

Last edited:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Type 1 -> :Fi:, :Ti:, :Te:

This is interesting, because most people will say Type 1 is correlated with introverted perception and extroverted judgement. But, I took an enneagram test while thinking "how would I answer based on having a dominant judgement function?" and I scored 1 as highest, I think followed by 3 and 8. So, I think you may be right, but everyone else contradicts!

Alea_iacta_est

This is interesting, because most people will say Type 1 is correlated with introverted perception and extroverted judgement. But, I took an enneagram test while thinking "how would I answer based on having a dominant judgement function?" and I scored 1 as highest, I think followed by 3 and 8. So, I think you may be right, but everyone else contradicts!

Yeah, Type 1 ultimately seems to flow the best with Introverted Rationality, with its focus on order and classification (pertaining to ethics and logics). Introverted Irrationality's perspective in comparison appears more lax and fluid to the rigidity of Type 1.

In general, I am inclined to believe that the temperaments that best flow or complement a specific enneatype include:

Type 1 with Introverted Rationality
Type 3 with Extroverted Rationality
Type 7 with Extroverted Irrationality
Type 9 with Introverted Irrationality

EDIT: I believe the alternative view is due to the MBTI fusion of the ISTJ typological profile as a mixture of both :Ti: and :Si: (or, more specifically, the LSI and SLI) traits, and the subsequent association of the ISTJ typological profile with Type 1.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Example: "My mom's a ESFJ and she shoves bibles and hamburgers up my ass. I hate ESFPs and ESFJs. I'm going to blame all my problems on Sensors and Feelers and bitch about how my type is the Master Race and should rule the world even though all my grades are shit and no one likes me because I'm an arrogant douchebag. Alexander the Great was an INTJ. Leonardo DiCaprio is an INTJ. Everyone significant in history was an INTJ and every other type is an idiot that sucks at life. We're better than everyone. We're going to drive all the inferior types into the sea. Hitler was an ESFP because ESFPs are evil. I'm yelling at the top of my voice about bullshit and emotional projection because INTJs are logical gods and everyone else is an emotional jerk. I'm such a special snowflake."
Hahaha holy shit this is great. And also pretty demonstrative of the overall attitude.

CDH15

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I know this has been discussed many times before, however, I don't see that anyone on this thread has discussed wings yet.
Here's my take on Enneagram-MBTI correlation (with wings):
1w9: TJ
1w2: ISJ, ENFJ
2w1: EFJ, ISFJ
2w3: EF
3w2: ESJ
3w4: ET
4w3: NF
4w5: INF
5w4: IN(T)
5w6: IT
6w5: IJ
6w7: SJ
7w6: EP
7w8: ETP
8w7: ETJ, ESTP
8w9: ET
9w8: SP
9w1: IFP

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Type 1 with Introverted Rationality
Type 3 with Extroverted Rationality
Type 7 with Extroverted Irrationality
Type 9 with Introverted Irrationality

I think type 3 may actually relate a lot to Ni

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
yep...that's better noigmn and jaguar. too many enxps type 7 for it to be correlated with se alone.

Why does everybody associate 7 with being Extroverted? I'm an Introvert.

Patrick

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

I believe there is an introverted side to type Seven. It's associated with extraversion because flitting from one activity to another sounds like what an extravert would do--especially if those activities involve other people. But they don't always. And a deep-down need for Sevens is to quiet down and learn to go within (e.g., via prayer, meditation, or contemplation).

Sevens no doubt recognize that need, whether they try to meet it or just avoid it. Meeting the need is clearly an introverted thing to do. At very healthy levels, Sevens might make fine monks, even though that's far from the stereotypical image of type Seven.

Patrick

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't agree with any of this at all. especially Fi being 6. we're like the opposite of that.
You may be the opposite of that, but it's not necessarily the case for all Sixes or all dominant Fi's.

I've been doing this type thing for many years now, and I've mistyped myself a few times. It took a few years to get the INFJ-vs-INFP part straight (taking the official MBTI was a help there). In the Enneagram, I went from Four to Nine to One and finally--just recently--to Six.

Here are a couple points I've noticed along the way:

1. INFPs appear to be more wishy-washy than they really are; their auxiliary Ne masks their dominant judging function, Fi. But that judging function is based on Feeling, and INFPs are actually more attuned to people and feelings than are INFJs; the latter are really more attuned to ideas (because of dominant Ni).

2. Enneagram type Six is not a catch-all that corresponds to Keirsey's Guardian (SJ) temperament. Rather, it's a type where anxiety is a driving force (not just an incidental experience, as it is for everybody else) and there's a never-ending quest for certainty (which might include stability and security). SJs generally have stability and sufficient certainty and will act to maintain it; Sixes never have nearly enough certainty, so they're restlessly pursuing it. It's possible for an SJ to be a type Six, but IMO it's very misleading to suggest dominant Si would have much to do with type Six.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

You're also not a 7.
icon_local_aimkissyface.gif

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
(Sorry for not replying in such a long time)
Yes, I am. Prove me otherwise. ;)

I think I remember [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] mentioning ISTP cp 6w5 in another thread of yours, RandomINTP.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd rather do correlations between the wings because that makes a difference.

1w9: ISTJ, INTJ
1w2: ESTJ
2w1: ESFJ, ENFJ
2w3: ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP
3w2: ESTJ, ENTJ, ENFJ
3w4: ESTJ, ENTJ
4w3: ENFP, ISFP
4w5: INFP
5w4: INTP, INTJ
5w6: INTP, INTJ, ISTP
6w5: ISFJ, ISTJ, ISTP
6w7: ESTJ, ESFJ, ESFP
7w6: ESFP, ENFP, ENTP
7w8: ESTP, ESFP, ENTP
8w7: ESTJ, ENTJ
8w9: ESTJ, ENTJ
9w8: ISTP, ISFP
9w1: ISFP, INFP, ISFJ, INFJ

Besides, this is my list on the combos that I find to be plausible after my many years of experience in MBTI+Enneagram.
46347687_2235311136713994_7810750159259697152_n.jpg

Last edited:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Correlating this is down to last detail is mission impossible in my book. Some combinations are more common and logical but not everything will fall into such cases.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a good example of a weird enneagram correlation

After everything I realized I was an entp 4 as I had a complex upbringing

So if anything all types are possible just some far more rare than others, simply do to the fact that enneagram has less to do with how you think and more to do with how you've adapted to the environment growing up.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd rather do correlations between the wings because that makes a difference.

1w2: ESTJ
2w1: ESFJ, ENFJ
2w3: ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP
3w2: ENTJ, ENFJ, ESTJ
3w4: ENTJ, ESTJ
4w3: ISFP (I've come to realize that most '4w3 ENFPs' are actually sx first 7 ENFPs. The whole assumption that 7's are constantly happy has to stop.)
4w5: INFP
5w4: INTP, INTJ
5w6: INTP, INTJ, ISTP
6w5: ISFJ, ISTJ, ISTP
6w7: ESFJ, ESTJ, ESFP
7w6: ESFP, ENFP, ENTP
7w8: ESTP, ESFP, ENTP
8w7: ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP
8w9: ESTJ, ENTJ
9w8: ISTP, ISFP
9w1: ISFP, INFP, ISFJ

Besides, this is my list on the combos that I find to be plausible after my many years of experience in MBTI+Enneagram.
hjfwesj.jpg

Last edited:

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Final edit for my combo list.

fixed and post.jpg