12311 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Ask any questions about Typology here- Enneagram, MBTI, socionics

I am well versed on all three systems. Have a nagging question that is too miniscule for a thread? Confused on your type? Think socionics is rubbish? Etc. Just post here, and I'll answer as best I can (and maybe someone else can give you an answer to your question too!).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

These questions are very... basic. But I've not found much consensus on how to answer these questions, (even among those who've written books on this subject). How would you answer? Be as brief or as thorough as you like.

1) In what sense is Feeling a judging function?

2) What is the essence of iNtuition?

3) What makes a function Introverted or Extroverted anyway?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

1) In what sense is Feeling a judging function?

Thinking is an objective judgment process, Feeling is a subjective judgment process. Fi users judge people and situations based on their own subjective views, a more "what is" process. Ne and Se expand and act on these judgments. Fi users (like Fe users) pick up on people's moods and behaviors. This happens because Fi users detect someone's attachment to an object or situation or person etc, and through Ne or Se the user can predict someone's mood. Fe is more judging people and situations based on their current state, not on "what is". Si and Ni remembers previous states of people and notices consistencies in behavior within people to predict how people will feel in a given situation, thus making these "social rules" as people call them.

2) What is the essence of iNtuition?

That's a good question. I'd say that it's based in your mind, and that your mind unconsciously makes connections from one thing to another, and we call it "intuition".

3) What makes a function Introverted or Extroverted anyway?

An introverted function is drawn inward and internalized, it's more subjective. Extroverted functions and projected outward. Take Ti vs Te for example, Ti is internal logic application and logical standards, Te is external logic application and logical standards. For this reason Ti users look at a problem and sort of filter it through their Ti system, they see the missing pieces and then through Se and Ne fill in said pieces. Te users just simply apply logic in a given situation, it's not based on a system, it's just based on what works. Te isn't really internalized like Ti is. Te standards are internalized based on Si or Ni.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

1.) Is there a good and accurate Socionics test that doesn't induce suicidal tendencies after going through the first 15 questions?

2.) What are your thoughts on visual identification and the physical characteristics that at times seem to make their way into Socionics type descriptions?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

1.) Is there a good and accurate Socionics test that doesn't induce suicidal tendencies after going through the first 15 questions?

I recently took this test and got ISFj, which is my type in socionics. However the best way to verify your type is to just read through the descriptions, read the functions and the positions of the functions, and see how it relates to you. Also looking through all of the dichotomies helps as well. Also look at quadra, and also you relations to people. It's a decent bit of work to get started on socionics. Here's a good site for looking up all of this stuff- Wikisocion home - Wikisocion It's very rewarding though when you've read up on it and actually understand it.

2.) What are your thoughts on visual identification and the physical characteristics that at times seem to make their way into Socionics type descriptions?

I think that visual identification is totally valid, but you shouldn't rely on it and shouldn't make or break your type in any way. It's just a way to get a better idea of other people. As for physical characteristics being in type descriptions, well that's totally bullshit. The best way to visually identify someone based on type is by their expressions on their face, their "normal" look. Usually when I visually identify someone I either look for quadra or which function I see. I'm accurate with visual identification also, so even if people don't believe in it, it works for me (and can work for you too).

EXAMPLES OF VISUAL IDENTIFICATION WORKING-

My socionics type is ISFj. Here are some pictures of me to start with-

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...pictureid=4838
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...pictureid=4331
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...pictureid=4839

Now look at these other ISFjs. See any similarities in expression? I dunno, they just give off a similar feel to me.

Dave Chappelle- Dave Chappelle
    Sid Vicious- Sid Vicious
    Bob Dylan- Bob Dylan
    Johnny Depp- Johnny Depp
    Some dude named Edward Murrow- Edward R. Murrow
    James Franco- James Franco
    Enrique Iglesias- Enrique Iglesias
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Thanks a lot, I'll look more into it.

As for the visual identification, I definitely do see similarities in expressions. However, I don't yet know the theory well enough to judge it objectively.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I have asked this question on another thread from one of your assumptions. What does it mean when you use the term 'Gamma' or 'Alpha'?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I have asked this question on another thread from one of your assumptions. What does it mean when you use the term 'Gamma' or 'Alpha'?
    This refers to the quadra of someone. This is sort of like temperament, but it's much more broad and descriptive of how the members of the quadra truly are.

