User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Enneagram test?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I really like the way this one asks questions, and how there are only two options for each question.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

After reading the descriptions I came into conclusion that my Enneagram type is rather 7W6 than 9W8.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I don't need another test, I would just like to know where I could read more about 9W8's.
    Apart from The Wisdom of the Enneagram description of the 9w8, it's unlikely you'll find one. Remember that wing descriptions aren't that important in the Enneagram; it's the base type that counts. I know it's interesting to understand more of the specifics concerning your type (I was lusting after more on each Eight subtype to discover which wing was more dominant), but seriously, it's not that important, which is why no one's written much on it. The best thing to do is meet other people like you and talk to them about your experiences and listen to them concerning theirs, and you can introspect as well, looking at your tendencies and traits. That's the only way you'll find out more about a 9w8 or a 7w6 if you think you're that type.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    After reading the descriptions I came into conclusion that my Enneagram type is rather 7W6 than 9W8.
    There's a huge difference between the way these two types look. I'm not just talking about Nine and Seven, but more deeply between 9w8 and 7w6. How did you come to that conclusion?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Based on this comparison and to the fact that I have neve before read good descriptios of 9W8 and 7W6, I have just done some tests and read the basic descriptions of the types (without wings).

Descriptions from:
    fineenn9styls2.html

Bolded – Yes, tha’s me
    Underlined - Not me

Seven With a 6 Wing
    Healthy Sevens with a 6 wing are responsible, faithful, lovable, nervous and funny. They are generally more oriented to relationship and want to be accepted by other people. Can be steady, more willing to stick with commitments; the 6 wing brings a longer sense of time. Usually funny or enjoy a good laugh - an amazing number of comedians are Sevens with a 6 wing. More openly vulnerable, have an unguarded, tender sweetness. Some have trouble expressing anger even when they are justified. May evade or finesse authority but still aware of it like a 6. Canny and practical, they look for the deals and the loopholes.

When more entranced, may have surprise episodes of sensitivity and insecurity. Their feelings can be easily hurt sometimes. Sensitive especially to comparisons. May avoid putting themselves to the test. Grow dependent and addicted to other people, afraid to be alone, suspicious and skittish. Can feel guilt easily, may project their conscience onto others and then act irresponsibly. Make themselves shallow, fall in and out of love easily. Sometimes breezily betray others by running away. Can be reckless, unstable, and self-destructive.

When Sevens have a counterphobic 6 wing their idealism can motivate a sincere desire for social reform. May work hard for a cause. Can be antiauthority, passive/aggressive, flippant, defiant. Some report hating to be told what to do. Clashes with Ones likely. May call down trouble on themselves. Complain about the status quo. The realm of hippie rebellion.

Nine With an 8 Wing
    Awakened Nines with an 8 wing have a modest, steady, receptive core. They are charged by the dynamism of 8 - when focused on goals they often have great force of will. Get things done, make good leaders. May have an animal magnetism of which they are only partly aware. Can seem highly centered, take what they do seriously but remain unimpressed with themselves. 8 wing can bring a strong internal sense of direction. Relatively fearless and highly intuitive. Generally not intellectual unless they have it in their background.

When more entranced, they manifest the contradictions of the two styles expressing them in sequence. Could be passively amiable like a Nine and then turn horribly blunt like an 8. One moment they are opinionated or nasty, next moment kindly and supportive. Often don't hear their voices when angry. Can have a sharp, grating edge. May be slow to anger and then explode. Or angry but don't know it; may confuse being assertive with being rude. Placidly callous - both styles support numbness. Tactless and indiscriminate and indiscreet. May be unwittingly disloyal, spilling everyone's secrets. Sexual confusion, sometimes they are driven by lust.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

The 9w8 description is pretty poor. It's too narrow. Riso & Hudson's is far better.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I took Athenians suggested test and these are my results and evidently I am nutso.

Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    In addition to the suggested ones, I know of this one.
    My results are pretty accurate other than sometimes I show so/sp. My wing is always too close to call, but interestingly usually lower than many of my other scores.
    type score type behavior motivation
    9 49 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
    5 43 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
    3 40 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
    4 40 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
    6 40 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    2 33 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
    1 31 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
    7 30 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
    8 30 I must be strong and in control to be happy.

Your main type is Type 9 Your variant is self pres

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    The 9w8 description is pretty poor. It's too narrow. Riso & Hudson's is far better.
    Hmm... I would totally disagree. In fact as someone alluded to, some enthusiasts (and specifically considering R&H) give little credence to the wing it seems, instead focusing more on the variants. I will have to go back and re-read the description (if you are alluding to Wisdom of the Enneagram) from the book, but I don't recall anything that stood out enough to make me recall it. In fact, I don't even believe they have point-wing combo descriptions on their site.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Nobody forget that if anyone is unfamiliar with the Ennragram, they can always look this over. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...enneagram.html

Don't make me do lots of stuff for nothing
    Go to sleep, iguana.

T
    Indeed, perhaps so. It helps to wait some time before taking tests again, just to see. I would not be surprised if you were a Seven, because that is a very common type for ENFPs. The wing is your highest scoring number next to your highest scoring number. So in otherwords, if you are a Seven, then the ones next to it would be Six or Eight. Which ever of those two that typically scores higher than the other is your wing. It has significant influence on your type. It's really more like there are eighteen types than nine. 1/2, 2/1, 2/3, 3/2, 3/4, etc... you're an ENFP, too. The damndest thing about that is that all three of those are common results for the ENFP. You may just have to keep testing and keep adding up the scores, I can only say that you are probably not the Seven, given the average break-down so far. If you just keep switching and tieing again and again, with the Nine always somewhere in the list, then you are probably a Nine. They are the type most likely to give indifferent scores. (where as the Six is the most likely to give random ones)
    Indeed, perhaps so. It helps to wait some time before taking tests again, just to see. I would not be surprised if you were a Seven, because that is a very common type for ENFPs. The wing is your highest scoring number next to your highest scoring number. So in otherwords, if you are a Seven, then the ones next to it would be Six or Eight. Which ever of those two that typically scores higher than the other is your wing. It has significant influence on your type. It's really more like there are eighteen types than nine. 1/2, 2/1, 2/3, 3/2, 3/4, etc... you're an ENFP, too. The damndest thing about that is that all three of those are common results for the ENFP. You may just have to keep testing and keep adding up the scores, I can only say that you are probably not the Seven, given the average break-down so far. If you just keep switching and tieing again and again, with the Nine always somewhere in the list, then you are probably a Nine. They are the type most likely to give indifferent scores. (where as the Six is the most likely to give random ones)
    There is a thing called tritype.... I am a 853 and in the instance I took the test, 5 and 3 were remarkably close to 8. Then Katherine Fauvre's site told me about tritype. Which explained everything. You may be a 279, 729 or 927.