• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

4w3, 4w5, 5w4, 7w8, 9w8, 9w1 musicians

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Johnny Cash seems more 8w9 to me.

And I thought Cobain was 5w4? Going by About A Son, he seemed more 5-ish.

i don't see Fi dom at all. my second and third guesses are isfj. the intps like to claim him, but generally they seem to be the worst at typing (their goddamned persuasive lies/stories!).

I agree. It seems INTPs think anyone who is thoughtful, creative and borderline Autistic, must be INTP.

It's the same with ENTPs. Anyone who is reasonably intelligent with a sense of humor, must be ENTP.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
It's the same with ENTPs. Anyone who is reasonably intelligent with a sense of humor, must be ENTP.

You clearly don't read my posts then. Because ENTPs are statistically rare, my opinion is almost always: no he isn't, unless you can prove it.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think a lot of the 4s on the list don't seem very type 4. There are 8 other enneagrams which create creativity and uniqueness. What is the criterion for being 4 rather than any of them? I always thought 4 was more about being angsty and special and wanting to be unique. How does a relaxed guy like Bob Dylan fit into that for example? Or a thrill seeking but highly diplomatic guy like Morrison? Actually while I'm on it, how can Dylan and Morrison be the same enneagram? They might both be IFPs, but the way they exhibited that is very different. And isn't that what enneagram is more about?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Sang in Musical theatre in High School.

Played the sax for 6 years.

Played the guitar for 3.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Johnny Cash seems more 8w9 to me.

And I thought Cobain was 5w4? Going by About A Son, he seemed more 5-ish.

I agree. It seems INTPs think anyone who is thoughtful, creative and borderline Autistic, must be INTP.

do you have johnny cash as isfp? if you have cobain as 5w4, do you have him as infp? i'm mostly convinced, and i agree with your diagnosis of ntp diagnosis.

You clearly don't read my posts then. Because ENTPs are statistically rare, my opinion is almost always: no he isn't, unless you can prove it.

yeah, but you also take a lot of time to error-check your ideas. that's not necessarily normative entp behavior. that /sp helps smooth you out. Ne generally spews itself all over the place when in heat, which leads to interesting but messy results.

I think a lot of the 4s on the list don't seem very type 4. There are 8 other enneagrams which create creativity and uniqueness. What is the criterion for being 4 rather than any of them? I always thought 4 was more about being angsty and special and wanting to be unique. How does a relaxed guy like Bob Dylan fit into that for example? Or a thrill seeking but highly diplomatic guy like Morrison? Actually while I'm on it, how can Dylan and Morrison be the same enneagram? They might both be IFPs, but the way they exhibited that is very different. And isn't that what enneagram is more about?

i'll change morrison to 4w3, which makes far more sense than my previous diagnosis.

4 creativity is a particular type. i like 4, 5, 7, and sometimes 9. these types generally fit my overall sense of aesthetics best, and are what i am currently interested in discussing.

also, "create creativity?" :D what's your enneagram type? i was disappointed the mcluahan thread died before it got anywhere, i'm interested but am unfortunately not at a point where i can offer any insight/bullshit.

B

brainheart

I'm just curious what makes elliott smith 9w8 vs 9w1. I know little about the enneagram (and I'm trying to figure it out for myself), but it seems that certain qualities I've read about 9w1 would fit him, especially:

Nines with a One wing tend to be more cerebral and imaginative than those with an Eight wing. They typically withdraw under stress more than those with an Eight wing. They sometimes find it difficult to ground themselves. They tend to lose focus and can get lost in worlds of their imagination.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just curious what makes elliott smith 9w8 vs 9w1. I know little about the enneagram (and I'm trying to figure it out for myself), but it seems that certain qualities I've read about 9w1 would fit him, especially:

i've never seen an isfp 9w1. i've seen many many infp 9w1s. i think Se has a rather strong correlation with 8 and not with 1. plus elliott smith is seething underneath his gentleness (think roman candle). he doesn't seem like a reformer whatsoever. he seems devoured by his own emotions, rather than painting pictures of the world's ugliness/beauty.

B

brainheart

It seems like an isfp caught in unhealthy fi+ni could get lost in a fantasy world. What it says in what I quoted about it sometimes being hard for 9w1s to ground themselves makes me think of fi+ni, too, like if an isfp were to use their se more they would become more grounded and pragmatic. I guess I just think about him and the samurai sword and it seems like he was pretty out of touch with reality. But as I said, I know little about 9w1 vs 9w8.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
i'll change morrison to 4w3, which makes far more sense than my previous diagnosis.

4 creativity is a particular type. i like 4, 5, 7, and sometimes 9. these types generally fit my overall sense of aesthetics best, and are what i am currently interested in discussing.

also, "create creativity?" :D what's your enneagram type? i was disappointed the mcluahan thread died before it got anywhere, i'm interested but am unfortunately not at a point where i can offer any insight/bullshit.

I'm 7w6. The 6 can be quite obvious sometimes :). I don't know that much either when it comes to enneagram, like I can't conclusively type any of them, something just felt out of place with a few.

From what I do know, quite a few types search the darker realms of feeling for different reasons. For example the second verse of "light my fire" (Morrison didn't write the first) sounds far more type 7 than type 4.

