MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    It's mainly on PerC.

Example: "My mom's a ESFJ and she shoves bibles and hamburgers up my ass. I hate ESFPs and ESFJs. I'm going to blame all my problems on Sensors and Feelers and bitch about how my type is the Master Race and should rule the world even though all my grades are shit and no one likes me because I'm an arrogant douchebag. Alexander the Great was an INTJ. Leonardo DiCaprio is an INTJ. Everyone significant in history was an INTJ and every other type is an idiot that sucks at life. We're better than everyone. We're going to drive all the inferior types into the sea. Hitler was an ESFP because ESFPs are evil. I'm yelling at the top of my voice about bullshit and emotional projection because INTJs are logical gods and everyone else is an emotional jerk. I'm such a special snowflake."

That's not nearly a majority of the real INTJs on the internet, it's just some INTJs on MBTI sites and a few other people who are mistyped and in denial. It's bullshit, it's arrogant, and it's obnoxious.

It's Six-like because it's basically developing an overinflated sense of superiority (disintegration into 3), and it's planning revenge through fantastical possibilities (6-like overthinking and speculation) as a fear-reaction to a perception of chronic mistreatment (6 counterphobia). It's rationalizing feelings of inferiority and using conspiracy-theory mentality to make sense of it and poise yourself as the "hero."
    But why is this behavior in itself 6ish? What is there about type 6, the idea of the universe being transient and the resulting existential anxiety that comes with it, that actually connects to this behavior? I mean, what you cite here, that's just immaturity and over-identification with the personality. I don't see how any of this is at all related to type 6.

I mean, disintegration to type 3, I am not sure you know what this actually means in type 6, based on what you wrote here. If there is one type, if you need to associate this behavior with a type at all though again I do not think this is type-related, that fits this behavior the best is actually an actual 3. Conversely, perhaps a 2, with how pride works for them.
    Last edited by Entropic; 03-22-2015 at 09:23 PM.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Type 1 -> , ,
    This is interesting, because most people will say Type 1 is correlated with introverted perception and extroverted judgement. But, I took an enneagram test while thinking "how would I answer based on having a dominant judgement function?" and I scored 1 as highest, I think followed by 3 and 8. So, I think you may be right, but everyone else contradicts!

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    This is interesting, because most people will say Type 1 is correlated with introverted perception and extroverted judgement. But, I took an enneagram test while thinking "how would I answer based on having a dominant judgement function?" and I scored 1 as highest, I think followed by 3 and 8. So, I think you may be right, but everyone else contradicts!
    Yeah, Type 1 ultimately seems to flow the best with Introverted Rationality, with its focus on order and classification (pertaining to ethics and logics). Introverted Irrationality's perspective in comparison appears more lax and fluid to the rigidity of Type 1.

In general, I am inclined to believe that the temperaments that best flow or complement a specific enneatype include:

Type 1 with Introverted Rationality
    Type 3 with Extroverted Rationality
    Type 7 with Extroverted Irrationality
    Type 9 with Introverted Irrationality

EDIT: I believe the alternative view is due to the MBTI fusion of the ISTJ typological profile as a mixture of both and (or, more specifically, the LSI and SLI) traits, and the subsequent association of the ISTJ typological profile with Type 1.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Example: "My mom's a ESFJ and she shoves bibles and hamburgers up my ass. I hate ESFPs and ESFJs. I'm going to blame all my problems on Sensors and Feelers and bitch about how my type is the Master Race and should rule the world even though all my grades are shit and no one likes me because I'm an arrogant douchebag. Alexander the Great was an INTJ. Leonardo DiCaprio is an INTJ. Everyone significant in history was an INTJ and every other type is an idiot that sucks at life. We're better than everyone. We're going to drive all the inferior types into the sea. Hitler was an ESFP because ESFPs are evil. I'm yelling at the top of my voice about bullshit and emotional projection because INTJs are logical gods and everyone else is an emotional jerk. I'm such a special snowflake."
    Hahaha holy shit this is great. And also pretty demonstrative of the overall attitude.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Cygnus, Hard, Patrick liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I know this has been discussed many times before, however, I don't see that anyone on this thread has discussed wings yet.
    Here's my take on Enneagram-MBTI correlation (with wings):
    1w9: TJ
    1w2: ISJ, ENFJ
    2w1: EFJ, ISFJ
    2w3: EF
    3w2: ESJ
    3w4: ET
    4w3: NF
    4w5: INF
    5w4: IN(T)
    5w6: IT
    6w5: IJ
    6w7: SJ
    7w6: EP
    7w8: ETP
    8w7: ETJ, ESTP
    8w9: ET
    9w8: SP
    9w1: IFP
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post

Type 1 with Introverted Rationality
    Type 3 with Extroverted Rationality
    Type 7 with Extroverted Irrationality
    Type 9 with Introverted Irrationality
    I think type 3 may actually relate a lot to Ni

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CDH15 View Post
    5w6: IT
    There's a reason 5w6 often work in IT.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    yep...that's better noigmn and jaguar. too many enxps type 7 for it to be correlated with se alone.
    Why does everybody associate 7 with being Extroverted? I'm an Introvert.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5 sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Why does everybody associate 7 with being Extroverted? I'm an Introvert.
    I believe there is an introverted side to type Seven. It's associated with extraversion because flitting from one activity to another sounds like what an extravert would do--especially if those activities involve other people. But they don't always. And a deep-down need for Sevens is to quiet down and learn to go within (e.g., via prayer, meditation, or contemplation).

Sevens no doubt recognize that need, whether they try to meet it or just avoid it. Meeting the need is clearly an introverted thing to do. At very healthy levels, Sevens might make fine monks, even though that's far from the stereotypical image of type Seven.
    "Some would say that extended meaningful conversation is a thing of the past. But they'd say it more quickly." (Tom Morris)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5 sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I don't agree with any of this at all. especially Fi being 6. we're like the opposite of that.
    You may be the opposite of that, but it's not necessarily the case for all Sixes or all dominant Fi's.

I've been doing this type thing for many years now, and I've mistyped myself a few times. It took a few years to get the INFJ-vs-INFP part straight (taking the official MBTI was a help there). In the Enneagram, I went from Four to Nine to One and finally--just recently--to Six.

Here are a couple points I've noticed along the way:

1. INFPs appear to be more wishy-washy than they really are; their auxiliary Ne masks their dominant judging function, Fi. But that judging function is based on Feeling, and INFPs are actually more attuned to people and feelings than are INFJs; the latter are really more attuned to ideas (because of dominant Ni).

2. Enneagram type Six is not a catch-all that corresponds to Keirsey's Guardian (SJ) temperament. Rather, it's a type where anxiety is a driving force (not just an incidental experience, as it is for everybody else) and there's a never-ending quest for certainty (which might include stability and security). SJs generally have stability and sufficient certainty and will act to maintain it; Sixes never have nearly enough certainty, so they're restlessly pursuing it. It's possible for an SJ to be a type Six, but IMO it's very misleading to suggest dominant Si would have much to do with type Six.
    "Some would say that extended meaningful conversation is a thing of the past. But they'd say it more quickly." (Tom Morris)