• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

...Enneagram Corner

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Are there any fictional characters or real life people that seem like you?

Marge Simpson is also a 9w1 on that show btw.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
I was mulling over how to parse 5w4s from 5w6s beyond the traditional "5w4s are art" and "5w6s are science" stereotypes since I find those don't work well. I find if the 5w6 is older and less "thinky" then they are a harder typing for me since I consider the 5w6 to have a slightly higher "motor"...thoughts racing through the head...etc. Due to the poor type descriptions that overemphasize 4ish depth and feelings I see on the internet many 5w6s mistype as 5w4s...but almost never the other way around.

I notice that 5w4ish avatars have a certain aesthetic...not quite pop art...but a pseudo-anime feel. The 5w6ish avatars are not quite "no-frill" but certainly "less-frills". The avatar aesthetic of the 5w4 seems to reflect the 5w4ish desire to "display" parts/degrees of themselves.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Greetings from fivedom my bipedalled friends...

Would anyone like to challenge my self-typing?

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello Marcello, you do look georgeous:wubbie:

I have done lots of reading as well on the Enneagram and have come to the conclusion I am 9w8, like BlackCat. I have always identified with the E9 profile, perhaps because of my chosen profession as advocate, and prior to that as a teacher. I seem to choose work that involves a certain amount of confrontation/concensus building. I feel like I am more aggressive, sometimes bordering on passive/aggressive, and don't fit into the doormat profile.

It's interesting to me that you previously mentioned that 9w8 are so rare on forums like this because they lack intuition. Can you explain that further? Do you mean that type is more grounded, for lack of a better term? I read a description that said the type is more "sensual"--does that jive with your understanding?

Have a purrfect day!

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Hello my bipedalled friend...

I'd say a 9w8 is more conscious of their rhythm than sensual...like a car idling in the driveway. They seem to be focused on maintaining their idle more than anything else.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
24.jpg
2304541505_39b9774710.jpg

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Jack Bauer has a similar level of gravitas as yours truly. I have him as 8w9 sp/sx on screen...and 3w4 sx/sp offscreen.

Type safely my bipedalled friends...

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:rofl1: You amuse me greatly. I'm trying to work out if I'm more 3, 7 or 9. When I take the tests, It always comes out as a tie between those three, and the thingo always comes out as sx, although I strongly identify with so. I've been trying to work it out based on my scores in the other types. I score quite high on 2 and 8, and slightly less on 6, (4/1 is not an option). I act very 2, but I seem to not pertain to a few of 2s qualities (which I can't fully remember anymore unfortunately), and I don't particularly relate to 6 or 8. This means that I'm probably a 3w2 right? ... or possibly 9w8 sx???

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Hello my bipedalled friend...several hundred posts in two months on boards that analyze inner stuff like personality makes type 9 unlikely. 9s aren't the most prolific posters when it comes to all the nooks and crannies of their mind. Neither are 3s for that matter.

The 8 isn't coming through...nor do you have the iron fist underneath the velvet glove feel of a 2. Both are also more focused energies. I'd guess a head type for you that's not a core 5.

Stay safe my bipedalled friend...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello my bipedalled friend...several hundred posts in two months on boards that analyze inner stuff like personality makes type 9 unlikely. 9s aren't the most prolific posters when it comes to all the nooks and crannies of their mind.

Oh come on. Lol.

VagrantFarce

my cat's eye has an infection and I have to give it eye drops twice a day now, which he hates.

VagrantFarce

my cat's eye has an infection and I have to give it eye drops twice a day now, which he hates.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you think you are 9w8?...I'd have to read your post history to determine what type you are...but from the limited I've seen if you are a 9 you are on the wing one side of 9.

No, I'm not trust me. Descriptions of the Enneagram Wings <- 9w8 fits perfectly on that, sx/so of the 9 on this Nine Stacks - the enneagram ...info from the underground

You can't really tell just from this. I've been diplomatic with you in this thread to get information. Probably not 9w8, I'm being providing for you, since YOU are giving me the information that I seek. 9w8s aren't exactly tactful I've read... and my trying I guess would make you see the 1 wing.

G

garbage

So what's the type that kind of fears others' expectations because he feels that he has to meet them at all times and, while this has allowed him to become pretty successful, as a result, he feels undue pressure from the world around him to not make mistakes?

I think that's a pretty good Three, but I dunno.