• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

...Enneagram Corner

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So if 6 correlates to ISXJ and XNFP (somehow) then that makes you an XNTP? Most 6's I see are IXXJ, but does that make your type change? No. And thinking you're NTP because of this. There is no such thing as an ANTP... you're ENTP.

I can definitely see a 6w7 ENTP. It seems like actually a pleasant ENTP versus the 8w7s and 7w8s who act like jackasses it seems. You seem like one of these people that is beyond that sort of activity.

DON'T READ INTO IT TOO MUCH! You can be a 6 ENTP! There is no issue with it! :D I would have responded earlier had the forum not been down.

yeah, I read a little bit, supposedly it is quite possible to be an ENTP 6, it's just unlikely (it said 18 to 27% chance, not that that's believable). If it were something like 2, it would be highly improbable. I'm on the edge of the E/I axis irrespective of the enneagram I think, I'm still analysing myself on E versus I. But the thing is, apparently 6s quite often believe that they are thinking, and processing thoughts (etc.), where as they are actually processing feelings (which is why they are in the center of the thinking sector of the enneagram). But considering that IXTJs often fall into that category, my suspicious are probably unfounded.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah, I read a little bit, supposedly it is quite possible to be an ENTP 6, it's just unlikely (it said 18 to 27% chance, not that that's believable). If it were something like 2, it would be highly improbable. I'm on the edge of the E/I axis irrespective of the enneagram I think, I'm still analysing myself on E versus I. But the thing is, apparently 6s quite often believe that they are thinking, and processing thoughts (etc.), where as they are actually processing feelings (which is why they are in the center of the thinking sector of the enneagram). But considering that IXTJs often fall into that category, my suspicious are probably unfounded.

Well if you're ENTP your Fe is the tertiary, making it your relief function. So that makes sense if your feelings are strong and if you go to that for relief. That is very interesting about 6's though... mind linking the site so I can check out what it says about the 9w8 or 9 in general?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well if you're ENTP your Fe is the tertiary, making it your relief function. So that makes sense if your feelings are strong and if you go to that for relief. That is very interesting about 6's though... mind linking the site so I can check out what it says about the 9w8 or 9 in general?

You probably know the site, it's the first one that comes up in google, only you need to look into the overview

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You probably know the site, it's the first one that comes up in google, only you need to look into the overview

Oh, that one. Yeah I've known about it for some time. :yes:

I just hope you're an ENTP. If you aren't then my hope in the type is lost with a lot of the people I've interacted with (aside from a couple). :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, that one. Yeah I've known about it for some time. :yes:

I just hope you're an ENTP. If you aren't then my hope in the type is lost with a lot of the people I've interacted with (aside from a couple). :D

I reckon all the things that I've seen that don't fully line up with the ENTP profiles, but they are likely due to the contradictory nature of 6. Generally, my functional order lines up the right way (although I don't believe the tests... lol), and sensing is by far my lowest function.

There are plenty of cool ENTPs around here, although I do know one irl who can be a real shitbag, but he makes up for it in hilarity :D

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
Personality Tests aren`t accurate, they can`t be. These tests indicate probabilities, but unfortunately many people take their test results as absolute results. For instance, if you get 65 % T and 35 % F, you have a 65 % chance of being a Thinker over a Feeler.

I have been looking for myself.
I gave up Enneagram two years ago when I hit a dead end.

I thought I might have some luck with the MBTI...
but none of the 16 types alone describe me completely.
If I recall correctly you only studied the enneagram for a few months. Have you read any books about the enneagram or the MBTI? Online descriptions aren`t necessarily wrong, but compared with detailed descriptions found in books they normally can`t be anything but superficial because they are very short. Though to really understand the enneagram you have to see how the e-types express themselves in real people. And to really understand yourself takes a lifetime. :newwink:

It would make perfect sense that you can`t find yourself in any MBTI description if you relied on online descriptions. Nevertheless your completely reminded me of an INFJ friend whose approach to type descriptions differs from mine. INPs like myself tend to look at the overall picture and match it with their outward experiences, whereas dominant Ni without a strong judging function can`t differentiate between important and unimportant information. That`s why my friend likes to have a description that describes him completely.

Once upon a time, there was a girl with a gentle and loving heart, passionate and full of warm feelings, like the winter sun shinning through the icy windows. However, her heart was very vulnerable. So she built up a cold wall to protect her heart from being broken by the heartless.