The time to hesitate is through
No time to wallow in the mire
Try now we can only lose
And our love become a funeral pyre
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire, yeah

It uses death and dark things, but the intent is almost anti-type 4. The dark possibilities are used to focus the listener on the light. I wouldn't be surprised if he is ENFP not INFP either. He is diplomatic in interviews and with other band members to the point of stupidity, he just pushes the limits in his songs and on the stage. Promiscuity is sort of more ENFP too. And I don't really see the type 4 individualism. His approach to music is more ENFP also, INFPs are way more accurate and detailed in my experience. From what I've heard the other band members had to make the songs musically sound.

On the "create creativity?" part, I'm not sure where my mind was :).

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What about David Hasselhoff? :yim_rolling_on_the_

:peepwall:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
yeah, but you also take a lot of time to error-check your ideas. that's not necessarily normative entp behavior. that /sp helps smooth you out. Ne generally spews itself all over the place when in heat, which leads to interesting but messy results.

Not true. Ne is a beast. Anyone who doesn't process Ne through their judging function will look messy. This is not exclusive to, or indicative, of ENTPs - just immaturity.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
i don't see Fi dom at all. my second and third guesses are isfj. the intps like to claim him, but generally they seem to be the worst at typing (their goddamned persuasive lies/stories!).

i don't really like him, as far as the beatles go, i prefer george martin.

you agree with 9w1?

I confess I go mainly by instict in his case. I just feel a strong connection, I always have, way before my introduction to MBTI. He was always my favourite member of The Beatles, despite the fact he didn't 'stand out' at all that much. Strangely, a lot of INFPs I know are also especially fond of him, plus he reminds me a lot of my INFP father and one of my friends. Frankly, I don't think we can prove or disprove what type he is; this is just my personal feeling of him, and it most likely won't change.

And yeah, I'd agree with the peaceful nature of 9w1.

BettieW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Johnny Cash a 5!? Ha! 8w9. Jerry Garcia would be a 7 or 9w8. Jimi Hendrix a 9? He liked to stand out, not blend in like a 9. 4w3 or maybe 7. Who's a 9? Meg White of the White Stripes. Linda MacCartney, too.
I've also seen John Lennon typed as a 5. No way: He was too cheery, idealistic and concerned with people/humanity. Type 7, probably w6. Remember that healthy 7s move toward point 5. (Yoko Ono is a 4w5 or 5w4.)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm not sure i'm going with all of these 100%, but this is an awesome start. 4w3 entj siouxie sioux?

I think Siouxsie may be an 8w7. She is not a 4, IMO. If she has a 4 wing, then maybe 3w4. I don't see her as dramatic or emotional as a 3w4 though, but then that could be because she is NTJ.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Siouxsie may be an 8w7. She is not a 4, IMO. If she has a 4 wing, then maybe 3w4. I don't see her as dramatic or emotional as a 3w4 though, but then that could be because she is NTJ.

i agree. we have to stop associating all sx doms with e4. i think e4 is severely overtyped around these parts. i actually don't agree with hardly any of the 4w3s in this thread any more. i need a new 4w3 reference, bc my 4w3 concept is all sorts of fucked up.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4w3
Maria Callas INFP
Tess Mattisson ENFP
Madonna? ESTP or ESFP
Lady GaGa ENFP
Kylie Minoque ENFP
Gwen Stefani ENFP
Tarja Turunen INFP

4w5
Enya INFP

7w8
Marilyn Horne ESFP or ENFP
Joyce DiDonato ENFP or ESFP
Lil Wayne INTP
Nicky Minaj ESTP
Britney Spears ESTP

8w7
Frank Sinatra ENTJ or ESTP
Michael Buble ENFP or ESTP

9w8
Jack Black ESFP

9w1
Dame Joan Sutherland INFJ, INFP or ISFJ
John Denver INFJ INFP or ISFP

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that Siouxie is a 4w3 So/Sx. Not Sx dom. And an ENTJ.

4w3
Maria Callas INFP
Tess Mattisson ENFP
Madonna? ESTP or ESFP
Lady GaGa ENFP
Kylie Minoque ENFP
Gwen Stefani ENFP
Tarja Turunen INFP

4w5
Enya INFP

7w8
Marilyn Horne ESFP or ENFP
Joyce DiDonato ENFP or ESFP
Lil Wayne INTP
Nicky Minaj ESTP
Britney Spears ESTP

8w7
Frank Sinatra ENTJ or ESTP
Michael Buble ENFP or ESTP

9w8
Jack Black ESFP

9w1
Dame Joan Sutherland INFJ, INFP or ISFJ
John Denver INFJ INFP or ISFP

Madonna: 3w4 Sx/So
Lady Gaga: 6w7 Sx/So
Kylie Minogue: 6w7 Sx/So
Gwen Stefani: 3w4 Sx/So
Britney Spears: 3w2 Sx/So ESFP
Jack Black: 7w8 ENTJ

Lil' Wayne: ENTP
Frank Sinatra: ESTJ

For Tupac, I's say that he was a 6w5. His vision of the world was not 7ish at all.