User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Banned

I'm not going to look at another type, since I know mine. Nothing else suits me better than the 9. I stated that I was a 1 on the health level of the 9, the highest one. I read this in a book, and I can't quote it exactly, but it basically said that 9's get a sense of self and realize that they matter. That they actually do go deeper. This is when they are at a level 1 of health.
    This is very 9w1. Most types don't have that high of an opinion of their health level or don't care. The thinking you are on level 1...it fits with what I wrote about a "false holism" of 9w1s...and the 9w1 desire to "ascend" to a better state.

Realizing that they matter is anything but 8ness...even in a wing. And 9w8s find the "new age" utopian health level stuff silly just like core 8s do...they look at it and are like...yeah whatever. The 8 and 8 winger bias is to look towards themselves for answers if they choose to.

I'm guessing you are more expansive than the average 9w1 which fits with you probably being sp-last. The sx/so isn't hitting me yet but I'll wait for more.

Banned

This subtype of Nine may appear least like a stereotypical Nine because the outward sexual and social energies obscure some of the withdrawing and "zoning out" tendencies of the Nine. These Nines are the most connected and assertive of the subtypes of Nine, especially when it comes to relationships. There is still some internal struggle, as with the sexual/self-pres, but overall there is less of a tendency to withdraw. With the self-pres instinct last, this subtype can neglect self-preservational needs in favor of the intensity of their sexual instinct's pursuits. Individuals of this subtype could easily be mistaken for the dominant wing, because the sexual energy tends to flow in a manner similar to the energy of the wing. A Nine with a One wing would therefore appear more One-like and a Nine with Eight might be mistaken for an Eight.
    You can't just pick any description on the net that has anecdotes that jive with you. That's selecting data to fit your desired self-image. You have look at what empirically makes a 9w8 a 9w8 and a 9w1 a 9w1.

MBTI
    INFP

Statuesquechica, I`m afraid you don`t sound very much like a 9w8 at the moment. Whereas 9w1s are passive-aggressive, 9w8s are openly angry (I don`t mean being physically aggressive, either), but it`s often a very short rage. For the most time 9w8s tend to withdraw if they don`t feel comfortable or if there`s too much quarrel going on.

If you like to going on, my next question would be if your attention is concentrated on the inhumane and cruel? Or is it more concentrated on quarrels or inconsiderateness? Every enneagram type has a certain focus of attention, that`s where my question is heading to.

Maybe you are interested in an exercise I`ve gotten to know a little while ago. It`s about the centers. If you are in a small room with a few people first bring your attention to your head, next to your heart and then to your gut, pay attention how you feel each time and notice the differences. You can also do the same while you are standing opposite to a partner and look him in the eyes while you change your focus of attention.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMarcello View Post
    You can't just pick any description on the net that has anecdotes that jive with you. That's selecting data to fit your desired self-image. You have look at what empirically makes a 9w8 a 9w8 and a 9w1 a 9w1.
    I am wary of this as well, especially projecting as a possible 9, but there doesn't seem to be any empirical data to disinguish between the two.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    INFP

Black Cat, yes, I know quite a few 9w8s.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I have friends that are into enneagram. I said to one of them "so this guy thinks I'm a 9w1" and she retorted "lmao the 8 is sooo obvious!" So I'm not going to listen to people that I've exchanged, maybe 3 or 4 posts with (Mercello and you) versus someone who has known for me several months. I am NOT a 9w1. Everyone I've talked to about enneagram has said that 9w8 suits me. This is usually after talking to them personally then moving on to discussing theory.
    Now, I don`t know your enneagram type, but I`m a bit amused that you think you`re a level 1 Nine. Your reaction really speaks otherwise. 3 or 4 posts are enough to see that much. The most time when people think that they are some healthy version of a certain type, they`re really another type.

I'm not going to look at another type, since I know mine. Nothing else suits me better than the 9. I stated that I was a 1 on the health level of the 9, the highest one. I read this in a book, and I can't quote it exactly, but it basically said that 9's get a sense of self and realize that they matter. That they actually do go deeper. This is when they are at a level 1 of health.
    Theoretically that sounds wonderful, but it`s really seldom and only after a long process. For instance, you can only encounter real courage if you have experienced fear beforehand

Are you factoring in the instinctual variants in your judgment? Keep in mind I'm sx/so, I'm going to be different from other 9s. To quote the sx/so description I've seen-
    The base frame is the same for each of the stackings. Every Nine has a passion named sloth. The stackings only say in which area sloth is played for the most part.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Delphyne: You are very gracious to pursue a line of questioning with me...thanks for your effort.

My attention is definitely focused on the inhumane and cruel; the issue of social justice is very near and dear to my heart. Primarily I look outward and see issues that make me angry (angry enough to yell about it, and sometimes act on it) and I suppose it could be considered a short rage, very short. I have my moments of getting on my soapbox, but then I step off and say thanks for letting me vent--people who know me understand I will always be outspoken. :steam:

When I see cruelty in the world, I am compelled to act, even to the point of putting myself in harm's way. It is something I cannot stop because my feelings are so strong. But when I recognize cruelty within myself, or someone points out my own hypocricies, I will not shy away from self-examination. I am also compelled to act and discover the ugly truths within myself. Otherwise, I cannot prevent myself from harming someone else with my inconsiderate, cruel words or actions. Of course, I can't prevent it entirely because I am human and therefore weak at times, but I must try.

Anyway, there are my musings on myself...I will try your exercise that you mentioned above.

Joni Mitchell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    I am wary of this as well, especially projecting as a possible 9, but there doesn't seem to be any empirical data to disinguish between the two.
    What about a basic derivation to distinguish between the two? What's wrong with 9w8 is calmness(9) based from a position of strength(8)? I haven't found that anywhere and think that simplistic way of phrasing it cuts to the core of the 9w8 gestalt better than any collection of anecdotes.

In the same vein 9w1 would be calmness(9) from needing to holdtogether(1) the peace...which also cuts to the core of the 9w1 gestalt.

Or another way of phrasing it...I choose(w8) to be calm(9) vs I haveto(w1) be calm(9).

MBTI
    INFP

Statuesquechica, you are flattering me, when I`m really just curious.

From what you`ve written I would suggest to take a look at type One. The One`s passion is anger and their focus of attention goes to things which are in some ways imperfect which includes social injustices (especially social Ones). They are hard on other people because they are quick to see imperfections, but they are very sensitive if they themselves get criticized. They are normally very hard on themselves, too, and every additional critic will hurt them.

Ones often suppress their anger, but they let it out if there are good reasons, for instance, social injustices. At such times their anger drives them and they`re full of energy. 9w1s are more frightened of their anger, 9w8s don`t assert themselves that much.

If you`re a Nine or a One, either way anger will be one of your main issues. The question is what anger does to you and how does it feel to be angry.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Statuesquechica, you are flattering me, when I`m really just curious.
    Flattery will get you everywhere : Mae West

But seriously, I do appreciate your questions; they bring up more things to consider. I do believe I am in the northerly regions of the Enneagram, perhaps a 9 or 1w9, as repression/anger is always on my radar screen. I shall delve further.

Marcello: I will also take your comments to heart and do some more data collecting and sift it through my mind. You do deserve a treat for being such a fine feline.

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Hi I'm 5w4. Now what?