• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram and Numerology

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone else noticed that the enneagram types coincide almost perfectly with numerology?

In both numerology and emmeagram...

1 is the Manager. They are exact, precise, very hard on themselves. Can be spiteful, don't like being told what to do, need to be #1.
2 is the Peacemaker. They are loving, supportive, need calm and harmony. Can be clingy, passive-aggressive, manipulative.
3 is the Performer. They are social, charismatic, artistic, unique, aware of their appearance. Can be immature, lack ambition, socially cruel (gossip), can love telling stories so much that they have trouble keeping secrets.
4 is the Teacher. They're particular, don't have many friends, don't take criticism well, often very insecure, but when living on the positive side, their creativity makes them talented at trouble-shooting and they make excellent teachers.
5 is the Free Spirit. They're compassionate, curious, independent, often impractical, eccentric and impulsive, enjoy escapism. Most likely to rebel.
6 is the Nurturer. Responsible, cautious, no-nonsense, socially acceptable, tends to project emotions (if mom's not happy, nobody's happy), sometimes controlling.
7 is the Spiritualist. Introspective, noncomformist, trouble expressing emotions, sometimes anxious and/or anti-social.
8 is the Executive. Practical, blunt, black-and-white view of the world, often aggressive. Either king of the hill or scraping self up from the floor.
9 is the Humanitarian. Often looked to for leadership without them wanting to lead. Peaceful, quiet strength, can hold grudges and have ego issues.

In numberology...

1, 5 and 7 are the Thinking numbers.
2, 4 and 8 are the Practical numbers.
3, 6 and 9 are the Feeling numbers.

1, 5 and 7 are prone to physical addictions: alcohol, drugs, food, travel, exercise, knowledge (yes, collecting information can be an addiction), OCD, etc.

2, 4 and 8 are prone to emotional issues: anger management, unable to hear criticism, controlling (whether passively or aggressively), insecurity, depression, etc. Can be tyrannical in extreme cases.

3, 6 and 9 are prone to self-image issues: always giving to others while neglecting self, low self-esteem, emotional doormat, overblown sense of self, arrogant, narcissistic, etc. Megalomaniac tendendies in extreme cases.

This is just sort of skimming the top. I can go more in-depth with my theories if you guys are interested.

What do you think?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: I'm adding this since people are interested in knowing how to figure out their numerology numbers.

LIFE PATH: This is the most important number in your chart. It's the core of who you are.

Let’s use the birthdate 4/19/1983. So, I add it up this way: 4+1+9+1+9+8+3 = 35, 3 + 5 = 8. The Life Path number is 8.

ATTITUDE: This is your second most important number and effects how you express your Life Path number. It's how a casual acquaintance might view you.

The date is 4/19, 4+1+9 = 14, 1 + 5 = 5, so the Attitude number is 5.

BIRTHDAY: The day you're born gives you an idea of the energy you express. Think of it as your body language. This is a person's first impression of you.

The birth day is 19, 1+9 = 10, 1+0 = 1. So the Birth Date is 1.

That's how you break down your date of birth to figure out your core numbers.

Now, to figure out your name.

USE THIS CHART.

Use the name that you identify yourself with. Usually just your first and last name. Most people don't go around introducing themselves with their first, middle(s) and last. If you always identify yourself using your nickname (or a pseudonym), you use that.

A man named Michael Sanders who calls himself Mike should be broken down as Mike Sanders.

I have a friend whose name is David Hendricks but everyone calls him Toad. Even his mother calls him Toad. So, we simply break down the name Toad.

Your name is the most fluid part of your numerological chart and can change as you wish it to. The only time you use your full birth name with no changes is when figuring your destiny number.

SOUL NUMBER: Your Soul number is what you feel, what you want, what you need. It's the side of you that is the least obvious because it is not a side of a person's personality that is usually projected.

To figure out your Soul Number, you use only the vowels.

We will use the name Mary Riley.

That would be A+I+E, which would be 1+9+5 = 15, 1+ 5 = 6.

Mary Riley’s Soul Number would be 6.

