• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] For Those Who Wish To Clip Their Wings: The Trifix (aka Tritype)

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
(Note: Trifix not Triad)

Apparently some people are in favor of picking one type from each triad (heart, head, gut) that you've scored highest on or relate to the most instead of having a wing that you share motivations and fears with. For example, A 2 that ocasionally deals with anxiety by distracting themselves, and deals with anger by controlling their surrondings, would be a 2-7-8, and would be different to a different two that deals with anxiety with vigilance, distrust of authority, and anger by being self critical, which would be 2-6-1.

You can even just base these on what you score highest on in the test, though you'd ignore another type that's within your triad of course (that is, there's no 8-9-1 type :p).

Some people even try to work out the wings of these that they relate to most... like you'd have a 2w3-7w6-8w9. Though I would have thought it'd be a better idea to just say that you just don't relate to the remaining three enneagram types... :mellow:

Many people have stated that you need to have a lot of awareness of yourself and a solid understanding of the enneagram before you can work out your tritype/trifix with any kind of certainty. So using your test scores is probably not the most accurate way to work it out for good (it's a nice place to start though I think).

I'd probably type myself as a 7-9-3, based on my test scores and which types I somewhat relate too. Has anyone who's already done this found it useful at all?

i don't know much about the theory of trifix, but based on how i feel about identifying with etype i would say i'm 4/6/9, superficially and 1/5/8 deeply. my test scores identfied me mostly with 2/4/6/7/9.

ps your avatar is grotesque, but i will endure it at this time :cheese:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you're unsure of your wing, but you can get one 'wing' and not the other into a trifix, you might be tempted to declare the other one your wing simply to get it in somewhere, since you relate to it a lot, despite the fact that you suspect the other one may in fact be your wing.

I think this is a problem.

I'm probably 5-4-1 or 5-1-4, but also probably 5w4, and I can't work out how to incorporate 6. :huh:

Or maybe being sp is enough? For that matter, is it possible for a 6 to be anything other than sp? (Perhaps if counterphobic?)

I saw a one word description of 6 sp, sx and so just a while ago... I can't find it now though lol. A counterphobic six would have to be sx, unless they're scared of getting what they want, which is quite possible. A social insinct would be entirely possible, without question.

Chloe

I'd probably type myself as a 7-9-3, based on my test scores and which types I somewhat relate too. Has anyone who's already done this found it useful at all?

Yeah. I can clearly see that during stress I first react as 3, then as 9. 6 is always on/off.

so i'd be 3 - 9 - 6 -

or
3w2 - 9 - 6w7

I also noticed that when I'm doing something I dont want to really do... I go short into 3, and then into 9.... it's good alarm to see am i acting like myself.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a 4w3-2w1-8w7

redacted

I like this idea, it solves a few problems.

I'm 5/9/2 or 5w6/9w1/2w3

psyche

I've found the trifix most useful in a relational context.

For example, I'm 4-1-5 and my SO is 5-8-4. In general, we don't have much conflict around the 4/5 stuff, but our 1-8 dynamic can be problematic.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm a 4w5-7w6-9w8?? the first two are easy, but it's hard for me to find a wing for 9 because 8 and 1 are the two types i score the least as.

it works for me because i feel like my true self is a 4w5, but i definitely have a restless, adventurous, scattered side to me. i used to think i was a 7. and i feel like i turn into an unhealthy 9 when i'm stressed or uncomfortable. i get shy and complacent and apathetic.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
hmmm....

If I were to pick the one from each triad I relate to the most, it would be 4, 7, 8

EDIT: or now that I think about it-- 4w3, 7w8, 8w7

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, I was thinking i was maybe a 5-4-9, but now it looks like i'm more of a 5-4-1.
If I had to put wings on it it would be 5w6 - 4w5 - 1w9