• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram type- Are wings nurture related?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While the main type is nature related? Or is it a mixture?

I'm leaning toward somewhat of a mixture perhaps. Maybe experiences as a child effect your wing? I'm not entirely sure, this is entirely speculation on my part. What do you people think?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it's a very strong possibility. I'm a 4w3 and when I was growing up I was pushed to succeed and also to be more extroverted, which are 3 traits. Also, as an adult, I think that having to live Real Life has nurtured my 3 wing. It would be much easier to be a pure 4 if I were independently wealthy, or at least had a trust fund. :D

Jaguar

Many times I score equally with 8 and 1.
Knowing that, I'm not going to add wings which don't fit my personality.
You know me, I buck the system.
So I created my own unorthodox type: 8w1. Lol.
:yay:

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I can honostly say that I was much different as a child, If I were to take the test as a grade 3-4 child I would probably score a 4w5. But today Im a hardcore 6w5 (somtimes I wonder if its 5w6) But in the end you have to remember that whatever nature v nurture traits that a person possesses probably dont conform to the test, seeing as, its a test.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
My enneagram type is changing constantly! I've been a 2, a 5, a 7 and at the moment I'm apparently a 9w8. Well, when I was a child, I was a very extreme 9, to be honest, I was always trying to make peace and stuff, but my dad always wanted me to be more dominant and sometimes even cruel. I was what he called "way to sweet" and he liked it when I fought with outher children. So it might be possible.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Hello my bipedalled friends...you are born with your enneagram type and it doesn't change.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got no help with my parent for my Four wing, neither of them has a clue what Four is... they really wouldn't understand it in the least, they are nothing like Fours. (My mom's a bona fide Two, my dad probably a 7w8 or 8w7.)

If they did impact it, it was through negative reinforcement... which thus COULD be attributed to them (my sense of loneliness and desire to be unique and desired and appreciated, etc., was all raised to a fevered pitch) or thus not attributable to them at all. I can't tell; I tend to think these things are basic hardwired reactions (based on nervous system capabilities) that are then developed by environment via behavioral feedback loops.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
7w8s are cats that always believe they will land on their feet so they don't have the 8w7 "I must control things if the alternative is to be controlled" mindest.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm a 8w7 think I was supposed to become an ENTP, but at some point became an ENFP.

But...you know...enneagram is drivel so...:p

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w8s are cats that always believe they will land on their feet so they don't have the 8w7 "I must control things if the alternative is to be controlled" mindest.

I wouldn't say my dad is a controller in the conventional sense... but he's definitely a bully.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Most 8w7s aren't and see controlling things as a messy business. The 8w7 mindset is to control the minimum needed to avoid being controlled themselves(8w7s reframe losing power as being controlled). 7w8s see that messy business as something they could get stuck in...and their worst fear is getting stuck...so they are more likely to "risk" not trying to control to preserve a sense of freedom. It helps that 7w8s are more optimistic that the future will work out for them whereas the idea of leaving fate to chance is heresy to an 8w7.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most 8w7s aren't and see controlling things as a messy business. The 8w7 mindset is to control the minimum needed to avoid being controlled themselves(8w7s reframe losing power as being controlled). 7w8s see that messy business as something they could get stuck in...and their worst fear is getting stuck...so they are more likely to "risk" not trying to control to preserve a sense of freedom. It helps that 7w8s are more optimistic that the future will work out for them whereas the idea of leaving fate to chance is heresy to an 8w7.

oh that's an interesting comparison there. i have a good friend that's 8w7 and that seems pretty accurate.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

it makes sense theoretically. Based on what you've said, I'm not sure where my dad would fit due to the extreme particulars of his situation (I consider people with long-term life-destroying addictions to sort of be at the "ends of the curve" here, all reality patterns warp and twist, making it hard to figure out what they are, truly).

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

I actually agree with that a lot. You did good. :)

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
it makes sense theoretically. Based on what you've said, I'm not sure where my dad would fit due to the extreme particulars of his situation (I consider people with long-term life-destroying addictions to sort of be at the "ends of the curve" here, all reality patterns warp and twist, making it hard to figure out what they are, truly).

8w7s on average are moodier/more sullen than 7w8s...grumpier...and due to their line to 5 have periods where they "regroup" in private to wage war another day. 8w7s don't talk as much but make you fear them more. Compared to 8w7s...7w8s mouth off too much which detracts from their ability to dominate. 8w7 is like an adult...7w8 a big kid.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I would way in my case, yes. In my past I kind of put myself in that "Me Vs. The world" situation which is typical of a 6.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I do think my upbringing had impact on being a 9w1.

I want to flip this over though ... Marcello, what kind of childhood may have contributed to me developing a 1 wing?

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
I think enneagram types are inborn and share a range of basic body language markers. Upbringing affects the expression/manifestation of that type...where in that range people fall. If you had a type exemplars list large enough containing people of the same type with different backgrounds you'd notice a vibe pattern that all of them share...kinda neat actually.