• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] For Those Who Wish To Clip Their Wings: The Trifix (aka Tritype)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(Note: Trifix not Triad)

Apparently some people are in favor of picking one type from each triad (heart, head, gut) that you've scored highest on or relate to the most instead of having a wing that you share motivations and fears with. For example, A 2 that ocasionally deals with anxiety by distracting themselves, and deals with anger by controlling their surrondings, would be a 2-7-8, and would be different to a different two that deals with anxiety with vigilance, distrust of authority, and anger by being self critical, which would be 2-6-1.

You can even just base these on what you score highest on in the test, though you'd ignore another type that's within your triad of course (that is, there's no 8-9-1 type :p).

Some people even try to work out the wings of these that they relate to most... like you'd have a 2w3-7w6-8w9. Though I would have thought it'd be a better idea to just say that you just don't relate to the remaining three enneagram types... :mellow:

Many people have stated that you need to have a lot of awareness of yourself and a solid understanding of the enneagram before you can work out your tritype/trifix with any kind of certainty. So using your test scores is probably not the most accurate way to work it out for good (it's a nice place to start though I think).

I'd probably type myself as a 7-9-3, based on my test scores and which types I somewhat relate too. Has anyone who's already done this found it useful at all?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll need some serious help before I can make heads or tails out of my Enneagram type. I score high on 5 and 7, and fairly well on 6 8 and 9. When I look at the Enneagram types, and figure what kind of trifix would probably suit me. I'd go 7-5-6.

But since I don't really understand this system well, I just don't know. :p

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll need some serious help before I can make heads or tails out of my Enneagram type. I score high on 5 and 7, and fairly well on 6 8 and 9. When I look at the Enneagram types, and figure what kind of trifix would probably suit me. I'd go 7-5-6.

But since I don't really understand this system well, I just don't know. :p

5, 6 and 7 are all part of the head triad, for a trifix, you need one type from each triad ;). I always thought you were a 9 btw, not sure why but it seems to fit. It might be easier to work out which triad you relate to the most first, check out black cats thread on it.

Last edited:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5, 6 and 7 are all part of the head triad, for a trifix, you need one type from each triad ;). I always thought you were a 9 btw, not sure why but it seems to fit. It might be easier to work out which triad you relate to the most first, check out black cats thread on it.

Nowadays thinking, definatly. Although I would've related to Instinctive when I was 18-21 (I was pretty psychologically unhealthy back then though, it's more the weaknesses I related to back then, not so much the strengths.). And thinking 21-now. Although, I've not felt insecure in ages (think it has to do with a change in expectations mainly) and whenever I experience anxiety it's a pretty weak emotion that I can control fairly easily.

By the way, I don't relate to 9 at all. It's just my sense of justice that makes me appear that way, but it's really all for personal gain. Enneagram 9 seems very unselfish, and I find myself to be quite selfish.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nowadays thinking, definatly. Although I would've related to Instinctive when I was 18-21 (I was pretty psychologically unhealthy back then though, it's more the weaknesses I related to back then, not so much the strengths.). And thinking 21-now. Although, I've not felt insecure in ages (think it has to do with a change in expectations mainly) and whenever I experience anxiety it's a pretty weak emotion that I can control fairly easily.

Considering that, you might be a 6. Disintegration into 3 would explain why you related to the instinctive triad, and that would explain why you score well on 9 as well (6 integrates into 9). The thing is, when you were younger, were you like a three at all? For one, you may have felt worthless...

P

Phantonym

This seems pretty interesting. I've only dabbled in the Enneagram a little. I mostly test as a 4w5 and can relate to the description for the most part. Sometimes I get 5w4 and while I can relate to a large part of the description as well, I still feel that I lean towards 4w5.

I took a test just now and based on that I'd probably type myself as a 4-9-5 (strongest to weakest positioning, as the test gave me; I'm not even sure how reliable the test is but whatever) which seems plausible.

What would be the difference if the standing would be 4-5-9?

But it does seem interesting, so I'll keep on digging to get a better understanding of all this. Thanks, KOD. :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Considering that, you might be a 6. Disintegration into 3 would explain why you related to the instinctive triad, and that would explain why you score well on 9 as well (6 integrates into 9). The thing is, when you were younger, were you like a three at all? For one, you may have felt worthless...

I have to say that my unhealthy period was caused by an external trauma that caused internal conflict. Not something that originated internally.

I do relate to three. It's not really that I fear I feel worthless. Rather a fear of my life being pointless, even though I can't say what the meaning of life really is. But I do know that giving up or doing nothing is definatly not the meaning of life. So it must be something else. So through process of elimination, I find myself to be quite driven. I definatly don't want to blend in. So I suppose three seems to fit pretty well.

The funny thing is, this sensation didn't occur until after the trauma. At first in overdrive, once I healthied up when I was 21 it still stayed though, but much more controlled.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to say that my unhealthy period was caused by an external trauma that caused internal conflict. Not something that originated internally.

I do relate to three. It's not really that I fear I feel worthless. Rather a fear of my life being pointless, even though I can't say what the meaning of life really is. But I do know that giving up or doing nothing is definatly not the meaning of life. So it must be something else. So through process of elimination, I find myself to be quite driven. I definatly don't want to blend in. So I suppose three seems to fit pretty well.

The funny thing is, this sensation didn't occur until after the trauma. At first in overdrive, once I healthied up when I was 21 it still stayed though, but much more controlled.

