• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Ask any questions about Typology here- Enneagram, MBTI, socionics

Jaguar

I don't think that is right. I have yet to meet a Ti-dom who would hold on to ideas that are proven wrong.

Define the word: "proven."
What is proof to one is not proof to another, and certainly not to all.

Chloe

Ask me some questions! I plan on making a video exclusively to answer the questions that you throw at me.

how do wings look like in person?

ex. i'm, i think, 3w4, but sometimes i can fit 4 very well, and sometimes 3... is fluctation between wings often?

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
So, I looked up the Enneagram instinctual variants and I'm afraid I'm a very unhealthy version of sx/sp. I've gone so strange about a year ago due to extreme stress. It doesn't really manifest outwardly, but I know my head's all messed up. :confused: I'm glad that I've finally found a description of my state and know I'm not the only one to experience it, but still - it doesn't exactly solve my problem at all. So I'm asking, does Enneagram ever offer any advice how to become a healthy variant of a certain type? Or it's all only about descriptions? I've already started to consider seeking professional help, but I'm not at all elated by that, so I'd like to know if there's still any, well, self-help variant out there.:sad:

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So, I looked up the Enneagram instinctual variants and I'm afraid I'm a very unhealthy version of sx/sp. I've gone so strange about a year ago due to extreme stress. It doesn't really manifest outwardly, but I know my head's all messed up. :confused: I'm glad that I've finally found a description of my state and know I'm not the only one to experience it, but still - it doesn't exactly solve my problem at all. So I'm asking, does Enneagram ever offer any advice how to become a healthy variant of a certain type? Or it's all only about descriptions? I've already started to consider seeking professional help, but I'm not at all elated by that, so I'd like to know if there's still any, well, self-help variant out there.:sad:
I've read just one book about the Enneagram so far, 'The Wisdom of the Enneagram' by Riso and Hudson of the Enneagram Institute, and that one does talk more about personal growth (which with the Enneagram means becoming free to be as much as we can be instead of the narrow manifestation of ourself we've grown attached to, and noticing and getting rid of compulsive or unconscious habits and false beliefs) more than it describes specific types. (Although, it also does that well enough that I am now far more certain of my basic type than I could ever be if I'd relied on what information is available online.) I highly recommend that book, I've found it very helpful and it makes the Enneagram much more interesting and credible to understand it in some depth.