User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Johnny Cash seems more 8w9 to me.

And I thought Cobain was 5w4? Going by About A Son, he seemed more 5-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i don't see Fi dom at all. my second and third guesses are isfj. the intps like to claim him, but generally they seem to be the worst at typing (their goddamned persuasive lies/stories!).
    I agree. It seems INTPs think anyone who is thoughtful, creative and borderline Autistic, must be INTP.

It's the same with ENTPs. Anyone who is reasonably intelligent with a sense of humor, must be ENTP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post
    It's the same with ENTPs. Anyone who is reasonably intelligent with a sense of humor, must be ENTP.

You clearly don't read my posts then. Because ENTPs are statistically rare, my opinion is almost always: no he isn't, unless you can prove it.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Because ENTPs are statistically rare, my opinion is almost always: no he isn't, unless you can prove it.
    No U!

To the OP: Bat For Lashes, seems like a 4, not sure of wing.

I think a lot of the 4s on the list don't seem very type 4. There are 8 other enneagrams which create creativity and uniqueness. What is the criterion for being 4 rather than any of them? I always thought 4 was more about being angsty and special and wanting to be unique. How does a relaxed guy like Bob Dylan fit into that for example? Or a thrill seeking but highly diplomatic guy like Morrison? Actually while I'm on it, how can Dylan and Morrison be the same enneagram? They might both be IFPs, but the way they exhibited that is very different. And isn't that what enneagram is more about?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Sang in Musical theatre in High School.

Played the sax for 6 years.

Played the guitar for 3.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post
    Johnny Cash seems more 8w9 to me.

And I thought Cobain was 5w4? Going by About A Son, he seemed more 5-ish.

I agree. It seems INTPs think anyone who is thoughtful, creative and borderline Autistic, must be INTP.

do you have johnny cash as isfp? if you have cobain as 5w4, do you have him as infp? i'm mostly convinced, and i agree with your diagnosis of ntp diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    You clearly don't read my posts then. Because ENTPs are statistically rare, my opinion is almost always: no he isn't, unless you can prove it.
    yeah, but you also take a lot of time to error-check your ideas. that's not necessarily normative entp behavior. that /sp helps smooth you out. Ne generally spews itself all over the place when in heat, which leads to interesting but messy results.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I think a lot of the 4s on the list don't seem very type 4. There are 8 other enneagrams which create creativity and uniqueness. What is the criterion for being 4 rather than any of them? I always thought 4 was more about being angsty and special and wanting to be unique. How does a relaxed guy like Bob Dylan fit into that for example? Or a thrill seeking but highly diplomatic guy like Morrison? Actually while I'm on it, how can Dylan and Morrison be the same enneagram? They might both be IFPs, but the way they exhibited that is very different. And isn't that what enneagram is more about?
    i'll change morrison to 4w3, which makes far more sense than my previous diagnosis.

4 creativity is a particular type. i like 4, 5, 7, and sometimes 9. these types generally fit my overall sense of aesthetics best, and are what i am currently interested in discussing.

also, "create creativity?" what's your enneagram type? i was disappointed the mcluahan thread died before it got anywhere, i'm interested but am unfortunately not at a point where i can offer any insight/bullshit.

brainheart

I'm just curious what makes elliott smith 9w8 vs 9w1. I know little about the enneagram (and I'm trying to figure it out for myself), but it seems that certain qualities I've read about 9w1 would fit him, especially:

Nines with a One wing tend to be more cerebral and imaginative than those with an Eight wing. They typically withdraw under stress more than those with an Eight wing. They sometimes find it difficult to ground themselves. They tend to lose focus and can get lost in worlds of their imagination.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I'm just curious what makes elliott smith 9w8 vs 9w1. I know little about the enneagram (and I'm trying to figure it out for myself), but it seems that certain qualities I've read about 9w1 would fit him, especially:
    i've never seen an isfp 9w1. i've seen many many infp 9w1s. i think Se has a rather strong correlation with 8 and not with 1. plus elliott smith is seething underneath his gentleness (think roman candle). he doesn't seem like a reformer whatsoever. he seems devoured by his own emotions, rather than painting pictures of the world's ugliness/beauty.

brainheart

It seems like an isfp caught in unhealthy fi+ni could get lost in a fantasy world. What it says in what I quoted about it sometimes being hard for 9w1s to ground themselves makes me think of fi+ni, too, like if an isfp were to use their se more they would become more grounded and pragmatic. I guess I just think about him and the samurai sword and it seems like he was pretty out of touch with reality. But as I said, I know little about 9w1 vs 9w8.

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i'll change morrison to 4w3, which makes far more sense than my previous diagnosis.

4 creativity is a particular type. i like 4, 5, 7, and sometimes 9. these types generally fit my overall sense of aesthetics best, and are what i am currently interested in discussing.

also, "create creativity?" what's your enneagram type? i was disappointed the mcluahan thread died before it got anywhere, i'm interested but am unfortunately not at a point where i can offer any insight/bullshit.
    I'm 7w6. The 6 can be quite obvious sometimes . I don't know that much either when it comes to enneagram, like I can't conclusively type any of them, something just felt out of place with a few.

From what I do know, quite a few types search the darker realms of feeling for different reasons. For example the second verse of "light my fire" (Morrison didn't write the first) sounds far more type 7 than type 4.

The time to hesitate is through
    No time to wallow in the mire
    Try now we can only lose
    And our love become a funeral pyre
    Come on baby, light my fire
    Come on baby, light my fire
    Try to set the night on fire, yeah
    It uses death and dark things, but the intent is almost anti-type 4. The dark possibilities are used to focus the listener on the light. I wouldn't be surprised if he is ENFP not INFP either. He is diplomatic in interviews and with other band members to the point of stupidity, he just pushes the limits in his songs and on the stage. Promiscuity is sort of more ENFP too. And I don't really see the type 4 individualism. His approach to music is more ENFP also, INFPs are way more accurate and detailed in my experience. From what I've heard the other band members had to make the songs musically sound.

On the "create creativity?" part, I'm not sure where my mind was .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.