• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New: What's your Dominant Enneagram?

What is your DOMINANT Enneagram Type?

• 1- the reformer

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • 2- the helper

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 3-the achiever

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • 4- the individualist

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • 5- the investigator

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • 6- the loyalist

• 7- the enthusiast

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • 8- the challenger

• 9- the peacemaker

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I can't answer because I do not have a dominant Enneagram function.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4, but a lot of people who know me would guess 9 or maybe 5 if they knew about the Enneagram. What would fool them is that I look more serene than I really am, and that I also have a cerebral side. Both of those traits spring from my underlying Fourishness, though: the accommodating side because I'm too ashamed of myself to assert myself*; the cerebral side because intelligence is one of my few claims to specialness.

* Much more so in real life. Online, most of the reasons I feel defective are either invisible or easy to hide, and that allows me to assert myself whenever the need arises.

Chloe

Enneagram vs. MBTI..which has more relevance in our psyches?

have no clue, but i read theory that mbti type is your "real self", and enneagram type defense mechanism.. so depending on your health level you either act more like enneagram type, or your true self - mbti.
sometimes mbti and ennea are similar, like enfp-7,
sometimes are complete opossites like infp-3.. so person is torned inside.

that's one theory, i have no opinion is it true, since i have no clue about enneagram.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm 1, 3, 6, and 8 all about equally.

BlahBlahNounBlah said:
Enneagram has the distinct smell of bullshit, but I'll play along.

When you've got a system where you're 4 out of the 9 possible types, yeah, I would have to agree.

G

garbage

I sure am a 3w2, with 6 and 9 in my trifix

purely instinctual :doh:

Also, the whole "wing" thing is just as bogus as the notion of MBTI's tertiary, inferior, and shadow functions. Which is to say that it's completely bogus.

Also, every Enneagram test is bogus, too. None of them actually work.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm 1, 3, 6, and 8 all about equally.

That's a sign that you might be a 9. I basically tested 1 through 6. You have to read the in-depth descriptions to tell.

ETA: if the concept of wings being neighboring is as theoretical as how my tertiary cognitive process is supposed to be an S of some kind, then dang. 4 fits my second a lot better than 1 does. 9w4, then?

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I know enough about this system to say I'm either a 5 or a 6, but I don't yet know enough to narrow it down.

Edit: The more I read up on it, the more I believe I'm a 5w6 and not a 6w5. I voted 'I don't know', but I'm leaning toward 5.

Ambrosia

MBTI Type
INFP
I always score 5, but that almost seems contradictory with INFP, though I never really explored enneagram in depth. But I've also seen a few 5w4 INFP floating around...

Also, are there people who don't have a dominant enneagram as a part of the system, or do they just not fit any of them?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
6w7, Social variant. My enneagram fits better than my MBTI type, it's staggering how tight a fit it is. They fight with each other though, because there are a few traits listed under the occasional ENTP profile that work against the enneagram.

If you think the enneagram is bullshit, it's probably because you've mistyped the hell out of yourself, I can't score 6 on any of the tests because they all suck balls. It was impossible for me to work out my enneagram until I got some outside help from Marcello.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm a 5w4, though I've been thinking that I may also be 5w6. I usually score high on 4, 5, and 9. My 6 and 7 scores are usually the second highest group, though significantly lower than the top three.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
huh, I got 5 although I did this before and had 4w5 I think.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm an obvious 7w8.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
so/sx 6w7, the enneagram makes sense to me, but I think it takes a lot longer than MBTI to really get to know.

It has roots in spirituality, but is starting to become respected as a psychology.

wolfy

awsm
9w8. I did that test and 3 scored high too. I always get sx on tests.  

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||| 38%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 5 Detachment |||||| 26%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||| 38%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 54%

Your main type is Type 7
Your variant is sexual

I don't know what this means. I don't trust my test taking anymore, I think I vote what I've decided I am vs. what I am, which I'm not really sure of.

I've scored 7 on every enn. test I've taken. Although it's all been within the last year.