I can relate, but I`m not sure how much. Are you asking yourself if your more like the cold wall or the girl with the loving heart? Sometimes I ask myself if I really build that wall or if it was part of me all along.

What will be if you`ll find yourself?

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Good afternoon my bipedalled friends. Two people that are mistyped as 6s are Neil Young and Martin Sheen.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lostlove, given that you haven't made a decision, I would type you as an INXP. That is fundamental to the MBTI J/P concept, Ps naturally choose to take in more information before they come to a decision.

For the F/T divide, do you find that you quite easily worry about others? If someone gets brutally injured, do you ask what happened, or whether they are alright or not? (provided that you're interested in the first place).

If you really try hard enough to introspect, and give it some time, you will come to analyse what you're thinking of, while you actually think it. It's not easy to do, but once you do it, you can work out quite easily if you're a T or an F.

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
Not sure, if my answers make it still more confusing but I`ll give it a try:

The core frame of an enneagram type consists of the passion, the motivation, the fixation and a few more things and it expresses itself in a specific pattern with certain variations. There are a few people who know of their passion right from the start, but most don`t. As you often can`t detect the basic passion and motivation especially if you want to type other people, following the type pattern is a good idea. Though it`s a bit tricky. If you describe it in a plain way which everybody can understand it will get unavoidably superficial and if you give hints and clues often nobody who doesn`t already know the type patterns will understand you.

Enneagram is about motivations but people are trying to type themselves or others according to superficial traits.

Sometimes people get stuck to superficial traits and sometimes superficial traits will get the intuition busy and you will see the type clearly.

Then you start to question yourself: is it that I do not see myself clearly, or that I do not understand the Type, or that people do not understand me?

Often it`s a mix of all three. After knowing the enneagram for ten years a friend of mine realized that she`s a Six, and not a Four as she believed. Surely she knew about her fear but was deluded as to the extent fear ruled her life. She`s no exception. I know a few others who retyped themselves after a few years. Even if you know your type right from the beginning there`s always the possibility that a time will come when you are ready to see right through one of your illusions. Self-awareness is a process which unfolds over the years.

What if a person has more than one motivation or has a motivation that is none of the 9 types?

You should start to improve the enneagram.:smile:No, seriously, the enneagram is a rich and deep personality system. If you think you have more than one motivation it`s far more likely there`s still a lot more to see.

It is very hard to see the real people as there are so many mistyped, and most people around me are either not interested in Enneagram or started an argument whenever touching the topic of Enneagram.
If they start an argument that`s wonderful. You can see a type most clearly if the person is a bit stressed and outside of his or her comfort zone. Reactions tell far more than fine words.
Even if people mistype themselves you can start from there and learn through trial and error.

So would you say this girl was born to be good at maths and logic or trained to be logical after all those years?

No, I would ask this girl why she studied all these years if she hated it that much. Also why did she became one of ten girls in the mathematic class if she wanted to be different?

I do not understand the question. Could you please rephrase it?

You wrote that you were looking for yourself. What will be if that happens and you finally find yourself? A what-will-be-question. Can you imagine yourself that way?

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
Lostlove, given that you haven't made a decision, I would type you as an INXP. That is fundamental to the MBTI J/P concept, Ps naturally choose to take in more information before they come to a decision.

I don`t agree.;) IPs are dominant judgers, they are likely to make a (quick) judgment and stick with it if they don`t exercise their extraverted perceiving function enough. IJs are dominant perceivers and often want to be really sure before they make a judgment.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don`t agree.;) IPs are dominant judgers, they are likely to make a (quick) judgment and stick with it if they don`t exercise their extraverted perceiving function enough. IJs are dominant perceivers and often want to be really sure before they make a judgment.

Interesting, I didn't consider that, that would explain why INTPs can be quite stubborn :yes:.

bornslippy

Meeeow!

Who am I?

*edit*

MTBI I would guess I'm some formulation of eNtp. My Dad is something like EnTj, Mom is XNFJ so 2w3, younger bro is Entj. My mom would describe my defining trait as a young child as insatiable curiosity.

Only a few posts on here so far, so not much to work with ... happy to provide the info you need though

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Hey MellowMarcello. Want to take a stab at picking my enneagram also? I don't know much about it. :p

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Go on...

EDIT: lol deleted post

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Hello once again my bipedalled stalwarts...

I bring attention to you a matter so disturbing I wondered if I should even post this. It is too important to ignore however. This was secretly recorded by one of my comrades. Luckily he escaped in the nick of time.

I am determined to bring this person to justice.

drop.io littlestevie