User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: ISTPs enneagram

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    5's and 7's are contradictory though how are you close to 5? 7's prefer to be enthusiastic and engaging with people to avoid being stuck in their head. 5's are stuck in their head more suffer from an inferiority complex and are not engaging with people.
    We get in our head, but dont suffer from an inferiority complex. I actually feel like I intimidate people quite a bit. Its more like i suffer from a perception that people think I am better then them and I hate that perception. It probably has to do with being around type 5 men with an inferiority complex.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    We get in our head, but dont suffer from an inferiority complex. I actually feel like I intimidate people quite a bit. Its more like i suffer from a perception that people think I am better then them and I hate that perception. It probably has to do with being around type 5 men with an inferiority complex.
    the whole concept of 5 in my opinion has to do with needing a crutch ( a thirst for knowledge) 5's are skeptical about the world around them until they acquire that knowledge sufficiently. So the way I see it 5's tend to feel insecure about a particular thing, person etc until they acquire knowledge from it. Where as one person would dive themselves into many different things 5's are very cautious(that is where the inferiority complex comes in)

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    the whole concept of 5 in my opinion has to do with needing a crutch ( a thirst for knowledge) 5's are skeptical about the world around them until they acquire that knowledge sufficiently. So the way I see it 5's tend to feel insecure about a particular thing, person etc until they acquire knowledge from it. Where as one person would dive themselves into many different things 5's are very cautious(that is where the inferiority complex comes in)
    I agree. If you read the 9 profile its a different kind of intellectual. We dont need a crutch, nor are we skeptical, or feel insecure. We will jump into things feet first with just a small subset of knowledge and learn as we go.

My son wants to be able to predict scenarios in his head. He will say "when this happens this happens right" with what he just saw. Its like he has to know whats gonna happen and how he needs to respond like its a rule or some law of physics. I respond with sometimes and leave it at I dont know. He keeps trying to come up with different scenarios and it exhausts me because are any of those actually gonna happen? Some of them are just simple validations that to me dont need some predefined thought. I think he is ISTJ. He exhausts me when he goes overboard with these and I finally just say, "I dont know, well figure it out when it happens". Its like he has to plan everything in advance, like every scenario of what could happen.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Your son sounds N to me.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Your son sounds N to me.
    Yeah, I see that. It sounds Ne to me, but grounded in reality of detailed planning instead of idealism. He is 5 years old so its still hard to tell. It seems like he has a huge desire to understand the rules of the world

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

If it were possible to be a 5 wing 8, that's the enneagram my ISTP would be.

He is pretty much a 5 though with an evil 8 side.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    If it were possible to be a 5 wing 8, that's the enneagram my ISTP would be.

He is pretty much a 5 though with an evil 8 side.

how much does it cost to buy an ISTP?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

He cost me my v-chip.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    IsTP
    Enneagram
    9/5

I pretty much tied a 5w9 or visa versa. I hear that's impossible, but I took the test correctly several times and always come out with that result. Maybe it will change as I get older.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I feel obligated to revive this thread because I finally figured out my enneagram. I'm a 9w8. Seems like a pretty good fit
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.