Just about to sleep when I realized I got that wrong :devil:

I mixed up heart and instinct... which would make you a seven, can't be sure though, 7 disintegrates to 1 (instinctive), integrates to 5 (head). Still sure you're an INTP? There are INTP 7s around though.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This seems pretty interesting. I've only dabbled in the Enneagram a little. I mostly test as a 4w5 and can relate to the description for the most part. Sometimes I get 5w4 and while I can relate to a large part of the description as well, I still feel that I lean towards 4w5.

I took a test just now and based on that I'd probably type myself as a 4-9-5 (strongest to weakest positioning, as the test gave me; I'm not even sure how reliable the test is but whatever) which seems plausible.

What would be the difference if the standing would be 4-5-9?
no idea as of yet, It's quite hard to come across any information about this apart from blogs and posts on forums. I think the Trifix system was designed by Fauvre... but I can't even find info on that :blush:

But it does seem interesting, so I'll keep on digging to get a better understanding of all this. Thanks, KOD. :)

My pleasure, BlackCat has paved most of the road, and so has the magic p. I think :yes:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The way that I do trifixes is with wings. Being more specific is very good! I'm 9w8-6w5-3w4. I also think that the order you put things in is sort of like the order you relate to the types; similar to the instincts. You have your base, a secondary that isn't your main but you're still aware of and influenced by, and (this description isn't really correlated to the instincts) one that you relate to the least but still manifests itself in you quite a bit.

P

Phantonym

I also think that the order you put things in is sort of like the order you relate to the types; similar to the instincts. You have your base, a secondary that isn't your main but you're still aware of and influenced by, and (this description isn't really correlated to the instincts) one that you relate to the least but still manifests itself in you quite a bit.

Yes, that's what I was thinking about it as well. :)

If only somebody could cook up good Trifix descriptions. :whistling:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, that's what I was thinking about it as well. :)

If only somebody could cook up good Trifix descriptions. :whistling:

Don't pressure me like that! ;)

I seriously doubt that this is possible to do though. There are 54 possible combinations if you factor in wings. :shocking:

P

Phantonym

Don't pressure me like that! ;)

I seriously doubt that this is possible to do though. There are 54 possible combinations if you factor in wings. :shocking:

*cracks the whip* :popc1:

Well, it has to start from somewhere, gain momentum and in time, it's possible.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, now I just need someone with more knowledge about enneagram to help me out. Because I don't know what and what not to take into account, having had a bit of turbulent life, despite being young still. :p

About INTP I'm sure by the way. Just not enneagram type. :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, now I just need someone with more knowledge about enneagram to help me out. Because I don't know what and what not to take into account, having had a bit of turbulent life, despite being young still. :p

About INTP I'm sure by the way. Just not enneagram type. :)

Start by identifying triad- http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/25141-triad-definitions.html

Then identify with a type- 9types.com - Enneagram tests, type descriptions, forums This site isn't accurate, but it has really short very short descriptions; that you can use to get a rough idea of your type.

Then read the whole profile (links to them in thread) http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/23463-ultimate-enneagram-reference-thread.html

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Start by identifying triad- http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/25141-triad-definitions.html

Then identify with a type- 9types.com - Enneagram tests, type descriptions, forums This site isn't accurate, but it has really short very short descriptions; that you can use to get a rough idea of your type.

Then read the whole profile (links to them in thread) http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/23463-ultimate-enneagram-reference-thread.html

The thing is, I relate differently at different periods in my life. And I don't relate fully to any. :(

I read all about enneagram types and tried to type myself some time ago. But I think I may be just untypable.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing is, I relate differently at different periods in my life. And I don't relate fully to any. :(

I read all about enneagram types and tried to type myself some time ago. But I think I may be just untypable.

Yeah when people tell me this I honestly don't know what to do. :(

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah when people tell me this I honestly don't know what to do. :(

I think because of the trauma and unhealthy period I had, I might have become some kind of uber 5. And shaved off as many imperfections as possible. And using uber 5 to bridge to the good qualities mentioned in other enneagram types.

Ever since I 'reformed' myself, I've a certain view of perfection that I've forced(needed) myself to attain and became accustomed too.

That's the best I can do as far as enneagram types are concerned. It's the only way I can really explain how I function on this scale.

MBTI is different and much easier to categorize. :p

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think because of the trauma and unhealthy period I had, I might have become some kind of uber 5. And shaved off as many imperfections as possible. And using uber 5 to bridge to the good qualities mentioned in other enneagram types.

Ever since I 'reformed' myself, I've a certain view of perfection that I've forced(needed) myself to attain and became accustomed too.

That's the best I can do as far as enneagram types are concerned. It's the only way I can really explain how I function on this scale.

MBTI is different and much easier to categorize. :p

You're most likely stereotyping the enneagrams, keep a completely open mind. There are only 9 types and each type encompases a broad range of people with a broad range of different behaviours. The only problem is that you will likely relate to many types and you need to find one type that can explain why you relate to other types. It is probably a little more difficult than MBTI, but that's what makes it cool :p

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you're unsure of your wing, but you can get one 'wing' and not the other into a trifix, you might be tempted to declare the other one your wing simply to get it in somewhere, since you relate to it a lot, despite the fact that you suspect the other one may in fact be your wing.

I think this is a problem.

I'm probably 5-4-1 or 5-1-4, but also probably 5w4, and I can't work out how to incorporate 6. :huh:

Or maybe being sp is enough? For that matter, is it possible for a 6 to be anything other than sp? (Perhaps if counterphobic?)