• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Ask any questions about Typology here- Enneagram, MBTI, socionics

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Oh... all I do is lurk anyways, nothing new

I've been a member of this forum for 4 years... 63 posts, lol

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I am well versed on all three systems. Have a nagging question that is too miniscule for a thread? Confused on your type? Think socionics is rubbish? Etc. Just post here, and I'll answer as best I can (and maybe someone else can give you an answer to your question too!).

Would you say lurking on forums is a personality trait of some sort?

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Would you say lurking on forums is a personality trait of some sort?

Someone on another post or forum somewhere made the observation that Enneagram Type 9's have significantly fewer posts than others.

I didn't exactly check it, and there are other reasons, like type 9's generally misidentify their types and whatnot, but there's a starting point.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
next questions:

marmalade.sunrise: are most people who post on internet forums introverted? say 70:30

nzAShadow: are you saying that type 9s are identified by the trait of lurking rather than posting? how can one measure this then? how does one quantify nondoing?

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I took a longer test recently, and discovered I was a 4w5. Tell me, blackest of all the cats, is that a legitimate type (after my impossible 7w2 after a short test fiasco? :blushing::tongue:) Some places online seem to think it is, and the description of health seems to fit me very well.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
the16types.info Socionics Forums - A forum about Socionics Use extreme caution... They are very warped in how they understand these things. They think that MBTI is strictly the 4 dichotomies and think that it's all garbage. It's not taken well over there.
ok, i just went over there, read a few posts and i know without a doubt that a few of you guys here are posting there, too. now, my question is: how the fuck do you do all of this posting? i mean, really, it's an exorbinant amount and i truly wonder where you actually find time to do not only that but also, act, sing, dance, (not that i've seen you anywhere doing this...) but can someone here please please tell me just how this is accomplished?

and one more thing while i'm posting... a few, or maybe just a couple of you, seem to think others here are stupid. here's what i mean: yeah, i guess it's quite possible to change your "looks" via plastic surgery, well- made entertainment industry masks, make-up, etc, but you can't change your original face so much as to be completely unrecognizable as yourself, and as far as body build goes, sure, you can lose and gain weight, work out, develop certain muscles, etc., but you cannot change your actual height, nor body shape. and so you cannot and should not expect anyone to actually believe you are any of the myriad different people you, yourself claim to be.

Mole

Permabanned
ok, i just went over there, read a few posts and i know without a doubt that a few of you guys here are posting there, too. now, my question is: how the fuck do you do all of this posting? i mean, really, it's an exorbinant amount and i truly wonder where you actually find time to do not only that but also, act, sing, dance, (not that i've seen you anywhere doing this...) but can someone here please please tell me just how this is accomplished?

and one more thing while i'm posting... a few, or maybe just a couple of you, seem to think others here are stupid. here's what i mean: yeah, i guess it's quite possible to change your "looks" via plastic surgery, well- made entertainment industry masks, make-up, etc, but you can't change your original face so much as to be completely unrecognizable as yourself, and as far as body build goes, sure, you can lose and gain weight, work out, develop certain muscles, etc., but you cannot change your actual height, nor body shape. and so you cannot and should not expect anyone to actually believe you are any of the myriad different people you, yourself claim to be.

It's true. It's a lotta work doing all these posts. And it is even more work being these myriad different people.

Sometimes I wonder why I do it. But I do it just to get your attention.

Some call me pretentious but I love pretending. I love pretending to be all these different people and seeing if you can guess if they are me.

But of course I will do anything to get your attention. And you will just have to keep on guessing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

did you take some acid or something?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I still don't understand Fi and Ti. The descriptions are always too abstract for me. Can anyone give examples of their usage or something that I can relate to?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I still don't understand Fi and Ti. The descriptions are always too abstract for me. Can anyone give examples of their usage or something that I can relate to?

Fi feels very strongly that something is good, bad, right, or wrong. It's having an internal awareness of personal ethics. That is to say, if someone has really high Fi and they think wearing fur is wrong, they just might throw fake blood on your coat. Fi is likely to feel like they are more sensitive than you.

