User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Banned

As they say...curiousity killed the cat...so as a 5 I have to be careful about letting my fixation get the best of me...HAR HAR.

garbage

I've got a question for you, my.. friend with some number of peds.

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    So what's the type that kind of fears others' expectations because he feels that he has to meet them at all times and, while this has allowed him to become pretty successful, as a result, he feels undue pressure from the world around him to not make mistakes?

I think that's a pretty good Three, but I dunno.
    I never thought that I fit in with the vanity and narcissism of a Three, but everything else about the profile kind of fits. Compliments just tend to make me embarrassed, though I appreciate and welcome them anyway.

Or maybe that's the perception I have of myself

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Greetings, majestic feline. I seek information on the ways of a 9w1.
    Any assistance will be met with gratitude and catty behavior.
    I N V I C T U S

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I've got a question for you, my.. friend with some number of peds.

I never thought that I fit in with the vanity and narcissism of a Three, but everything else about the profile kind of fits. Compliments just tend to make me embarrassed, though I appreciate and welcome them anyway.

Or maybe that's the perception I have of myself
    I almost never use vanity or narcissism to describe type 3. Not to they they aren't those...but that it's a copout to a deeper understanding of what type 3 is all about.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It's strange, but the way you're wording this makes it sound like we consciously don't dig deep. Digging deep is a conscious effort for me (edited past sentence in, see? I have to consciously do it and relate it to myself). I think that yes, 9's don't dig deep at first, but that doesn't stop us from getting deep if we want to. I'm a human being, if I think about getting deep, then I will. Simple as that. That's what I do when I see my posts need some more depth, I'll give them some. Even if it's not a first instinct to do so. I find myself editing my posts to add said depth a lot.
    No. Nines can consciously try to dig deep but they end up skimming the surface, because their type pattern creeps into their actions. Busy Nines will point out how much they do and how much they exert themselves. However, quantity doesn`t equal quality. It`s a way of their ego to tell them that they`re not lazy if they do all these things. In reality it just veils their passion which is sloth.

You sound like you can consciously step out of your type pattern if you work hard enough. I don`t think it`s possible. Quite the contrary, the people I`ve seen who consciously tried to better themselves with regard to their personality or spirituality all displayed their type patterns. These patterns work for the most part unconsciously, that`s why it`s so difficult to detect them. The more one tries to control them, the more they seem to gain access through the back door.

Keep in mind that on the 9 levels of health of an enneagram type (I've read about this), I related to the 1 on the 9's health level, being the best. So yeah. I think it's silly to not have a sense of self or feel that you, the individual aren't important.
    Maybe you should look if another type doesn`t fit you better or at least if a one-wing suits you as MellowMarcello thought.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMarcello View Post
    That's a good way of explaining it...though I'd add that's primarily 9w1...especially the inner peace "shattering". The w1 adds a brittle nature to the inner peace that seems one step away from shattering whereas the w8 is a more robust inner peace...more from a position of strength.

9w8 is I choose to be calm from a position of strength...9w1 is I want to hold onto being calm.
    Yes, you are right, the inner peace shattering is more 9w1 than 9w8. 9w1s pay more attention to their inner peace, they are in some way more sensitive and also more easily upset. 9w8s go along with more things than 9w1s and they don`t express themselves that much. Their sloth comes up a bit differently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Greetings, majestic feline. I seek information on the ways of a 9w1.
    Any assistance will be met with gratitude and catty behavior.
    Hello my bipedalled friend.

9w1s are an interesting breed. They are often unusually intellectual for a gut type. More than any other type they can either be very in touch with the subconscious or very out of touch with reality. They are similar to sixes who can be either very aggressive or very fearful.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    When I finally did take the test, I came up with 1w9, 9w1, 1w2 and 2w3. After looking at all of these holistically (taking into account the order of variants I have) I identified closest to 9w8 because of my aggressive, persistent nature when taking on a challenge. I found the descriptions of 9w8 sx/so to have some uncanny similarities to myself, even to the point of explaining some very strong reactions that people have had to me. Considering the different variables in different types I also ruled them out.
    Despite having an Eight-wing, 9w8s aren`t aggressive most of the time. That makes me wondering about you being a Nine. What kind of challenge are you talking about?

