User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Default For Those Who Wish To Clip Their Wings: The Trifix (aka Tritype)

(Note: Trifix not Triad)

Apparently some people are in favor of picking one type from each triad (heart, head, gut) that you've scored highest on or relate to the most instead of having a wing that you share motivations and fears with. For example, A 2 that ocasionally deals with anxiety by distracting themselves, and deals with anger by controlling their surrondings, would be a 2-7-8, and would be different to a different two that deals with anxiety with vigilance, distrust of authority, and anger by being self critical, which would be 2-6-1.

You can even just base these on what you score highest on in the test, though you'd ignore another type that's within your triad of course (that is, there's no 8-9-1 type :P).

Some people even try to work out the wings of these that they relate to most... like you'd have a 2w3-7w6-8w9. Though I would have thought it'd be a better idea to just say that you just don't relate to the remaining three enneagram types...

Many people have stated that you need to have a lot of awareness of yourself and a solid understanding of the enneagram before you can work out your tritype/trifix with any kind of certainty. So using your test scores is probably not the most accurate way to work it out for good (it's a nice place to start though I think).

I'd probably type myself as a 7-9-3, based on my test scores and which types I somewhat relate too. Has anyone who's already done this found it useful at all?
    5 3 9

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'll need some serious help before I can make heads or tails out of my Enneagram type. I score high on 5 and 7, and fairly well on 6 8 and 9. When I look at the Enneagram types, and figure what kind of trifix would probably suit me. I'd go 7-5-6.

But since I don't really understand this system well, I just don't know. :p
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'll need some serious help before I can make heads or tails out of my Enneagram type. I score high on 5 and 7, and fairly well on 6 8 and 9. When I look at the Enneagram types, and figure what kind of trifix would probably suit me. I'd go 7-5-6.

But since I don't really understand this system well, I just don't know. :p
    5, 6 and 7 are all part of the head triad, for a trifix, you need one type from each triad . I always thought you were a 9 btw, not sure why but it seems to fit. It might be easier to work out which triad you relate to the most first, check out black cats thread on it.
    Last edited by Asterion; 01-06-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: gramARRRGHHH!
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    5, 6 and 7 are all part of the head triad, for a trifix, you need one type from each triad . I always thought you were a 9 btw, not sure why but it seems to fit. It might be easier to work out which triad you relate to the most first, check out black cats thread on it.
    Nowadays thinking, definatly. Although I would've related to Instinctive when I was 18-21 (I was pretty psychologically unhealthy back then though, it's more the weaknesses I related to back then, not so much the strengths.). And thinking 21-now. Although, I've not felt insecure in ages (think it has to do with a change in expectations mainly) and whenever I experience anxiety it's a pretty weak emotion that I can control fairly easily.

By the way, I don't relate to 9 at all. It's just my sense of justice that makes me appear that way, but it's really all for personal gain. Enneagram 9 seems very unselfish, and I find myself to be quite selfish.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Nowadays thinking, definatly. Although I would've related to Instinctive when I was 18-21 (I was pretty psychologically unhealthy back then though, it's more the weaknesses I related to back then, not so much the strengths.). And thinking 21-now. Although, I've not felt insecure in ages (think it has to do with a change in expectations mainly) and whenever I experience anxiety it's a pretty weak emotion that I can control fairly easily.
    Considering that, you might be a 6. Disintegration into 3 would explain why you related to the instinctive triad, and that would explain why you score well on 9 as well (6 integrates into 9). The thing is, when you were younger, were you like a three at all? For one, you may have felt worthless...
    5 3 9

Phantonym

This seems pretty interesting. I've only dabbled in the Enneagram a little. I mostly test as a 4w5 and can relate to the description for the most part. Sometimes I get 5w4 and while I can relate to a large part of the description as well, I still feel that I lean towards 4w5.

I took a test just now and based on that I'd probably type myself as a 4-9-5 (strongest to weakest positioning, as the test gave me; I'm not even sure how reliable the test is but whatever) which seems plausible.

What would be the difference if the standing would be 4-5-9?

But it does seem interesting, so I'll keep on digging to get a better understanding of all this. Thanks, KOD.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Considering that, you might be a 6. Disintegration into 3 would explain why you related to the instinctive triad, and that would explain why you score well on 9 as well (6 integrates into 9). The thing is, when you were younger, were you like a three at all? For one, you may have felt worthless...
    I have to say that my unhealthy period was caused by an external trauma that caused internal conflict. Not something that originated internally.

I do relate to three. It's not really that I fear I feel worthless. Rather a fear of my life being pointless, even though I can't say what the meaning of life really is. But I do know that giving up or doing nothing is definatly not the meaning of life. So it must be something else. So through process of elimination, I find myself to be quite driven. I definatly don't want to blend in. So I suppose three seems to fit pretty well.

The funny thing is, this sensation didn't occur until after the trauma. At first in overdrive, once I healthied up when I was 21 it still stayed though, but much more controlled.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I have to say that my unhealthy period was caused by an external trauma that caused internal conflict. Not something that originated internally.

I do relate to three. It's not really that I fear I feel worthless. Rather a fear of my life being pointless, even though I can't say what the meaning of life really is. But I do know that giving up or doing nothing is definatly not the meaning of life. So it must be something else. So through process of elimination, I find myself to be quite driven. I definatly don't want to blend in. So I suppose three seems to fit pretty well.

The funny thing is, this sensation didn't occur until after the trauma. At first in overdrive, once I healthied up when I was 21 it still stayed though, but much more controlled.
    Just about to sleep when I realized I got that wrong

I mixed up heart and instinct... which would make you a seven, can't be sure though, 7 disintegrates to 1 (instinctive), integrates to 5 (head). Still sure you're an INTP? There are INTP 7s around though.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    This seems pretty interesting. I've only dabbled in the Enneagram a little. I mostly test as a 4w5 and can relate to the description for the most part. Sometimes I get 5w4 and while I can relate to a large part of the description as well, I still feel that I lean towards 4w5.

I took a test just now and based on that I'd probably type myself as a 4-9-5 (strongest to weakest positioning, as the test gave me; I'm not even sure how reliable the test is but whatever) which seems plausible.

What would be the difference if the standing would be 4-5-9?
    no idea as of yet, It's quite hard to come across any information about this apart from blogs and posts on forums. I think the Trifix system was designed by Fauvre... but I can't even find info on that

But it does seem interesting, so I'll keep on digging to get a better understanding of all this. Thanks, KOD.
    My pleasure, BlackCat has paved most of the road, and so has the magic p. I think
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The way that I do trifixes is with wings. Being more specific is very good! I'm 9w8-6w5-3w4. I also think that the order you put things in is sort of like the order you relate to the types; similar to the instincts. You have your base, a secondary that isn't your main but you're still aware of and influenced by, and (this description isn't really correlated to the instincts) one that you relate to the least but still manifests itself in you quite a bit.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)