Socionics
    SEE Fi

You would know better I suppose wolfy.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Hah! You know, with all the enneagram threads you need to be shifting around, you think you'd have found the information you were looking for. Most of what anyone could tell you is in the two threads that have been stickied here now. About the original system anyway.

Maybe you just didn't feel like looking through it all.
    Actually I checked out most of the links in the two threads I stickied and found a bunch of information that helped me decide that tests, combined with self analysis, meant Seven probably does fit. In regards to the other questions I have, there were text blocks, Magic I don't cope with text blocks well!

I'm still going through stuff but asking y'all seemed quicker, when I'm interested in something my interest must be feed immediately or I lose interest and/or forget

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I would say 7w6 for you Trinity. You don't really seem aggressive or have that 8 "edge" to you at all.

And type doesn't change.

7w6s are less grounded and more visibly anxious. They are more manic. They are much more prone to bipolar personality disorder. They are mercurial and endearing. They tend to be more amiable and friendly. They are natural peter pan types who never grow up. They are the more childlike side of seven. They are more creative and fantastical. They are more excited about life and never stop dreaming. They have an attitude of wide-eyed wonderment towards the world. They are prone to blurring the distinction between fantasy and reality. They are much more "pie in the sky" thinkers. They believe in "potential" and that is a big theme in their lives. They believe in potential in others and pockets of potential in the world. They believe the "holy grail" is out there somewhere and it's just a matter of finding it. They are more likely to chase their own tail. They lack the pragmatism and realism of their seven-wing-eight siblings.

7w6s feel more of a need to "check in" with others. [in relation to decision making] Their six wing gives them a need to establish "solidarity" with people they care about. They care about how they are seen. The dense party animal stereotype offends them more. They don't like to be taken for granted as someone who is happy all the time and doesn't have problems. They want to be seen as someone who has depth of personality. They want to be seen as someone who is also "human" and can relate to how you are feeling. Their six wing causes them to be awed and apalled. They have more highs and lows. They have a good-natured sense of humor and are more natural entertainers. They tend to be funny more than they are characters.

7w6s tend to fear getting "trapped" in a rut as opposed to stuck in a rut. Their six wing makes them more likely to feel defeatism and despair. They admit to themselves the rut has "got" them in some way. They can see the walls closing in and becoming more trapped if they don't do something.

7w8s are more grounded and show less signs of anxiety. They tend to have less mood swings but bigger tempers. They can be pushy and belligerent. They are realistic and pragmatic. They are more aggressive and competitive than their six-winged siblings. They are more territorial and acquisitive. They tend to be more interested in worldly success than chasing a dream. They believe in what's possible not the holy grail. They simply persistently play the hand they are dealt the best they can. Their philosophy is similar to that Kenny Rogers song: "gotta know when to hold them when to fold them when to walk and when to run".

7w8s are the badboy/badgirl side of seven. They don't feel a need to "check in" with others. Their eight wing makes them less openly vulnerable. They relate to others from a position of strength as opposed to establishing solidarity. They assume people don't like them until they do so they don't need validation. Misconceptions of what a seven is don't really bother them personally. They don't care about how they are seen like their six-winged siblings. They value freedom more and are much more independent. They want the strings attached between them and others kept to a minimum. Their eight wing makes them more even-keeled. It takes more to excite them or make them depressed. They are more insensitive and have more of a "shocking" sense of humor and tend to be funny characters more than they have funny material.

7w8s tend to fear getting "stuck" in a rut as opposed to trapped in a rut. Their eight wing causes them to see a rut as annoying and something that ticks them off but doesn't have any power over them. Once they're out of the rut everything will be back to normal so no big deal.
    Here are some descriptions-
    Iunno, there are times I can fit most of the things in both descriptions with the exception of the 7w6 prone to mania/big mood swings and 7w8 aggressiveness. The stuff I highlighted is what is most true for me =/

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I still think seven with an eight wing.

Seven
    World View: The world is full of opportunity and options. I look forward to the future.
    Basic Desire: to be happy
    Basic Fear: of being deprived

Eight
    World View: The world is an unjust place. I am strong and I defend the innocent.
    Basic Desire: to be self-reliant
    Basic Fear: of submitting to others

Six
    World View: The world is a threatening place. I need to look to authority, but I question it.
    Basic Desire: to be secure
    Basic Fear: of being abandoned

I don't see aggressiveness in you. But I do see a strong need to be self reliant. I don't see the six description in you at all.
    The 7 World View definitely rings true, I'm more inclined to say the world is an unjust place than a threatening place and I don't have any need to look to authority. I have no clear preference for the rest of it though.

I guess one of the aspects that I see 8 in my life is at work, I've actively worked towards positions that have more authority, power, responsibility and accountability, as in I've actually sat down and decided that they are things I wanted and then made it happen. In most other aspects of my life I simply 'go with the flow'. I don't consider myself forceful, just determined (sometimes).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

I find more ENFP 7s are 7w6s while ENTPs tend to be more 7w8?

Trinity and all you enlightened Enneagramers -- I've been thinking of this recently and Trinity's comments above highlighted this. Do you think we could have different wings be dominant in different parts of our lives?

Could one, for example, be more of a 7w6, checking with peeps sort for personal relationships but be a 7w8 in a work environment? Just wondering out aloud.

Fanks!

Edit: OP - you had to sneak a BSG reference in, didn't ya?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    I find more ENFP 7s are 7w6s while ENTPs tend to be more 7w8?

Trinity and all you enlightened Enneagramers...
    IIRC there are a number of ENTPs around here claiming 7w6, some of the ENTPs I relate to the most as well. Other than that I'm not enlightened so I'll sit back and wait for others to answer *shares popcorn*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    IIRC there are a number of ENTPs around here claiming 7w6, some of the ENTPs I relate to the most as well. Other than that I'm not enlightened so I'll sit back and wait for others to answer *shares popcorn*
    True - I remember Q and Blah claiming 7w6 among others. Also among ENFPs, Syptg is a 7w8. I don't know if we have any percentages - perhaps gleaned from the enfp enneagram or entp enneagram threads or even better 7 is the perfect number thread....

I think it's purely my impression so far and something I read recently about 7w6s ~ENFPs on one of the many enneagram 7 related threads abounding, I think it was a link discussing the difference between 7w6s and 4w3s...

Either way, pass the popcorn...

Edit: I already looked through the 7 is a lucky number and ENTP thread and ENFP threads because I'm a bit curious now:

ENTPs just from these threads including those above
    7w6s: 3
    7w8s: 2
    7 no identified wing: ??

ENFPs:
    7w6: 4
    7w8: 2
    7 no identified wing: 2