• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pick one song for each Enneagram type

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's an interesting one. I think it could represent Four (he seems envious and dressed in an unusual way) disintegrating towards Two under stress (becoming needy and manipulative) or I think more likely Two (seems he was happy enough to take on the invisible, indispensible 'helper' role to start with and now expects to be wanted in return) disintegrating towards Eight under stress (becoming aggressive and threatening).

Well, you have to look at the complexity of it - the 4 sometimes idealizes the idea of being "saved" which is what he does "for her" ... in fact, I know what you mean about him acting like an 8. I look at the man and woman both, the overall feel of the song and video.

The aesthetic quality of the video strikes me as 4, and so does the fact that the song over all is "expressive, dramatic, self-absorbed, and temperamental" which is a text book definition of 4. I think there are touches here upon the 4w3 aristocratic idealized self, too.

(You could be right about this being an unhealthy 2 - I'm fairly sure I'm a 4w3 but have actually questioned I could be a 2 because a healthy 2 can seem like a 4, and an unhealthy one an 8.)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All I can post is four because I am a four so that is all I care about, self-absorbed elitist that I am.

YouTube - Boys Dont Cry : The Cure

how do you people get it to show the video right on your post?

:wubbie:

(Post like this [you_tube="[I]address here[/I]"]WORDS HERE[/you_tube] )
Take out the _ though.

Good one. Just about anything by the Cure seems 4-ish.

Crying by Roy Orbison, who was surely a 4.

YouTube - Crying - Roy Orbison

Four

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mPO0VYtD3w"]Cemetry Gates[/YOUTUBE]

I also like all the use of Pet Shop Boys :D

------

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw97oth25Vg"]Interpol PDA[/YOUTUBE]

FeatheredFrenzy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram a la Beach Boys!

Fives, Sixes, Sevens :hug:

[YOUTUBE="3QCZ_bv9aLc"]Don't worry baby[/YOUTUBE]

Fives

[YOUTUBE="l71pbhqnvNM"]In my room[/YOUTUBE]

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram 9

[youtube=1XcxFNONz64]Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River [/youtube]

[youtube=mIjZE4kcg_Q]Slow Ride- Foghat [/youtube]

_Violence_

ISTP (maybe INTP as well? or do they listen to soil composition or something like that?)

[YOUTUBE="kfshEBZdj5c"]Artificial Sunlight[/YOUTUBE]

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Four-

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bueuGw47IG0"]...[/YOUTUBE]

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, you have to look at the complexity of it - the 4 sometimes idealizes the idea of being "saved" which is what he does "for her" ... in fact, I know what you mean about him acting like an 8. I look at the man and woman both, the overall feel of the song and video.

The aesthetic quality of the video strikes me as 4, and so does the fact that the song over all is "expressive, dramatic, self-absorbed, and temperamental" which is a text book definition of 4. I think there are touches here upon the 4w3 aristocratic idealized self, too.
That's true, the overall tone is Four-like.

(You could be right about this being an unhealthy 2 - I'm fairly sure I'm a 4w3 but have actually questioned I could be a 2 because a healthy 2 can seem like a 4, and an unhealthy one an 8.)
Oh, I wouldn't think that's likely the case. :) A Two can seem like an Eight if chronically acting out under stress, but the Direction of Integration doesn't work in the same way: all it tells you is which positive key quality people of each type suppress or neglect when maintaining their self-image, and so will be opening themselves up to most significantly when moving up the Levels. A healthy Two therefore won't seem like a Four, they'll just have allowed themselves to start looking for, noticing and expressing their own needs to a more normal degree - abilities most embodied by type Four.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I can't believe no one's done this yet!

Nine-

[YOUTUBE="okd3hLlvvLw"]Imagine[/YOUTUBE]

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I may be projecting, but I think this video along with this music is very well suited to type 6.

<-6w7 :O :coffee:

[youtube=dqBeEqGC-W4]Zero 7-End Theme[/youtube]

FeatheredFrenzy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
If I wasn't a type 6 before, I'm sure I will be by the end of this song. Way to make a person nervous!

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Five, grappling with integration towards Eight...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y5FKdGLdPM"]A Rush and a Push[/YOUTUBE]

3w4 Sexual variant

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNgSy8HGWkk"]Vogue, Madonna[/YOUTUBE]

cellar door

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Fours:
Where Have You Been? by Manchester Orchestra
Lover I Don't Have To Love by Bright Eyes
Let Go by Frou Frou
Wish You Were Here by Incubus

Speed Gavroche