NOTE: If you have a name like Lynn or Sylvia or Sylvester, the Y would act as a vowel and you will factor it into your Soul Number. If your name is something like Maryanne, the Y would not act as a vowel because of the vowel next to it and would not be factored into your Soul Number. If you’re not sure how to break down your name because of this kind of confusion, just ask me in the thread or through PM.

PERSONALITY NUMBER: This is the flip side of soul, the side of your personality that you project.

Again, using Mary Riley.

M+R+Y+R+L+Y, which would be 4+9+7+9+3+7 = 39, 3+9 = 12, 1+2 = 3.

Mary Riley’s Personality Number would be 3.

DESTINY NUMBER: This is a general guide of what direction you should take in life to be happy and fulfilled.

You use your full birth name for this one. Let’s say the name is Mary Anne Riley. You would add up every single letter and break it down to a single digit. I trust you know how to do it by now.

Mary Riley’s Destiny number is 7.

So, her chart would look like this:

Life Path 8
Attitude 5
Birthday 1
Soul 6
Personality 3
Destiny 7

Ok. I think that’s everything.

Keep in mind that you don't read each number seperately. One number affects how you express another number in your chart and the placement is important. For example, if you have numbers that clash with each other in your own chart, you're going to be more conflicted and difficult to understand than someone whose numbers all flow in harmony.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's hard to integrate what I know of my numerology into enneagram. I'm a 4, but all my numerology numbers are odd.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably not all that odd, just not very well explained. If you want to PM me you birthdate and (if you're comfortable) name I can write it up for you. Your choice. :)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My birth date = 1
My name = 3
My vowels = 5
My consonants = 7

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Doesn't quite work that way.

Your entire birth date is your life path number, which you say is a 1.

Your month + birth day is your attitude number. This is also very important.

The day you were born also factors in.

Also, you use the name that you identify yourself with. Usually just your first and last name. Most people don't go around introducing themselves with their first, middle(s) and last. If you always identify yourself using your nickname (or a pseudonym), you use that. Your name is the most fluid part of your numerological chart and can change as you wish them to. The only time you use your full birth name is when figuring your destiny number.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I was born on the 4th. There y'go.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
1, 5 and 7 are prone to physical addictions: alcohol, drugs, food, travel, exercise, knowledge (yes, collecting information can be an addiction), OCD, etc.
Isn't that the truth.
So I put my name into a numerology calculator and this is what I got:

Your Expression number is 11. The number 11 is the first of the master numbers. It is associated with idealistic concepts and rather spiritual issues. Accordingly, it is a number with potentials that are somewhat more difficult to live up to. You have the capacity to be inspirational, and the ability to lead merely by your own example. An inborn inner strength and awareness can make you an excellent teacher, social worker, philosopher, or advisor. No matter what area of work you pursue, you are very aware and sensitive to the highest sense of your environment. Your intuition is very strong; in fact, many psychic people and those involved in occult studies have the number 11 expression. You possess a good mind with keen analytical ability. Because of this you can probably succeed in most lines of work, however, you will do better and be happier outside of the business world. Oddly enough, even here you generally succeed, owing to your often original and unusual approach. Nonetheless, you are more content working with your ideals, rather than dollars and cents.

The positive aspect of the number 11 expression is an always idealistic attitude. Your thinking is long term, and you are able to grasp the far-reaching effects of actions and plans. You are disappointed by the shortsighted views of many of your contemporaries. You are deeply concerned and supportive of art, music, or of beauty in any form.

The negative attitudes associated with the number 11 expression include a continuous sense of nervous tension; you may be too sensitive and temperamental. You tend to dream a lot and may be more of a dreamer than a doer. Fantasy and reality sometimes become intermingled and you are sometimes very impractical. You tend to want to spread the illumination of your knowledge to others irrespective of their desire or need.

I'm a skeptic, and like to do this kinda stuff for fun, but they used the words "idealistic", and "dreamer" one too many times for me to completely ignore.:shock: The description is almost me entirely. I put in other people's names just to see if I could relate as well, and I can't. What number are you talking about though?

