User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Marcy, please tell me something about the humor of Eights. How do they express their funny side?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    That's a good description, I like it, what makes it 9w8 over 1 though?
    9w8s are a lot more easygoing than 9w1s. In some ways they`re also more numbed, whereas 9w1 seem to be upset a lot of the time. An Eight-wing expresses itself in direct angry eruptions from time to time, though most of the time they`re fine with going along or they leave unpleasant situations. 9w1s have a harder time of letting go.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MellowMarcello View Post
    I am determined to bring him to justice so please...if you have any leads send me a line.
    Got him!

Banned

That`s not solely a Five thing. The need to recharge their energy is true of all introverts.
    The recharging needed was not from exposure to the world or other people...but from finding introspecting deeply too taxing. That isn't 4.

Banned

It`s actually double-edged. Fours have an excessive pride in feeling different from others, but there`s also a feeling of being defect and not normal. Which of these feelings predominates depends from Four to Four. Having such an deep-ingrained pride of feeling different, there`s naturally a fear of not being different at all. Of being normal and boring.
    You should see both parts...the pride/elitism and the defectiveness. I'm not sensing the 4ish pride/elitism. The last thing they should do is cancel out each other.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post
    Marcy, please tell me something about the humor of Eights. How do they express their funny side?
    From what I know of the type 8 they have morbid sense of humor.

Banned

Got him!
    Just in case we got the wrong person and the real criminal is still out there I ought to list this again:

$$$$$$$$$$ WANTED!! $$$$$$$$$$

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lostlove View Post
    I am actually both. I cannot live a life as an extrovert as it is too draining for me to deal with people all the time. I will suffocate if I do not have some time alone in my inner world to recharge myself.

Ironically, if I introspect for too long, I will have my soul staying in my inner world while having my shell dealing with the outer world and other practical matters. It will take a while or may even be a long time before I can integrate again.

However, if I introspect too deeply, I will also be killing myself...I get too exhausted and have no energy left to deal with anything else.
    The longer and deeper your introspection the more out of your element you are...this isn't 4. You don't have as much 4 in you as you think you do and you got more 3 in you than you realize.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lostlove View Post
    I find it interesting...

A Five thinks I am a Five.
    A Four thinks I am a Four.
    A Five thinks I am not a Four.
    A Four thinks I am not a Five.

How about a type which is between 4 and 5 but not a 4 with a 5 wing or a 5 with a 4 wing, say Type 4.5 (not a 4 and not a 5)?
    4w5s intentionally put forth an absurdly original image of themselves...like this is the real me...I'm not like those other image-conscious posers. I'm the real me and here it is. Unlike others I stay true to myself through thick and thin and I've paid the price for it. See...I got these stigmata wounds to show for it...and I wouldn't have it any other way. There's a slight "in your face" twinge to the image the 4w5 presents to others. The more people don't understand them the more it affirms how they are too complex for cretins they have comtempt for to understand them. The more they suffer for who they are the more they score points with themselves over their personal authenticity.

4w5s are less fantastical and have more pride in how different they are than you. I am starting to think you don't fully understand how 4w5s uglifying themselves contrasts with your 3ish putting your most competent foot forward. I also think you not realizing how much 3ness you have inside you(I think you have more 3ness inside you than any 5w4 I've seen) makes you misread people who have less 3ness in them...like you overproject that people put a minimum amount of their best stuff for others see while 4w5s have a much greater pride in being veiled.

Banned

I think the reason you hit a roadblock with the enneagram was because the 3w4 and 1w2 energies in your personality beyond the "cool" 5w4 sx/sp main type and stacking weren't flattering to you. You may think they make you less desireable but 3w4 and 1w2 are just type energies nothing more nothing less. Part of growth or whatever that's called is being able to come to grips with your full type including what doesn't sound good to you.