User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default Enneagram 2s and 8s

I am just looking into enneagram stuff. I still haven't determined exactly what I think. However, it appears from the descriptions that I would be a 2w1 so/sx/sp. I also seem to be a sucker for 8s, yet see the pitfalls that come with falling for an unhealthy 8.

Just a few questions:

- Who else on the board is a 2?
    - How important do you think the intinctual variants are in getting along well with someone else?
    - What types do you tend to be attracted to and how has it worked out?
    - What types do 8s tend to be?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Just FYI- Enneagram Type Two with Enneagram Type Eight

People who aren't educated in the variants won't think that they are important, just so you know.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I read that, but then they just tease you by telling you that you have to buy the book to find out what trouble the two have!

Do certain types tend towards having particular instinctual variants?

Are there other types than ENFJs that are typically 2s?

What do you consider "educated in" to mean? Do you think a lot of people just haven't read those descriptions, or that the significance of the variants' effects is downplayed by many?

i just dont believe in the existance of 2ish infx. 2=enfj

some angry esxp are 8ish, other than that it' usually extj who are 8, also some IXTj (8=direction of integration of 5).
    EXTJ have the propper Fi shadow, that explains the 8ish pattern.
    IXTj are usaully too paranoid, to perform a decent 8 persona, except maybe as family fathers. they are more like 1 and 6cp in public.

i dont take the enneagram as something rigid, you know, like "god given destiny".
    so i dont believe you "are" one type. the type is somthing in you, among other things, like other types.
    the existance of a type is a statistical probability, as there is a limited number of strategies of interacting with/realting to reality.

( it's funny how now one wants to be six. infx are often way more sixish, sometimes ninish, but they allways think of themselves as 4, just because they are introverted. that's rather understandable, and predictable. i blame it in part on the enneagram theories.)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's pretty much __FJ, with E_FJ being the most common, that are 2's. My guess is that some enneagram and MBTI types tend to have certain instinctual stackings. Like I_T_ seems to be sp/sx very commonly. I haven't really noticed much else. I'll think about this more after I take a nap.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

What about me though, nanook? I am most definitely an INFJ, yet also quite unmistakably a two. (The only other thing remotely close is a 1, but I think I struggle a lot more with feeling underappreciated and wanting to help people than with admitting and expressing anger. 4 or 9 as many INFJs are also doesn't fit me.) I am certainly not an ENFJ, even though I wondered at first because of coming out as a 2. I even started a thread about it!

i believe you, that you are a 2, because on your foto you look quite similar to me, as if you had the same cognitive functions that i have (Ni and Fe). yet your eyes are far more open, which indicates extroversion, and in this case probably dominant Fe. so i will asume that you are enfj. if you would be an NiFe type, then you would not have a natural preferenc for J, becaue NiFe people are perceivers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

The reason there is higher extroversion is because of having to develop it as a teacher. It was not my natural bent at the beginning. It's taken a lot of conscious effort to develop over time.

enfj are often shy people and extroverstion is not a synonym for outgoing social behavior, only for adaptive social relations, which can mean "leraned behavioral introversion", depending on your family. (i dont want to influence you in your view of yourself, but i can write general arguments, i guess)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Yes, I realize that enfjs often don't come across as a typical extrovert. However, my mother is an ENFJ and we are quite different in terms of how responsible we feel for everyone else's feelings around us (she suffers unreasonable amounts of guilt and will go to the ends of the earth for people) as well as how expressive we are about opinions (she is compelled to react, whereas I am more likely to work behind the scenes or not say anything at the time. She is more impulsive in that sense.). I think I am pretty adaptive socially, but I would say she is distinctly more so.