First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I would think this would happen with those examples you just gave, because those types are so similar, and a lot of people probably fall inbetween them. You would think some of them should be adjacent. Like 3 and 7 will have similarities, with 3 being like a cross between 7 and 8; yet 8 and 9 (which being adjacent have wings of each other) are like night and day, and you would think would be far from each other.
    On the contrary, I find 3s and 7s being considered alike to be much like saying a peaceful 9 and a people-pleasing 2 are similar (which I've already delved into). A 3 may appear more 7-like because--by working for success, achievement, and personal pride--it's similar to the 7's constant pursuit of the happier essences of life. Therefore, a 7 might pursue the same ambitions as a 3 just to achieve happiness, while a 3 wants to achieve approval. A 7 is not in constant competition in the same sense that a 3 is. As I said, a 7 is more concerned about their own happiness than the happiness brought about by other's approval. Again, similar behavior with different motives.

Also, I see no point in having such alike behaviors aligned as wings. If you already have one behavior, why do you need an altered version of that same one?

To comment on your dislike of the 9 and 8 wings: having met several 9w8s and an 8w9, I have seen this balancing act in motion, and have no problem with this wing alignment.

I think another thing that should be considered is people being different types along the instinctual variants (which are direct parallels to the FIRO's three areas of interaction).
    Absolutely. But why would this contradict the system I'm supporting?

I'm also curious as to your opinion of the triads, since you seem to think they're not grouped well in the enneagram.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by bcvcdc View Post
    i'm actually misanthropic because i take life seriously and i'm surrounded by jokers.
    Actually you are witty, 'cause you just made a witty comment.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Bubbles, have my babies.
    That's how much I like this post.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    You have balanced wings, then.
    Is that possible?

I've never seen anything about balanced wings, nor about type without wings.

Would balanced wings mean you were like both of your number-wing pairs, or would it mean you were closer the the description of the single number itself?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I UNDERSTAND

where's my medal?? (a diploma is fine too)

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I got a question: can we have developped the two adjascent wings in different degree?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    What does it mean if you identify equally with the two types adjacent to your number?
    It means you haven't found a method of identifying which adjacent type is your wing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I got a question: can we have developped the two adjascent wings in different degree?
    You can have developed the two adjacent types to a different degree, and the one you have developed more will be your wing.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

how did you determine a wing? if my guess is correct it was through some sort of test, no? so then you would ask yourself the validity of the test. or i would. there is a lot about type that isn't easily measured and when tests are developed its not always accurate because the questions haven't been developed to the point of depicting the heart. i go with theory first and when it doesn't hold up i may speculate some other way of viewing a system of personality. for me the way numbers line up or circulate i have more faith in adjacency than chunking, but i'm not a numbers person by nature and so, well, there ya go. just a gut feeling i have about it. could be wrong if i had a head about it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You measure wing based on what you relate to more. With the type's motivations and stuff.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by norick View Post
    Bubbles, have my babies.
    That's how much I like this post.
    She's all mine buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.