User Tag List

First 614151617 Last

your resident asshole

I still don't understand Fi and Ti. The descriptions are always too abstract for me. Can anyone give examples of their usage or something that I can relate to?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I still don't understand Fi and Ti. The descriptions are always too abstract for me. Can anyone give examples of their usage or something that I can relate to?
    Fi feels very strongly that something is good, bad, right, or wrong. It's having an internal awareness of personal ethics. That is to say, if someone has really high Fi and they think wearing fur is wrong, they just might throw fake blood on your coat. Fi is likely to feel like they are more sensitive than you.

Ti, on the other hand, thinks very strongly that it is right. Ti comes to these conclusions through sequences of logic, so they think their opinions of right and wrong are "better" than Fi. Ti is likely to feel that they are smarter than you.

In truth, talking to people with either Fi or Ti is sort of like talking in circles with a person who is very stubborn about their own ideas. Which is fun if you're the sort of person who likes talking in circles or debating about nothing, and absolutely infuriating if you aren't.

Ok - this wasn't the most flattering portrait of these functions, so maybe someone else will come along and explain it a little more nicely.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It's true. It's a lotta work doing all these posts. And it is even more work being these myriad different people.

Sometimes I wonder why I do it. But I do it just to get your attention.

Some call me pretentious but I love pretending. I love pretending to be all these different people and seeing if you can guess if they are me.

But of course I will do anything to get your attention. And you will just have to keep on guessing.
    I'm sorry, Victor, but this pretense has gone on far too long and i'm really not as stupid as you must feel i am. it's sort of like, for example, using fake names of course, but if a guy who i am sure is say, oh i dunno, maybe bob, tells me he is also a different guy - say steve, it really, really insults my intelligence and the only reason it does so is because i know for sure that bob is not steve. get it?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by bcvcdc View Post
    but if a guy who i am sure is say, oh i dunno, maybe bob, tells me he is also a different guy - say steve, it really, really insults my intelligence and the only reason it does so is because i know for sure that bob is not steve. get it?
    So this is like that episode of Twin Peaks when we find out that Bad Bob is really Laura Palmer's dad?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Fi feels very strongly that something is good, bad, right, or wrong.

In truth, talking to people with either Fi or Ti is sort of like talking in circles with a person who is very stubborn about their own ideas. Which is fun if you're the sort of person who likes talking in circles or debating about nothing, and absolutely infuriating if you aren't.
    Actually, I was thinking today that Fi is where my "rigidity" comes from. So, this seems to hit the mark...

/continues never-ending quest for a basic definition of Fi...

Quote Originally Posted by bcvcdc View Post
    now, my question is: how the fuck do you do all of this posting? i mean, really, it's an exorbinant amount
    Lol!
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Fi feels very strongly that something is good, bad, right, or wrong. It's having an internal awareness of personal ethics. That is to say, if someone has really high Fi and they think wearing fur is wrong, they just might throw fake blood on your coat. Fi is likely to feel like they are more sensitive than you.

Ti, on the other hand, thinks very strongly that it is right. Ti comes to these conclusions through sequences of logic, so they think their opinions of right and wrong are "better" than Fi. Ti is likely to feel that they are smarter than you.

Ok - this wasn't the most flattering portrait of these functions, so maybe someone else will come along and explain it a little more nicely.
    I don't think that is right. I have yet to meet a Ti-dom who would hold on to ideas that are proven wrong. The more likely scenario is that you failed to convince them due to your arguments not being up to their standard.

Te-doms are the ones who are very stubborn, make decisions quickly, and refuses to change thereafter.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    I don't think that is right. I have yet to meet a Ti-dom who would hold on to ideas that are proven wrong. The more likely scenario is that you failed to convince them due to your arguments not being up to their standard.

Te-doms are the ones who are very stubborn, make decisions quickly, and refuses to change thereafter.
    I agree.

It seems to me that Ti is about solving puzzles and going through the process of gaining information and figuring things out. Does that seem right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    It seems to me that Ti is about solving puzzles and going through the process of gaining information and figuring things out. Does that seem right?
    Yup. I'm constantly gathering information and assimilating it into my system and analyzing things and reviewing my beliefs to make sure they as consistent and accurate as possible. However Ti is also very personal and experiential. It's based on subjective ideas of what makes sense and personal definitions, ideas, concepts, perspectives, etcness (hence why Ti peoples often try to clarify and come to a common ground on definitions before a discussion. "What do you mean by *insert term/phrase here*. And lots of I statements, "I think that blah blah blah").
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ask me some questions! I plan on making a video exclusively to answer the questions that you throw at me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Ask me some questions! I plan on making a video exclusively to answer the questions that you throw at me.
    I wish I could think of some, but at the moment I'm just keen to hear about the effects of function position that you were planning to talk about. Also the different theories about that and their arguments.