My number is 11
Soul urge is 4
Dream number is 7: An Inner Dream number of 7 means:
You dream of having the opportunity to read, study, and shut yourself off from worldly distractions. You can see yourself as a teacher, mystic, or ecclesiastic, spending your life in the pursuit of knowledge and learning.<-----That's kinda similar to what you said about 7s and the pursuit of knowledge, but I don't know if that's the number you're talking about.

I used this website:What Your Name Means (Numerology)

I also used my full name:
There are 35 letters in your name.
Those 35 letters total to 173
There are 12 vowels and 23 consonants in your name

I always thought my Lifepath number was 8.

P

Phantonym

Oooh...cool...we're sharing numbers. I want in. :)

Lifepath Number is 11
Destiny Number is 4
Soul Urge Number is 11
Inner Dream Number is 2

I'm an Enneagram 4w5

I've always taken both Numerology and the Enneagram as fun things to dabble in. So is MBTI.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oooh...cool...we're sharing numbers. I want in. :)

Lifepath Number is 11
Destiny Number is 4
Soul Urge Number is 11
Inner Dream Number is 2

I'm an Enneagram 4w5

I've always taken both Numerology and the Enneagram as fun things to dabble in. So is MBTI.

How do I find out what my numbers are? Where is a good place to start with numerology?

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My number is 11
Soul urge is 4
Dream number is 7

I used this website:What Your Name Means (Numerology)

I always thought my Lifepath number was 8.

Ok, I'll do a very general breakdown for you. Keep in mind that I'm doing this all from memory and I don't have my books with me to reference, so if something seems off, it's probably my fault because I've forgotten something. I can go back and correct once I figure out what I did with my books.

So, what they did used only your name.

So, your Soul number is what you feel, what you want, what you need. It's the side of you that is the least obvious because it is not a side of a person's personality that is usually projected.

Yours is 4. You like for people to acknowledge that you know what you are talking about. 4s tend to become experts at their preferred subjects so if a 4 claims to be an authority on something, they probably are. But, if a 4 happens to be wrong, they have a difficult time admitting it because they take criticism poorly. They're more emotional than they want to admit. 4s are also home-oriented and need to feel physically and often financially secure or they'll be unhappy.

By Dream, they mean Personality. This is the flip side of soul, the side of your personality that you project.

Yours is 7. (I don't remember everything about this one and I don't have my books with me, so please forgive if this doesn't seem quite right.) 7s tend to be the most spiritual of the numbers. They are sensitive people who should listen to their instincts. They're the most cerebral and tend to live in their head. People often misinterprit the 7's thoughtfulness as cold or aloof, but in fact, they are the ultimate observers and their quitness tends to stem from the fact that they're sitting back and taking it all in.

By Expression, they mean Destiny. This is a general guide of what direction you should take in life to be happy.

Yours is 11. The 11 is a very sensitive, very compassionate number with a drive to make things better for everyone. 11s have a unique understanding of emotions. They don't like to see people hurting.

Your Life Path may very well be an 8. You use your birthdate for that. Mine, for example, is 4/19/1983. So, I add it up this way: 4+1+9+1+9+8+3 = 35, 3 + 5 = 8. My Life Path number is 8. I was born on 4/19, 4+1+9 = 14, 1 + 5 = 5, so my Attitude number is 5. My birth day is 19, 1+9 = 10, 1+0 = 1.

Life Path 8
Attitude 5
Birth Day 1

That's how you break down your date of birth to figure out your core numbers.

Make sense?

Phew, didn't mean to do analyzing in here. ;)

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do I find out what my numbers are? Where is a good place to start with numerology?

You know, hang on a moment. I'll edit my original post so everyone knows how to do it without digging through the thread.

3:39 PM: There we go, all updated.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
So, what they did used only your name.

So, your Soul number is what you feel, what you want, what you need. It's the side of you that is the least obvious because it is not a side of a person's personality that is usually projected.