Before you read this, keep in mind socionics is different from MBTI, and when I say roughly I mean that this is usually what MBTI type said socionics type is. There are plenty of exceptions to this rule though. Just saying.

The quadras are as follows-

Alpha- ENTp (roughly ENTP), ESFj (roughly ESFJ), INTj (roughly INTP), ISFp (roughly ISFP)
    Beta- ESTp (roughly ESTP), ENFj (roughly ENFJ), INFp (this one is odd, I know INFJs and INFPs who are INFp), and ISTj (roughly ISTJ)
    Delta- ENFp (roughly ENFP), ESTj (roughly ESTJ), ISTp (roughly ISTP), and INFj (like INFp, I've seen INFJs and INFPs be INFj).
    Gamma- ESFp (roughly ESFP), ENTj (roughly ENTJ), ISFj (roughly ISFJ), and INTp (roughly INTJ).

Alpha and Gamma oppose each other, and Beta and Delta oppose each other.

Referring to my claim about you, you got both INTp and INTj. The INTj and INTp are in opposing quadras, meaning that they are very, very different in behavior and their views and beliefs etc. This is why I made the call on INTp.

Here are the links to the quadras-

Alpha Quadra - Wikisocion
    Beta Quadra - Wikisocion
    Delta Quadra - Wikisocion
    Gamma Quadra - Wikisocion
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This refers to the quadra of someone. This is sort of like temperament, but it's much more broad and descriptive of how the members of the quadra truly are.

Before you read this, keep in mind socionics is different from MBTI, and when I say roughly I mean that this is usually what MBTI type said socionics type is. There are plenty of exceptions to this rule though. Just saying.

The quadras are as follows-

Alpha- ENTp (roughly ENTP), ESFj (roughly ESFJ), INTj (roughly INTP), ISFp (roughly ISFP)
    Beta- ESTp (roughly ESTP), ENFj (roughly ENFJ), INFp (this one is odd, I know INFJs and INFPs who are INFp), and ISTj (roughly ISTJ)
    Delta- ENFp (roughly ENFP), ESTj (roughly ESTJ), ISTp (roughly ISTP), and INFj (like INFp, I've seen INFJs and INFPs be INFj).
    Gamma- ESFp (roughly ESFP), ENTj (roughly ENTJ), ISFj (roughly ISFJ), and INTp (roughly INTJ).

Alpha and Gamma oppose each other, and Beta and Delta oppose each other.

Referring to my claim about you, you got both INTp and INTj. The INTj and INTp are in opposing quadras, meaning that they are very, very different in behavior and their views and beliefs etc. This is why I made the call on INTp.

Here are the links to the quadras-

Alpha Quadra - Wikisocion
    Beta Quadra - Wikisocion
    Delta Quadra - Wikisocion
    Gamma Quadra - Wikisocion
    Very interesting. I guess I'll go through to reading and understanding socionics.
    Although I myself believe I have some of the Alpha traits based on what I read in the URLs you provided.
    Although you said they have very different behaviors, is it not possible for someone to have the some of the traits of two sides and thus mistaking one person for the type they match closest with?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Very interesting. I guess I'll go through to reading and understanding socionics.
    Although I myself believe I have some of the Alpha traits based on what I read in the URLs you provided.
    Although you said they have very different behaviors, is it not possible for someone to have the some of the traits of two sides and thus mistaking one person for the type they match closest with?
    Well, there are some people that get conflicted between two I'm sure, but I don't really see how. Gamma and Alpha are just so different. Gamma values Fi, Se, Ni, and Te. While Alpha values Ti, Ne, Si, and Fe. Totally different. And as a result, they have very different traits and such.

Plus if you were on the fence about ILI and LII, then I'd say a good way to determine what you are would be to read more into the reinen dichotomies (these really clear some things up) since ILI and LII are very different when it comes to these. Another way would be to determine who your dual is (ESFp vs ESFj).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.