User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well then. Got to 30 seconds in and closed it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Banned

Stay strong my friend...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Anything disturbing regarding cats is a no go for me. That started to sound awful.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bornslippy View Post
    Meeeow!

Who am I?

*edit*

MTBI I would guess I'm some formulation of eNtp. My Dad is something like EnTj, Mom is XNFJ so 2w3, younger bro is Entj. My mom would describe my defining trait as a young child as insatiable curiosity.

Only a few posts on here so far, so not much to work with ... happy to provide the info you need though
    Welcome to my domain my bipedalled friend...

A family with four intuitives eh...lucky you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Hey MellowMarcello. Want to take a stab at picking my enneagram also? I don't know much about it. :P
    Hello my friend...you are almost as georgeous as me!

Banned

Hello my bipedalled friends...I have a dilemna.

I am very beautiful...there is no doubt about that. But...I also wise beyond my years between my ears...HAR HAR.

Happiness is in the journey not the destination...so I need to become progressively more georgeous to continue to feel good about myself. But my georgeousity has plateaued. I am considering becoming slightly less georgeous so I have room to increase my beauty again.

your resident asshole

Why thank you, my four-legged friend.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lostlove View Post
    I suppose people can have more than one fear. I doubt if any normal person would like to be unwanted, worthless, no personal significance, incapable, without support, being harmed, in pain, etc. It is just to what extent they fear of such thing, and how motivated they are to avoid their fear.
    Sorry, I should have made it more clear that I`m talking about enneagram terms. Surely, most people know how it feels to be unwanted, worthless and so on, but there`s one fear which sits at the very heart of your inner self and one motivation which drives your life.

Personality is like fingerprints, no two people are the same. It is very difficult to find another person that has the exact same character as you.
    Why would you want to find a person with the exact same character as yourself?

If MBTI types can represent a spectrum of different characteristics depending on the order of functions (8! = 40,320 different combinations of orders, not taking into account of different percentages), why can't Enneagram use something similar?
    Why should it? What`s the worth of having to similar systems rather than two different ones which look at personality from two different angles?
    Btw the MBTI is about different preferences.

If Enneagram is about motivations, why can't motivations change? Say if someone who used to be very worried about not being stupid and one day he has learnt to accept his limitations and be relaxed, not so care about not knowing or being incapable, this fear may no longer control him. He may be able to move on to something else that has become more important to him in that stage of life.
    The enneagram motivations act at a deeper level than that. You can`t overcome them that easily.

Only rectangular shapes can fit perfectly into rectangular boxes. However, there are other shapes like heart, star, circle, triangle, which may not be appropriate to be forced into one of the boxes if they do not really fit.
    You are not the first do come up with such an argument. I could point to Riso`s answer that the enneagram is not about putting people into boxes but rather about seeing into which box you have put yourself, but it`s no use if there`s too much fear that your self-image could change. The enneagram can show you deep resistances and if you`re afraid to meet them, the enneagram may not be for you.

Banned

Good afternoon my bipedalled friends. Marcello was out on the grassy knoll this morning...meditating on both the deeper and shallower aspects of life. Sometimes what is deep is shallow and other times what is shallow is deep.

Marcello saw a burning bush in the distance...and trudged towards that strange phenomenon. A voice emerged from the bush that sounded much like his own. The similarities between him and this voice initially surprised him...until he realized god had a similar level of gravitas.

In a flash it occurred to Marcello that the commoners were going about the enneagram all wrong. The enneagram was not about fear or motivation. Those were merely rocket boosters needed to propel one's understanding of the types into orbit to escape the gravitational force called language. All along the types were meant to be described by words...not defined by words.

Banned

LL:

There can be only one Marcello. Others can try but cannot dupicate his gravitas. Marcello knows all and knew you'd come to his home here. Marcello also knows you do not see what he sees...then or now. That is not a putdown...most people even with their little PM/email networks do not notice up close what the great Marcello sees from a distance. Marcello plays a lone hand because he does not believe in anyone but himself.