User Tag List

First 123 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    6 vs 4: Fours are naturally elitist and sixes aren't. Sixes don't romanticize being different like fours do.

4 vs 6: Fours are comfortable with their elitism as they just know they have insight and creativity others lack. Sixes don't like it when people place themselves above others due to it being unfair.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...type-four.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-type-six.html
    Thanks all. I'm going to look into this more, but on the basis of the above, and what I've found out so far, I'm definitely leaning toward 6. I have moments of elitism (mainly about literary preferences - I'm not elitist at all when it comes to music, though, for instance) but it's not something I emphasize or romanticize.

I realized though after reading descriptions of 6 just how much of a role questioning, self-doubt etc is playing in my life...There is no doubt that I second-guess everything, that I have a difficult time making decisions because I always wonder if it's the right decision, and that there are constant little voices in my head analyzing and re-analzying everything! It would explain why even when I've gone over a situation from every angle, and even discussed it with friends, it's so hard for me to consider a matter done and dusted. It can take years particularly if there is an element of unfinished business about it.

If I am a type 6 INFJ, no wonder I feel so exhausted and overwhelmed so much of the time. Constant questions, doubts, analysis, triggering one strong emotion after another, often in a never-ending loop...ouch.

This does give me good ideas for what I need to work on and how to do it, though.

EDIT: You know, though it's a bit surprising to me, I think I might just be 6w7 rather than 6w5. I am more inclined to look for optimism though I have a hard time finding it, and I have often trusted people too easily. My mum, who is probably INTJ, I think would be either 5w6 or 6w5. Maybe 6w5. She worries a lot, and she's more likely than me to find security in her intellect...

Still need to research all this more, though
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Now I am sure I'm not a 4 (though my INFJ best friend is a textbook 4!) but I'd say it's down to 6 or 9. I was pretty sure I was 6 and now I am wondering about 9. So I need to look into it more. Will keep you posted
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

I am 6w5. I definitely want to be special/unique! I thought I was a 4 for a long time...I went back to my childhood and then through my life and saw that while I am creative, super emotional (I would DIE without emotion), and I have many 4 aspects to my personality (possibly 4 is part of my trio...haven't delved into that yet), my underlying theme is self-doubt and insecurity!

Do you anticipate danger/fear? Do you plan for the worst case scenario? In your mind's eye, are you pessimistic or optimistic (trying to be optimistic is not the same as your gut reaction to events/situations)?

Do you find that without some way to actualize yourself, you will just die? (Keep in mind, 6's can be just as emotional or creative as 4's. It is the motivation that counts.)

Are you extroverted or introverted? I tested as an introvert over and over again....but I do feel energized when I help others (especially the underdog). I thought maybe I was 2! I am very introverted, I have my 5w to thank for that, but I still have some extroverted qualities for me. This is common for 6's....a little of this and a little of that!

I would definitely think back on your childhood. I would also recommend keeping in mind each types obsession rather than all the details (the details make it confusing! If you can stick to the general focus/obsession, it makes it easier to see yourself, at least it did for me!)

Good luck and keep us posted

luna~

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

To me what helped me differentiate between a 6 and 4 (which I have typed as both) is the need to connect and engage people. a four can become very insecure in themselves with this prospect as it threatens their sense of self .. A 6 will become secure in this prospect and feels it will complete the self.

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

No Exit, that was very useful info! It just re-confirms my 6ishness...even though I know I'm a 6, I will still doubt it :p Thanks... :-)

luna~

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by lunalove View Post
    No Exit, that was very useful info! It just re-confirms my 6ishness...even though I know I'm a 6, I will still doubt it :p Thanks... :-)

luna~
    You are welcome.. However as a caution.. If the 6 connects and the relationship is not secure.. he/she will then display very 4 like behavior in that the need for security will look very much like the need to protect the self.
    If a 6 begins to feel like they are being manipulated or changed.. They will stick up for themselves and become very protective of their identity.. like you said. its the motivation that counts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Let's just compromise and say you're a 5.

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

No Exit, what is the difference between protecting your identity and being insecure? Aren't they similar? Sorry to be so dense...maybe my mind is fuzzy today? :p Thanks for the info... :-)

luna~

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by lunalove View Post
    No Exit, what is the difference between protecting your identity and being insecure? Aren't they similar? Sorry to be so dense...maybe my mind is fuzzy today? :p Thanks for the info... :-)

luna~
    Sorry.. The 6 is afraid of being made a fool of.. By believing in something and then feeling tricked.. The 4 fears an actual loss of their identity .. So again it looks very similar.. .. Both feel very exposed in love.. it's what is at stake for each that is different. which is the type of security that each sees a threat to.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I too have a hard time with discovering whether my wing is a 4 or a 6. Too much cross over of the descriptions and my personality.

After further study I simply choose not to embrace enneagrams as they do not apply as well to me as does MBTI. At least in my case even Astrology is more helpfull than enneagrams. In other words, I don't give much weight to enneagrams.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"