Yours is 4. You like for people to acknowledge that you know what you are talking about. 4s tend to become experts at their preferred subjects so if a 4 claims to be an authority on something, they probably are. But, if a 4 happens to be wrong, they have a difficult time admitting it because they take criticism poorly. They're more emotional than they want to admit. 4s are also home-oriented and need to feel physically and often financially secure or they'll be unhappy.

By Dream, they mean Personality. This is the flip side of soul, the side of your personality that you project.

Yours is 7. (I don't remember everything about this one and I don't have my books with me, so please forgive if this doesn't seem quite right.) 7s tend to be the most spiritual of the numbers. They are sensitive people who should listen to their instincts. They're the most cerebral and tend to live in their head. People often misinterprit the 7's thoughtfulness as cold or aloof, but in fact, they are the ultimate observers and their quitness tends to stem from the fact that they're sitting back and taking it all in.

By Expression, they mean Destiny. This is a general guide of what direction you should take in life to be happy.

Yours is 11. The 11 is a very sensitive, very compassionate number with a drive to make things better for everyone. 11s have a unique understanding of emotions. They don't like to see people hurting.

Make sense?

Phew, didn't mean to do analyzing in here. ;)
Absolutely, thanks for taking the time to do that! So how do you tie this into Enneagram? I usually come out a 7,3, or 4, can't say which one I am exactly, sx/so variant. The numerology descriptions you gave of me sound extremely NF and pretty much me back and forth. Do yours sound SP?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Birthday: 30th of July 1983

Life path (my core): 4
Attitude (how a casual acquaintance may view me): 1
Birthday (1st impression): 3

It's all perfect. To people close to me I am a teacher (4). I cant take critique at all. I insist on being fair and correct in everything(1). That mostly tho only expresses itself when for example playing card games with acquaintanes (I dont have much of 4). And the 3 is a good 1st impression of me. Most people are disappointmented after gettin to now me then.

-----------

Soul Number (what I feel / want): 8
Personality Number (the one I project): 3
Destiny number: 1

ya good too :D

Feels good as always :D

Cool test :)

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
how does going by different names change this?
everyone here where i live calls me by my middle name - but my family and friends in the United States call me by my first name.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
how does going by different names change this?
everyone here where i live calls me by my middle name - but my family and friends in the United States call me by my first name.

Some people go by a different name so that their numbers don't clash with each other. Like, if your chart is mostly made up of 1s and your name puts a 4 in your chart, which is really toxic to the 1, you might change your name so it comes out as being a 1, 5 or 7 since those are all compatible with the 1.

Or, if there's a quality a person's lacking that they think a particular number's influence would help, they could change their name to put that number in their chart.

Basically it's a mind over matter sort of thing.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok, this is too much fun! Haha.

My birthday is April 20th, so does that make my attitude a 6?

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, this is too much fun! Haha.

My birthday is April 20th, so does that make my attitude a 6?

Precisely, yes. :) And your birthday would be a 2. So you give off the feeling that you are a very sensitive person and when people talk to you they think you're responsible and capable of handling people.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay that just tripped me out! i did the name calculator and it said my number was 3...that has always been my lucky number...that trips me out kinda!

okay...haven't read it yet...sec

sounds kinda enfpish too yeah?

Your number is: 3

The characteristics of #3 are: Expression, verbalization, socialization, the arts, the joy of living.

The expression or destiny for #3:
An Expression of 3 produces a quest for destiny with words along a variety of lines that may include writing, speaking, singing, acting or teaching; our entertainers, writers, litigators, teachers, salesmen, and composers. You also have the destiny to sell yourself or sell just about any product that comes along. You are imaginative in your presentation, and you may have creative talents in the arts, although these are more likely to be latent. You are an optimistic person that seems ever enthusiastic about life and living. You are friendly, loving and social, and people like you because you are charming and such a good conversationalist. Your ability to communicate may often inspire others. It is your role in life to inspire and motivate; to raise the spirits of those around you.

The negative side of number 3 Expression is superficiality. You may tend to scatter your forces and simply be too easygoing. It is advisable for the negative 3 to avoid dwelling on trivial matters, especially gossip.