• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my Type?

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
There probably should be a sub-forum in here of What's my type, but oh well...Maybe instead this thread can evolve into that with other unsure people asking here. Sorry mods, if this is in the wrong area.

There was a book that consisted of a test to find out your type. You answer the questions, tabulate the score, and try to interpret. How would you interpret results like this?

....................................Number of Answers Picked
Enneagram Type.....................of That Type
........1.......................................... 4
........4 ..........................................7

Sorry I don't do the enneagram nor pretend to understand it well. My limited understanding says 4w5 based off of this, but obviously I am not sure and would like clarification which is why asking you lovely folks to help me. Thanks in advance, Keps.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem like a reserved type (4, 5 and 9). But maybe you were just having an Fe happy day and you scored 2 because of that?

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Could you explain what you mean by 4, 5 or 9 or is that just the types you think I probably am and that the 2 is meaningless?

About my Fe....I have an uncontrollable extrovert switch...when I need to do a job involving people, I am a very much an extrovert (Yay for ENFJs although I can't stand being an extrovert myself). It contrasts quite sharply with my introvert tendencies. As soon as there is no social job, I quickly lapse into introvert mode.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That seems pretty normal.

But types 4, 5, and 9 are the Withdrawn types. As a defense they withdraw.

And 2's mainly feel unloved, so they help people to feel that they are appreciated.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm trying to figure out my Enneagram type as well Keps, found the possible mistype summaries here under each type interesting if there are a couple that you're unsure of.

Possible Mistypes for Fours

Fours and Ones are both oriented towards an ideal, although the One's ideal generally has a moral torque whereas the Four's is more aesthetic and personal. Both can also have perfectionistic streaks. But Fours tend to be self-absorbed, and, when stressed, become self-indulgent and more emotionally expressive, whereas Ones under stress become increasingly self-denying and emotionally repressed.

Fours and Twos can both be emotionally expressive, and Fours, like Twos, can experience neediness under stress, but it is Twos, especially those who have artistic inclinations, who are more likely to mistype as Fours than the converse. The principle difference centers around the fact that Twos tend to be focused on others, whereas Fours tend toward self-absorption. Fours are introspective and tend to magnify their perceived flaws whereas Twos tend to have a self-flattering self-image.

Both Threes and Fours are concerned with image and, when the wing is strong, can mistype, although here, once again, it is typically Threes who mistype as Four rather than the converse. Threes however, are generally more comfortable with self-presentation and are more likely to achieve "success" in the conventional sense of the term than are the more reclusive and self-conscious Fours. Fours are introspective whereas Threes tend to focus outward. Finally, Threes tend to detach from emotions under stress and to focus on being competent, whereas Fours are likely to want a time out to process their emotions.

Fours and Fives share many traits in common and can easily be mistyped, especially when the wing is strong. Both types are frequently introspective, intellectually inclined and prone to withdrawal. The principle difference lies in the relationship that each type has to emotional experience. Fours generally know exactly how they are feeling and are generally comfortable dealing with emotional expressions from others. Fives, on the other hand, tend to detach from direct emotional experience under stress, and need to take time to process their emotional response. Finally, Fours are more inclined to self-revelation than are Fives, who generally find self-disclosure to be especially taxing.

Fours and Sixes can mistype, especially if the Six is artistically inclined and individualistic. But Fours are less attuned to the needs and expectations of others than are Sixes, who are usually very involved with friends and family and, more generally, in affairs of the world. Sixes frequently suffer from inner conflict but they are not essentially self-absorbed. Most Sixes form interpersonal bonds quite naturally, something which doesn't come as easily to more reclusive and self-conscious Fours.

While almost the opposite in some respects, Fours and Sevens can both be unconventional, creative, and self-indulgent, and both can be attention seeking. Surprisingly, it is not especially uncommon for Sevens to mistype as Fours. When they recognize the disparity between the optimistic, fun loving persona that they project to the world and their own often anxious internal mental states, they can confuse their pain with the melancholia of type Four. Sevens are in flight from this pain however, whereas Fours often cultivate their negative mental states. Moreover, Sevens are generally far more extroverted than Fours.

It is not common for Fours and Eights to be mistaken for one another, but Fours with Three wings can present as passionate, expressive and domineering, and such behavior might generate a mistype. Eights however tend to repress from consciousness any feelings of vulnerability whereas Fours are comfortable exploring such emotions. Eights are practical people of action, Fours require a good deal of time alone and often work on projects which have no practical application.

Fours and Nines are both withdrawn types, and both can be creative and sensitive. Fours have a far darker inner mental landscape than do Nines however, who tend to detach from unpleasant emotions. Nines are conflict avoidant whereas Fours sometimes invite conflict as a means to intensify experience. Nines tend to relate well to others and to find a niche in their social circle; Fours tend to feel like misfits who can't quite find their place.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You seem like a reserved type (4, 5 and 9). But maybe you were just having an Fe happy day and you scored 2 because of that?

Uhm, my knowledge on Enneagramm seems not to be very good.
I was under the impression that the highest result on those tests indicate your type, but you seem to put other factors in there as well.

Given that my result was something like the following (can't remember the exact numbers) what would my type then be:

Type.......Score

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks Kitty.
7w6 seems to fit :)

Edit:
Ok I just retook the test, as the last time was some years ago and I think I have matured in the meantime and shifted some priorities.

Here are the results:

Typ 9 - 11.7
Typ 7 - 11
Typ 8 - 8
Typ 6 - 3

9w8 - 15.7
7w8 - 15
8w9 - 13.9
8w7 - 13.5
9w1 - 12.9
7w6 - 12.5
6w7 - 8.5