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post
    Despite having an Eight-wing, 9w8s aren`t aggressive most of the time. That makes me wondering about you being a Nine. What kind of challenge are you talking about?
    Delphyne: Thanks for following up on my previous post. Mostly when I refer to challenges I am talking about my work as a civil rights advocate for people in institutionalized settings. The institution obviouslly has its status quo which results in many instances of abuse/neglect. My work requires me to research laws, rules and regulations on behalf of clients. It also requires speaking directly to staff on the wards that are very opposed to the client's rights, at times being very unprofessional, in my opinion.

Personally, I am a fairly easy going individual but when faced with a challenge (intellectual, emotional, physical), I will research it exhaustively and will always be cognizant of where I have made mistakes and alter my course accordingly. I like challenges in the respect that I gain the most knowledge about myself and others through this analysis and interactions in real life. To a great extent, knowledge gives me a sense of peace; a sense of power.

As far as being aggressive, I don't mean physically aggressive, but if I see something that is inhumane, and cruel I will step forward and voice my concerns, even to the point of civil disobedience and jail.

Thanks for giving your assistance, again.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post
    No. Nines can consciously try to dig deep but they end up skimming the surface, because their type pattern creeps into their actions. Busy Nines will point out how much they do and how much they exert themselves. However, quantity doesn`t equal quality. It`s a way of their ego to tell them that they`re not lazy if they do all these things. In reality it just veils their passion which is sloth.

You sound like you can consciously step out of your type pattern if you work hard enough. I don`t think it`s possible. Quite the contrary, the people I`ve seen who consciously tried to better themselves with regard to their personality or spirituality all displayed their type patterns. These patterns work for the most part unconsciously, that`s why it`s so difficult to detect them. The more one tries to control them, the more they seem to gain access through the back door.
    Something is just iffy about this. You have such a "by the book" understanding of 9s. Do you know any 9w8s? Have you observed their behavior? Or have you just read about them? I know that I'm a 9w8. My other thought was 8 since I am also strong in that type, but that's just a bit silly. I'm just not going to worry about it anymore, since I know what I am and everyone I've asked outside of people that I've gotten to know personally can't help me with this or they mislead/misunderstand me further.

Maybe you should look if another type doesn`t fit you better or at least if a one-wing suits you as MellowMarcello thought.
    I have friends that are into enneagram. I said to one of them "so this guy thinks I'm a 9w1" and she retorted "lmao the 8 is sooo obvious!" So I'm not going to listen to people that I've exchanged, maybe 3 or 4 posts with (Mercello and you) versus someone who has known for me several months. I am NOT a 9w1. Everyone I've talked to about enneagram has said that 9w8 suits me. This is usually after talking to them personally then moving on to discussing theory.

I'm not going to look at another type, since I know mine. Nothing else suits me better than the 9. I stated that I was a 1 on the health level of the 9, the highest one. I read this in a book, and I can't quote it exactly, but it basically said that 9's get a sense of self and realize that they matter. That they actually do go deeper. This is when they are at a level 1 of health.

Are you factoring in the instinctual variants in your judgment? Keep in mind I'm sx/so, I'm going to be different from other 9s. To quote the sx/so description I've seen-

This subtype of Nine may appear least like a stereotypical Nine because the outward sexual and social energies obscure some of the withdrawing and "zoning out" tendencies of the Nine. These Nines are the most connected and assertive of the subtypes of Nine, especially when it comes to relationships. There is still some internal struggle, as with the sexual/self-pres, but overall there is less of a tendency to withdraw. With the self-pres instinct last, this subtype can neglect self-preservational needs in favor of the intensity of their sexual instinct's pursuits. Individuals of this subtype could easily be mistaken for the dominant wing, because the sexual energy tends to flow in a manner similar to the energy of the wing. A Nine with a One wing would therefore appear more One-like and a Nine with Eight might be mistaken for an Eight.
    That also explaining why I am also quite 8.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)