Ti, on the other hand, thinks very strongly that it is right. Ti comes to these conclusions through sequences of logic, so they think their opinions of right and wrong are "better" than Fi. Ti is likely to feel that they are smarter than you.

In truth, talking to people with either Fi or Ti is sort of like talking in circles with a person who is very stubborn about their own ideas. Which is fun if you're the sort of person who likes talking in circles or debating about nothing, and absolutely infuriating if you aren't.

Ok - this wasn't the most flattering portrait of these functions, so maybe someone else will come along and explain it a little more nicely.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
It's true. It's a lotta work doing all these posts. And it is even more work being these myriad different people.

Sometimes I wonder why I do it. But I do it just to get your attention.

Some call me pretentious but I love pretending. I love pretending to be all these different people and seeing if you can guess if they are me.

But of course I will do anything to get your attention. And you will just have to keep on guessing.
I'm sorry, Victor, but this pretense has gone on far too long and i'm really not as stupid as you must feel i am. it's sort of like, for example, using fake names of course, but if a guy who i am sure is say, oh i dunno, maybe bob, tells me he is also a different guy - say steve, it really, really insults my intelligence and the only reason it does so is because i know for sure that bob is not steve. get it?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
but if a guy who i am sure is say, oh i dunno, maybe bob, tells me he is also a different guy - say steve, it really, really insults my intelligence and the only reason it does so is because i know for sure that bob is not steve. get it?

So this is like that episode of Twin Peaks when we find out that Bad Bob is really Laura Palmer's dad?

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Fi feels very strongly that something is good, bad, right, or wrong.

In truth, talking to people with either Fi or Ti is sort of like talking in circles with a person who is very stubborn about their own ideas. Which is fun if you're the sort of person who likes talking in circles or debating about nothing, and absolutely infuriating if you aren't.

Actually, I was thinking today that Fi is where my "rigidity" comes from. So, this seems to hit the mark...

/continues never-ending quest for a basic definition of Fi...

now, my question is: how the fuck do you do all of this posting? i mean, really, it's an exorbinant amount

Lol!

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Fi feels very strongly that something is good, bad, right, or wrong. It's having an internal awareness of personal ethics. That is to say, if someone has really high Fi and they think wearing fur is wrong, they just might throw fake blood on your coat. Fi is likely to feel like they are more sensitive than you.

Ti, on the other hand, thinks very strongly that it is right. Ti comes to these conclusions through sequences of logic, so they think their opinions of right and wrong are "better" than Fi. Ti is likely to feel that they are smarter than you.

Ok - this wasn't the most flattering portrait of these functions, so maybe someone else will come along and explain it a little more nicely.

I don't think that is right. I have yet to meet a Ti-dom who would hold on to ideas that are proven wrong. The more likely scenario is that you failed to convince them due to your arguments not being up to their standard.

Te-doms are the ones who are very stubborn, make decisions quickly, and refuses to change thereafter.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't think that is right. I have yet to meet a Ti-dom who would hold on to ideas that are proven wrong. The more likely scenario is that you failed to convince them due to your arguments not being up to their standard.

Te-doms are the ones who are very stubborn, make decisions quickly, and refuses to change thereafter.

I agree.

It seems to me that Ti is about solving puzzles and going through the process of gaining information and figuring things out. Does that seem right?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
It seems to me that Ti is about solving puzzles and going through the process of gaining information and figuring things out. Does that seem right?

Yup. I'm constantly gathering information and assimilating it into my system and analyzing things and reviewing my beliefs to make sure they as consistent and accurate as possible. However Ti is also very personal and experiential. It's based on subjective ideas of what makes sense and personal definitions, ideas, concepts, perspectives, etcness (hence why Ti peoples often try to clarify and come to a common ground on definitions before a discussion. "What do you mean by *insert term/phrase here*. And lots of I statements, "I think that blah blah blah").

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ask me some questions! I plan on making a video exclusively to answer the questions that you throw at me.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ask me some questions! I plan on making a video exclusively to answer the questions that you throw at me.
I wish I could think of some, but at the moment I'm just keen to hear about the effects of function position that you were planning to talk about. Also the different theories about that and their arguments.