User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post
    I agree, but like I wrote Fives are not so much interested in doing well in school nor do they normally tell how smart they are, rather than showing their knowledge. It`s more threeish first to tell of your achievements which includes being smart and competent.

In my experience it`s the sp Fives who normally don`t have much Eightness in them. You typed her as sx/sp Five and they are a lot sharper than her.
    Online is different though and gives fives a way to express themselves they wouldn't do in real life. I doubt lostlove would be anywhere as close to as revealing in real life.

I don't think 30-40 posts is enough to see if someone is sharp enough to be an sx/sp. Plus there are certain contexts where an sx/sp will be the opposite.

Eightness in a five is seperate from stacking...sx/sp fives overall have more emotional electricity than sp 5s but that's different from 8ness. 8ness is gravitas. Marcello is an example of a 5 with a lot of 8 in him...even though he is sp-first.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMarcello View Post
    First impression is 3w2 from his video...probably so/sx...will look into this guy further to see if he is a 2.
    He`s an enneagram teacher who types himself as a sx Eight. At least according to someone who met him at a retreat. Eight really doesn`t fit him. He just screams heart type. I thought about him being a Two, but I`m not sure. His smile is putting me off.

Banned

He's got heart triad written all over him...the 2-3 area in particular has a cheesy warmth to me. Eight is the last type I'd pick for him.

When on the nutty side 3w2 is more cheesy and 2w3 is more tacky and I'm getting the former.

MBTI
    INFP

Eightness in a five is seperate from stacking...sx/sp fives overall have more emotional electricity than sp 5s but that's different from 8ness. 8ness is gravitas. Marcello is an example of a 5 with a lot of 8 in him...even though he is sp-first.
    Now, last time we met online you weren`t.

MBTI
    INFP

He's got heart triad written all over him...the 2-3 area in particular has a cheesy warmth to me. Eight is the last type I'd pick for him.

When on the nutty side 3w2 is more cheesy and 2w3 is more tacky and I'm getting the former.
    Yes, he seems more cheesy than tacky.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post
    Now, last time we met online you weren`t.
    I am a five I tell you...HAR HAR...

Banned

Ask Uncle Marcy your enneagram question...HAR HAR

Come on now...don't be shy!

Banned

Pure unadulturated gravitas my bipedalled friends...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lostlove View Post
    If I wasn't even know I was a 4w5, you should probably not to take my opinion about her type so seriously. Well, I cannot definitely rule out her being a Four, (I probably did not understand what could be classified as a Four anyway) but regardless what type she is, she is most probably an unhealthy type.
    It wasn`t your typing skills I was interested in but the relationship with your sister as it can be very telling. You grew up together and had enough time to get on each other`s nerves. I was asking you a few questions to get a feeling for your pattern, but I really couldn`t feel you. I had the impression of getting carefully thought-out answers, which didn`t lead to much. Of course, this isn`t your fault. You answered as best as you could. It`s just that an enneagram type can best be seen when you get on the wrong side of somebody. The defense mechanisms, the focus of attention and the sore points are far more informative than a nice portrayal of yourself. Your sister surely brought you out of your comfort zone and would know about your defense mechanisms as you know about hers.

There`s certainly a great possibility of your sister being a Four. Type Four isn`t about being romantic and your sister shows some fourish characteristics which are not all that likeable. Do you think aristocratic pride would be a fitting characterization of your sister?

I was introduced to Enneagram by her, she was very keen to get me to do the RHETI test and asked me for the result. I guess I now kind of know why. She thought she was the "best type" 4 and wanted to prove that I was the "worst type" 3. So she would win. She got angry when she found out my test results. She kept on convincing me how I must be a Three. Fours must like cats, Fours must be unpleasant in character, etc... Since I was not convinced, she got mad at me and even made sarcastic remarks such as "If you are a Four, maybe I am not a Four then", "If you like to be a Four, be a Four then", etc.
    Can you relate to your sister`s reaction? Do you understand why she`s competing with you and her need of having the best type?

Saying that Three is the worst type is due to the need to belittle you. Nonetheless she may be right in her typing. Can you get over her childish reaction and just take in how she perceives you?

I see Three definitely as a possibility. Your long answer to Marcy was very interesting. Not only the content but its length. You seem to have a real need to explain yourself as having not that much threeish competitiveness and pride. Why?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lostlove View Post
    We can only say that the tests reflect the person's perspective on himself and is only as accurate as how the person interpret the questions and whether answering the questions correctly actually does point to the correct end result - the correct type.
    Test can only catch the characteristics of the types, not their motivations. So even if a person doesn`t delude himself or herself the test results can still point to a wrong type.