• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP and Enneagram Correlations

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
From what I gathered at INTPc, most INTP's score 2nd or 3rd highest in type 9 in enneagram tests. There are even a few weird INTPs like me who score highest in type 9, but they are rare compared to the type 5 INTP. Of course, this doesn't explain WHY INTPs are so high in type nine.

Now for some introspection. Why do I hate and avoid conflict? I don't know. It just always seems to make things end up bad no matter what happens. I know I sound like an INFP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I gathered at INTPc, most INTP's score 2nd or 3rd highest in type 9 in enneagram tests. There are even a few weird INTPs like me who score highest in type 9, but they are rare compared to the type 5 INTP. Of course, this doesn't explain WHY INTPs are so high in type nine.

Conflict avoidance. (Usually I see INFPs also class as Nines.)

So I expect the INTPs who class as Nines to be a little more people-friendly in some ways than straight Fives.

INTPs who are hard-core detachers and analytics will probably be Fives. Those who are more into flexing (the P aspect) will have higher Nine scores.

(For me, Nine is my third highest, with my Five a few points higher consistently than my Four. Everything else was a large jump back.)

Now for some introspection. Why do I hate and avoid conflict? I don't know. It just always seems to make things end up bad no matter what happens. I know I sound like an INFP.

I know I avoid conflict to avoid entanglement. It's just a headache.

And then [I feel like] people are mad at me, which constantly puts bad personal vibes on any situation I have with them. I really need a pleasant or at least neutral atmosphere to do well; one that has animosity blurs my perception and makes it hard for me to tell how clearly I am viewing things. And I don't like that, I can't tell up from down if it gets too bad.

(This is because we separate the emotions from the total "reality" of the situation. Funny how that works, isn't it? That "objectivity" means treating the emotional state of the participants as something superfluous, and not essential / a natural part of the interaction and thus also part of reality to be dealt with?)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Conflict avoidance. (Usually I see INFPs also class as Nines.)

So I expect the INTPs who class as Nines to be a little more people-friendly in some ways than straight Fives.

INTPs who are hard-core detachers and analytics will probably be Fives. Those who are more into flexing (the P aspect) will have higher Nine scores.

(For me, Nine is my third highest, with my Five a few points higher consistently than my Four. Everything else was a large jump back.)

What do ISTPs usually score on the Enneagram? I know E5 corresponds to Jung's Ti type, but I dunno, I don't see many ISTP 5s, and 5s are the most abstract of the E-types, which is probably why INTP and INTJs are the highest scorers. I was thinking ISTPs mostly score as 7w8s or 8w9s, because those wings are the more reserved of both types.

INTJ 5s seem more common on the 4 wing, or with a strong line to 8, INTP 5s seem more common on the 6 wing, or with a strong line to 7.

I'm guessing INFPs score mostly as 4, 6, and 9, along with ISFP, which, if a 4, is probably more common on the 3 wing.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
What do ISTPs usually score on the Enneagram? I know E5 corresponds to Jung's Ti type, but I dunno, I don't see many ISTP 5s, and 5s are the most abstract of the E-types, which is probably why INTP and INTJs are the highest scorers. I was thinking ISTPs mostly score as 7w8s or 8w9s, because those wings are the more reserved of both types.

INTJ 5s seem more common on the 4 wing, or with a strong line to 8, INTP 5s seem more common on the 6 wing, or with a strong line to 7.

I'm guessing INFPs score mostly as 4, 6, and 9, along with ISFP, which, if a 4, is probably more common on the 3 wing.

Judging by a thread at INFP globalchatter, the INFP is most frequently a type 4 and second most frequently a type 9. I don't know the typical enneagram matches for any other types. I do remember meeting an ISFP type 9. Type 3 and 8 seem to be a good match for the ENTJ and ESTJ types. My ENFJ friend is probably a type 8. These are just anecdotes and speculation, though.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I would not be surprised to see some Three no-wings either, but I'm not sure. Someone has placed some links, though, I think, to Fudjack's (?) data; and there is some more out there.

That's what you would think, in theory... but it doesn't explain why so many INTPs either classify themselves as straight Five or 5w4, as opposed to 5w6.

(I am not joking about that, you should look around. There's even been a poll either here or on INTPc about specifically that.)

kinda like, to use a very stereotypical example, when a woman asks "do i look fat in this dress?" how about you look in a mirror and see for yourself. 9 times out of 10 people will just humor you and it won't be genuine.

Oh, but you don't understand: Women already know it's a fake compliment, but many of them ask because they like to hear it anyway, even knowing it's false.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's what you would think, in theory... but it doesn't explain why so many INTPs either classify themselves as straight Five or 5w4, as opposed to 5w6.

(I am not joking about that, you should look around. There's even been a poll either here or on INTPc about specifically that.)

I was thinking more in terms of what the E-types correspond to in Jung's terminology. I've been thinking about how Jungian correspondences maybe are most evident on the wing of the ascending type.

For example, E4 corresponds to Ni. Hence, the 4w5 is likely to be INFJ, because E4 is feeling-based, but 5w4 will likely be the INTJ, because E5 is more thinking-based.

Then we get into E5, corresponding to Ti. 5w6 would be the INTP, because as a 5, it's a cerebral type. The ISTP would be more suitable for the 6w5, because ISTPs are knowledge-oriented like a 5, but more practical like the 6.

E4s tend to project an aura of individuality, which is one of the traits of Ni, but where the INFJ is more relationship oriented, the INTJ comes across as much more arrogant.

The INTP is more of your absent-minded professor type, and according to Riso and Hudson, this stereotype is mainly attributed to the 5w6.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
The ISTP would be more suitable for the 6w5, because ISTPs are knowledge-oriented like a 5, but more practical like the 6.

I don't like the enneagram, however I tied;

3-4-5-6 and was only slightly lower on 9. Which doesn't help you at all, really. With forering too much, I am most likely a 3w2, judging just from the descriptions. I could also fit in the 4-6 range, depending on how you view competency and such.

The reason I think I fit the 3 best would be;

I exhibit a 3's healthy levels (1) for the most part, but as has been noted here, I do turn into a fully functional unhealthy (9) when pushed. I am the kind of person who is kind, caring and so forth right up to the point when the foot crosses the line. As soon as that happens, the negative side comes up... I very much have the "salt the earth" total war attitude.

I don't show any of the intermediate steps notably, except may be level 4. I show only the healthy version of 2, mostly in my immediate circle... but I also show very strong interpersonal serving at work. Just without the empathy and stuff that seems to go with 2...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess I need to stop thinking of Enneagram 3 as an extroverted type, because if their line is strongly connected to E9, they'll probably come across as more introverted.

I'll correspond E-types with MBTI types anyway:

SP
ESTP: 3w4, 7w8, 8w7
ESFP: 2w3, 3w2, 7w6
ISTP: 3w4, 6w5, 7w8, 8w9
ISFP: 3w4, 6w7, 9w8

SJ
ESTJ: 1w2, 3w4, 8w7
ESFJ: 2w1, 2w3, 3w2
ISTJ: 1w9, 6w5, 9w1
ISFJ: 6w5, 9w1

NT